• 140 results
diabloshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By diabloshadow

I made a thread earlier about my grievance with the money being spent on the security on the g20. Now even though a billion dollars was spent, there are full out riots going on, police cars on fire, stores fronts broken, streets vandalized, a couple people injured and now I'm wondering, how do you spend that kinda money and not have this shit contained. I understand the need for the money now, and even that the police need time to get this under control, but for the first time in awhile I'm pretty scared (even though I don't live close).

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Chris2KLee

The G8/20 is a magnet for this kinda stuff. Every time it happens you can expect these kinda of incidents to occur. Many other countries have tried to handle it, and most haven't done much better. Best you can do in these situations is try to mitigate the damage as opposed to stopping it completely.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Interfect

Dudder fuck G20. Those fools accomplish a whole lot of nothing

Avatar image for natural_deadhead
natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natural_deadhead

My sister is working security there.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By meteora

I'm unsure, but riots are always hard to contain. Protesters are pretty persistent, and they're in overwhelming numbers. Not all of them are violent either, so police has difficulty in trying to pick out the ones who are violent. 

Also fuck protesters. That only justifies the security budget.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Dude, Canadians rioting? I know they were protesting the other day, but rioting?  

Eh, don't worry about it. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

People suck, you can spend billions on it, people will still suck and go wild.

InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By InTheEnd

I say good on the rioters. Standing around in the "free speech zone", writing blogs, or chanting slogans doesn't send a very strong message. 

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Snipzor

The rioters are twats, fuck them. Bunch of arseholes don't understand the irony in protesting/rioting against misused tax dollars, by breaking and burning things that will only end up being repaired by... ah fuck it, they're idiots.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#10  Edited By citizenkane
@Interfect said:
" Dudder fuck G20. Those fools accomplish a whole lot of nothing "
Yeah, fuck the world leaders coming together!  What do they know about anything!
DrGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DrGanon

Why bother protesting? Have hippies ever accomplished anything by doing this? No. God I hate hippies. If only I had a drill like Cartman.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By citizenkane
@InTheEnd said:
" I say good on the rioters. Standing around in the "free speech zone", writing blogs, or chanting slogans doesn't send a very strong message.  "
Neither does burning cars and looting stores.  They are just a bunch of wannabe hippies who have no idea what they're talking about.  

Protesting makes me look like I know stuff about the world!
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Snipzor
@DrGanon said:
" Why bother protesting? Have hippies ever accomplished anything by doing this? No. God I hate hippies. If only I had a drill like Cartman. "
They're anarchists, or poor excuses for anarchists... actually that also describes anarchists (And general twats). Hippies are non-violent.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By meteora

Its protests like these that make me despise anarchists.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Interfect
@CitizenKane:  

Well it seems they know how to spend a lot of money and piss a lot of people off....
DrGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrGanon
@Snipzor:
Hippies, Anarchists. They're all losers who probably grew up in the suburbs and had everything paid for them by their "rich ,evil  and capitalist" parents.
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Snipzor said:

" @DrGanon said:

" Why bother protesting? Have hippies ever accomplished anything by doing this? No. God I hate hippies. If only I had a drill like Cartman. "

They're anarchists, or poor excuses for anarchists... actually that also describes anarchists (And general twats). Hippies are non-violent. "
Huh? Anarchists are people who wishes to get rid of governments and such. Being an anarchist doesn't have anything to do with being violent or not.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Ace829
@DrGanon said:
" @Snipzor: Hippies, Anarchists. They're all losers who probably grew up in the suburbs and had everything paid for them by their "rich ,evil  and capitalist" parents. "
Sweeping generalizations make me a very sad panda.
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By JB16

This is nothing new bro. It happens at EVERY single G20/G8 meeting, don't worry about it.

It's just a bunch of spoiled hippies and anarchist anyway, most of them aren't even rioting for a cause. They're just rioting to riot.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Snipzor
@DrGanon: Yea... hippies and anarchists are not even close to being the same. They're completely different in almost everyway (Both are socially progressive). 

@TheSeductiveMoose: It doesn't mean they're violent, but the history concerning anarchists show the major flaws of anarchy. They always end up violent, which is funny because they believe that a world free of government would be peaceful. It is a massive contradiction on my part to say they're not violent while saying they are, but it is a contradiction I could never get around. I'm sorry.
Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Burns098356GX

I thought the G20 was being held in Huntsville this year...

