Avatar image for chickenfeet5029
chickenfeet5029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By chickenfeet5029

With Patrick mentioning lost on the bombcast and twitter is it a good idea to rewatch lost.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

Yes. I've rewatched it once after the series was over and its worth it. I enjoyed the show, loved the ending and miss it

Going back with the knowledge of how stuff plays out might be worth it.

chickenfeet5029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chickenfeet5029

@Dany: Great knowing its still good gives me no excuse to not watch it, there goes a few weeks.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

@Dany said:

Yes. I've rewatched it once after the series was over and its worth it. I enjoyed the show, loved the ending and miss it

Doesn't a bunch of the stuff in that show not make any sense towards anything even after you've seen it because the writer's were figuring it out as they went along? Back when the series finally ended I remember hearing about how many of the writer's "Ah, fuck it!"'s were called "Red herring"'s by fans. I guess it would still be interesting to laugh at those.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dany

@Brendan said:

@Dany said:

Doesn't a bunch of the stuff in that show not make any sense towards anything even after you've seen it because the writer's were figuring it out as they went along? Back when the series finally ended I remember hearing about how many of the writer's "Ah, fuck it!"'s were called "Red herring"'s by fans. I guess it would still be interesting to laugh at those.

No, they just make the red hearings make sense when they reveal 'what it is'

Also, Mr. Eko is a god damn boss.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Milkman

I've been meaning to re-watch it since it ended. Maybe someday.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeF

I started a rewatch last December but then got distracted by other stuff ... rewatching a long series like this is hard when you can barely keep up with what's on the air.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pinworm45

@Brendan said:

@Dany said:

"Hey guys, we found this briefcase. What could be in this briefcase?" This episode is dedicated to figuring out what's in the briefcase. Episode ends with the briefcase about to be opened.

Next episode starts. Suddenly, they are attacked by a strange group of people! Why are these people attacking? Who could they be? The group is about to go to war with them. The episode ends with a cliffhanger where they are prepared to attack.

Next episode starts, it's a flashback to some guy in a band dancing around in diapers. Season over.

Briefcase? what briefcase? what group of people? silly person.

That's basically Lost.

chickenfeet5029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chickenfeet5029

@Pinworm45: Im going to have to respectfully disagree, but i understand what your problem with the show was

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By cornbredx

I've been re-watching it on netflix since I stopped watching around season 6 when it was on TV. 

Even when you already know whats gonna happen it's still a great show and even though some stuff makes more sense it's still compelling to keep watching (maybe more so).

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Gizmo

With Lost, the journey is more important then the destination. The Hatch reveal is probably the greatest moment in television. So many great characters and setpieces, I could talk about Lost for hours.

I think the 19th century 'journey to the island' and the Locke 'box-factory' episodes are my favourite, the latter almost bringing me to tears and the former making me fall off my chair and jump around my room with excitement.

chickenfeet5029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chickenfeet5029

@Gizmo: Oh fuck i forgot how amazing that was.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gizmo

Fuck, now I just want to discuss Lost...

Lost Via Domus is not bad, by the way. If you are planning on re-watching Lost, give the game a go before you watch season 4.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By laserbolts

Damn I have never watched any of Lost. Maybe I should give it a go because it sounds fucking crazy.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gizmo

@laserbolts said:

Damn I have never watched any of Lost. Maybe I should give it a go because it sounds fucking crazy.

Fucking do it, you are so lucky to have not watched Lost!

Stop reading this thread, spoilers!

chickenfeet5029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chickenfeet5029

@laserbolts: Give it a go man, other than a few parts its amazing

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dany

Why do you find it so hard to believe?

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By wrecks

I need to do this. But, think I'm going to wait a couple more years before trying to experience it again. So fucking good.

No Caption Provided
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I feel kinda bad for people who start watching now, because it's almost impossible for them to not already have heard about certain things in the show. Half the fun was in not having any idea where they were going with it - despite people saying the writer's didn't know either.

@Gizmo said:

Fuck, now I just want to discuss Lost...

Lost Via Domus is not bad, by the way. If you are planning on re-watching Lost, give the game a go before you watch season 4.

I always wondered whether that would be worth a look. Care to hear my theory that LOST is just the first season of Digimon, but for adults and with no Digimon?

@Dany said:

Also, Mr. Eko is a god damn boss.

Best motherfucking character on TV, right here.
Best motherfucking character on TV, right here.
Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Death_Burnout

I decided to rewatch it all beginning of last year, did it in 42 days (Got to the finale in 40 days, realized if I wait 2 more days I can complete it in 42! Perhaps the most nerdiest thing I have ever done)

It was great! Never thought it would be, but it was even more powerful the second time round. Perhaps that is because I hadn't seen some of it in 5 or 6 years, and maybe watching it condensed like that made it more intense. I highly recommend it.

I will say to anyone who hasn't seen it at all yet, you can not replicate the awesomeness/rage inducing experience of watching the show when it was on the air, but maybe that's a good thing?

NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NickBOTT

Hell yes it is worth re-watching. I recently started re-watching it myself and you forget just how great that show was.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#22  Edited By amlabella

Bought the entire series on Blu-ray late last year, but I'll have to wait until my summer vacation to re-watch it. The whole package looks awesome though.

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Matterless

I bought the series blu ray set a couple of years ago and still haven't cracked it open. There are so many excellent (and free) supplemental, episode-by-episode guides and podcasts you can use to enhance a rewatch. I really just need a plan of attack.

SomeGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By SomeGuy

Every time Michael says "Walt", "My boy!" or "My son!" you take a drink.

Best Lost Drinking game ever.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cloneslayer

Fuck like the last 2 seasons of Lost. Everything else is fine.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By slax

I tried watching it for the first time about a year ago. Got through season 3 into the 4th and was pretty bored. I think it probably had to do with not having a week between each episode. But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go back and finish the series.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SSully

My girlfriend and I are currently looking for a new show after getting caught up with Breaking Bad. We are between Lost and Twin Peaks. Although I have been through Lost, the idea of experiencing it all again is exciting. So hell yes, watch it again!

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By aurahack

I had actually never watched the show until now, somehow managing to avoid any spoilers regarding the ending and last few seasons. Finished it last week, and man... that is a fucking great show. Ben has got to be my favorite character from any TV show, ever.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Sooty

I liked the show but seasons 1 and 2 were by far the highpoint of that series.

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JammyJesus

I enjoyed it. The only thing that pissed me off about it was, at the time of the first series, the writers flat out denied that the survivors were in purgatory.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#31  Edited By Danteveli

after how dissapointed i was after last season i cant do this to myself

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#32  Edited By pyromagnestir

I've probably seen most episodes of Lost 3 or 4 times already between watching each new episode twice during the week it aired plus rewatching the previous season before the new one started. It'll be years before a proper rewatch is in order for me, I imagine. God damn I miss that show.

I remember "Walkabout" just happened to rerun hours before the season 5 finale and I watched it and felt very strongly one way about it, (highly uplifting) then after the finale's revelations my feelings on "Walkabout" were entirely flipped and it suddenly became quite a sad episode in retrospect. That's the mark of a great tv show right there if you ask me.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#33  Edited By pyromagnestir
SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@JammyJesus said:

I enjoyed it. The only thing that pissed me off about it was, at the time of the first series, the writers flat out denied that the survivors were in purgatory.

They weren't. The flashes in season 6 were the only time they were in purgatory.

I appreciate the six seasons of entertainment the show gave me, but I don't have much desire to go back at this point. For me, I needed it to be leading somewhere, and I feel kind of like the writers tricked me.