RIP George Michael

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With the death of Bowie, Prince and now George Michael it seems like the universe is conspiring to kill off every icon that redefined masculinity.

2016 - Motherfucker to the end.

No Caption Provided

RIP George.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rest In Peace.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

What a shock. Rest in Peace dude.

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Was just listening Last Christmas yesterday. I never did listen to much Prince or Bowie, but there was always a few songs from George in my playlists. This year can't be over any sooner.

RIP

SolidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidR
Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy fucking shit...

He was once one of my favorite musicians. This year really sucks a lot.

Onward to 2017, surely it can't get any worse.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never gonna dance again...

You left out Cohen.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A great talent and one of the best vocalists in pop. A favorite GM clip is this one where he covers Queen's 'Somebody to Love' at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert:

Loading Video...

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He was an amazing talent but a troubled guy. Of all the shitty deaths in 2016, George's was less of a surprise than most. Christmas Day too. Damn.

In a time when most teenage (he wrote Careless Whisper when he was 17!) pop stars were carefully packaged and managed, he wrote, produced and did things his own way. I was never a mega fan but always thought his response to the late 90s toilet incident was one of the smartest and ballsiest things I've ever seen a singer do.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's like everything I remember about my childhood is dying.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

For goodness sake... one more reason to hate 2016. May he rest in peace.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shindig
Loading Video...

Although Kim Justice cutting her Christmas stream out of sheer shock was probably the thing I'll take away from this. I feel like there was a couple of weeks in 1997 when I liked what he was doing. Wham and teenage George was nowt compared to the older man's work.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sergio said:

I was waiting at the car dealership while my car was being serviced and pulled up this article: George Michael was a 'generous philanthropist' who anonymously donated millions to charity. Almost lost it in public.

While that was quite the oxymoron, he really did to a lot for charity. After his last album, he decided to release any new music he made for free, and encourage everyone to donate to one of several charities if they downloaded the music.

It's pretty cool to have a celebrity who just decides, no, I'm rich enough, but he did just that. I'm sure he made quite a bit over the years from royalties, and lately there must have been that sweet Dead Pool / Keanu money.

Loading Video...

Having enjoyed a lot of George Michael's music over the years, this scene had me laughing pretty hard. It probably works better in the full context of the movie, though.

RIP

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@spaceinsomniac: I think I understand what you mean by the article's title, but I guess the "anonymous" was that he often did things for others while requesting not to be publicly acknowledged, or he used a middleman to hide his identity.

(I'm okay with people doing charitable acts publicly or anonymously.)

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When I was growing up, a cassette copy of Faith was played non-stop in my house for three years. At the time I did not pay attention or understood the lyrics of the songs. Especially the song I Want Your Sex but that album stuck with me. Music has a thing were you remember the time and place. It was nice that last couple of years his music has had a resurgence in popular culture like Deadpool for example. I was shocked learning the news that he passed away on Christmas day. George Michael will be missed.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Just felt like this should be posted here, especially given the day that he passed. Rest in peace.

Loading Video...