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JB16
@InTheEnd said:
" I say good on the rioters. Standing around in the "free speech zone", writing blogs, or chanting slogans doesn't send a very strong message.  "
Yeah let's instead burn cars and vandalize local businesses, sure they have nothing to do with G20 and they're struggling in this economy but who gives a fuck? I'm just having fun.

God I hate people like you.
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By Chris2KLee

It's sad because it's usually just a small group of nutbars that turn, what would otherwise be a peaceful demonstration, into a riot. I wouldn't worry too much though, the bigger headache will be if you have to drive through the downtown core in TO this week. As for the price tag for security, a lot of that is over time for riot cops and such, but a good amount is going to making sure the world leaders are secure (and comfortable). The harder security will be around the conference area, JTF2, counter-terrorist units, ETF, Bomb sniffing dogs, and I imagine a few other security forces from foreign nations. The dumb artificial lake inside the meeting hall probably cost a pretty penny to.

DrGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DrGanon
@Chris2KLee:  
Don't get me started on the articifial lake. Just imagine a round table of politicians. "Hey, we're in debt up to our eyeballs,  and the whole world is teetering on bankruptcy, what should we do?"idiot-1 "I know!! An indoor lake!!!"-idiot-2. "Brillant"-idiot-1.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By meteora

Sometimes I wonder why couldn't we just deploy soldiers and point guns at the protesters to show that they're serious about security. 

On another note, why do they even host G8/G20? All world conferences aside from the United Nations always gets these violent protests that end up in a mess.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanwho
@JB16 said:
" @InTheEnd said:
Yeah let's instead burn cars and vandalize local businesses, sure they have nothing to do with G20 and they're struggling in this economy but who gives a fuck? I'm just having fun.  God I hate people like you. "
Hopefully he grows out of it. He'll have his little punk rock moment and get some teeth knocked out and crie it out in jail and then maybe he puts his pitchfork down and starts living in the real world.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FrankCanada97

These anarchists are just using this for an excuse to wreak havoc. It's also stupid that there are so many onlookers, with cameras standing there like deer in headlights. At least the Toronto Police can never be accused of police brutality.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By blair

These fucking idiots should be round up and deported.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Snipzor
@FrankCanada97 said:
" These anarchists are just using this for an excuse to wreak havoc. It's also stupid that there are so many onlookers, with cameras standing there like deer in headlights. At least the Toronto Police can never be accused of police brutality. "
I support police brutality. If these twats are gonna bitch about a NWO, then the cops might as well act like they're part of it. Why not? Bust a few skulls here and there, maybe shoot a youth or two. I fully support this.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30  Edited By CoolDrMoney
@Meteora said:
"I want another Kent State"
Me too
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FrankCanada97

I wish the War Measures Act still existed.

secretagent099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By secretagent099

They should host the G20 in some random place like Iceland, that way none of these asshole ''anarchists'' will bother paying for their plane ticket to get there. Oh and it's such a small island that they could probably cease all travel to it with less of an economic impact than Toronto has been having.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Binman88

Rioters are the scum of the earth. I have no sympathy for a violent protester who gets smacked by a police baton or worse.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FrankCanada97

All these anarchists are from outside of Toronto and Canada. Protests happen all the time in Toronto and they have all been peaceful.

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LiquidS

I see where the protestors are coming from, I'd riot too if I had to spend any time in Toronto.
diabloshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By diabloshadow

Just so people know, these ARE anarchists, self pronounced anarchists (South Ontario Anarchist Resistance) and i'm amazed the police haven't busted some heads, even when they started running around and ended up outside Toronto Police HQ.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FrankCanada97

Can you believe that this is the first time in Toronto history tear gas has been used by police.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Snipzor
@Diabloshadow said:
" Just so people know, these ARE anarchists, self pronounced anarchists (South Ontario Anarchist Resistance) and i'm amazed the police haven't busted some heads, even when they started running around and ended up outside Toronto Police HQ. "
They haven't? Arg... well maybe I should use my Illuminati shill powers to command the cops to bust skulls. It would be great entertainment.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Snipzor said:
" @Diabloshadow said:
" Just so people know, these ARE anarchists, self pronounced anarchists (South Ontario Anarchist Resistance) and i'm amazed the police haven't busted some heads, even when they started running around and ended up outside Toronto Police HQ. "
They haven't? Arg... well maybe I should use my Illuminati shill powers to command the cops to bust skulls. It would be great entertainment. "
Obviously they haven't, all the cops did was herd the protesters like sheep. Which was why I made the statement that the Toronto Police can never be accused of brutality.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By citizenkane
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" @Snipzor said:

