ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Source: CNN

Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy has passed away at the age of 77. Sen. Kennedy died on August 25, 2009 at his home in Hyannisport, