Rick N Morty Episodes to recommend to Brad

Par1val

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

WHADDUP MY GLIP GLOPS!

After watching Rorey play Rick n Morty Vr on UPF, Brad seemed kind of interested in the ideas that the show has to offer. I feel like we should recommend a good starter episode for Brad, something that might coincide with Brad's interests (at least the ones we think he has).

I like to recommend "Total Rickall", since I love the concept behind the episode, along with the guest voices like Keith David (MASS EFFECT ANYONE!?) and Tara Strong. So, what episode would you like to recommend?

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Definitely the alien TV episodes and the one where John Oliver is a tour guide inside a homeless guy, but really... he should watch it all.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dr_monocle

I like "A Rickle in Time" a lot. It's funny seeing the timeline split up.

Also:

@slaps2 said:

Definitely the alien TV episodes and the one where John Oliver is a tour guide inside a homeless guy, but really... he should watch it all.

There are not many times in my life when I've laughed harder than watching that. Holy hell. But yeah, he should just watch it all. I mean it's not like there's a whole lot to watch anyway.

Oh and as someone who was kinda put-off in the beginning: stick with it and it'll grow on you.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Rick and Morty definitely doesn't sound like a Brad type of show. I like it but man I can't imagine Brad getting into it somehow. Maybe I'm completely wrong but that's my hunch. I think during UPF he was just showing his usual "I need to check that out" curiosity that rarely ever moves beyond the theoretical planning stage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

The one where the dog's become sentient and take over the world, or all of season 2. Also the rest of season 1.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

Literally any episode after they tone down Rick's belching. Any time I see someone put off by that show, it's because they hated the constant burping in the first couple of episodes.

But yeah, Rixty Minutes is the go-to. Anyone who doesn't laugh until they cry at Baby Legs is somebody I don't want to know, thank you very much.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Yeah the belching was off putting for me at first too but there are a lot of properly hilarious episodes in there.

Mortynight Run is a pretty good one - the VR game "Roy" is pretty fantastic, the daycare for Jerry's etc.

SilversunZer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would recommend Rick Potion #9! The ending was top R+M moment for me.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The alien TV episodes are an acquired taste and that's saying it lightly. Maybe it's different for native English speakers, some hidden level of humor I'm not privy to, I don't know. To me it's just really sub-par improv, especially when Roiland proved he can do much better in several episodes of the Grandma's Virginity Podcast.

For me the standout episodes would be, in chronological order:

• Lawnmower Dog
  • Meeseeks and Destroy
  • Mortynight Run
  • Total Rickall
  • The Ricks Must be Crazy

Of course, it would be better to just make Brad watch them all in order. An outright bad R&M episode hasn't aired yet.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, some episodes are better than others, but I don't see why he shouldn't just watch the series from the beginning.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Relkin

He should just start with the pilot, with the understanding that the amount of burp talking in that episode is in no way representative of the rest of the show. I'm not sure that the humor in that show is going to resonate with him, but the high-concept sci-fi will probably get its hooks into him and pull him through the first season.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

My advice is that if you don't laugh at anything from the first two shows, then the show is not for you. I love it, but there are enough friends of mine who don't like it that I understand that it's not for everyone.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I try to give a series 4 episodes before I make judgment on it. I gotta say, it's definitely not for everyone.