" @DrGanon said:

They're anarchists, or poor excuses for anarchists... actually that also describes anarchists (And general twats). Hippies are non-violent. "
Huh? Anarchists are people who wishes to get rid of governments and such. Being an anarchist doesn't have anything to do with being violent or not. "
No, just having to do with being an idiot and having no idea about the true concept of anarchy.
Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Crono11
@FrankCanada97 said:
" Can you believe that this is the first time in Toronto history tear gas has been used by police. "
Tear gas hasn't been used yet. That was a misunderstanding. At least that's what I just heard on the news from the Chief of police.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FrankCanada97
@crono11 said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" Can you believe that this is the first time in Toronto history tear gas has been used by police. "
Tear gas hasn't been used yet. That was a misunderstanding. At least that's what I just heard on the news from the Chief of police. "
Yay, we get to keep this unique distinction of never using tear gas!
Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deathstriker666
@CitizenKane said:
" @TheSeductiveMoose said:
" @Snipzor said:

" @DrGanon said:

Huh? Anarchists are people who wishes to get rid of governments and such. Being an anarchist doesn't have anything to do with being violent or not. "
No, just having to do with being an idiot and having no idea about the true concept of anarchy. "
Anybody can interpret their version of anarchy any way they want, just like any other belief 
There is no "true concept of anarchy" as that is subjective 
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By citizenkane
@deathstriker666 said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @Snipzor said:

" @DrGanon said:

No, just having to do with being an idiot and having no idea about the true concept of anarchy. "
Anybody can interpret their version of anarchy any way they want, just like any other belief There is no "true concept of anarchy" as that is subjective  "
Actually anarchy/anarchism does have some pretty set guidelines, as with any political philosophy.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ryanwho
@deathstriker666: Words have definitions. Ass.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By meteora

I'm a little surprised that people don't like the rioters. I suppose Giantbomb has a different perception compare to the comments I've been reading on CBC and elsewhere.    

Yoggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Yoggs

Ok, could somebody please explain to the uneducated (me) what exactly the G20 summit is and why people are so up-in-arms against it? I've Googled it and I still don't get it. I get that it's a group of Financial Ministers and world leaders and shit, but what exactly do they do and why are people so against it? Did they pass some bill that says Financial Ministers get a raise or something that comes from tax dollars?

tl;dr: explain why people hate the g20 summit in layman's terms.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deathstriker666
@CitizenKane said:

" @deathstriker666 said:

" @CitizenKane said:
" @Snipzor said:

" @DrGanon said:

Anybody can interpret their version of anarchy any way they want, just like any other belief There is no "true concept of anarchy" as that is subjective  "
Actually anarchy/anarchism does have some pretty set guidelines, as with any political philosophy. "
Yes, I know  
I just hate the term "true concept" 
It just gets me annoyed when I see someone say that 
As it implies one and only one definitive interpretation of a belief or concept

I would rather you use something along the lines of "basic understanding" or "basic principle" of anarchy
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By citizenkane
@deathstriker666: "Basic principle" is what I was going for, but for some reason I couldn't think of it at the moment.
Avatar image for fakeplastictree
FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FakePlasticTree

I can't stand these rioters. Your destroying our city...for what? Every single time the G20 comes around people protest and/or riot. Is anything EVER accomplished by this? No. It's like having some 12 year old on Xbox Live yelling racial slurs at you. You don't pay attention to him or take him seriously. Do these people think burning police cars and smashing shop windows is going to get the attention of world leaders who are leaving our city in a few days anyway? This is just vandalism for the sake of vandalism. Whatever your agenda is, rioting and destroying property will not get you anywhere or get your voice heard in a manner that may actually help your cause, and anyone who thinks it will is an idiot.  

Arrest them all, peaceful or not. You want to peacefully protest? Fine. Once it gets violent, whether your groups is involved or not, and property gets destroyed, the police need to step in and put an end to it, not just try to contain it in a small area.  

Also, fuck the protestors for disrupting the lives of the citizens they pretend to care about so much. I can't go downtown and go drinking tonight because these idiots have caused so many problems.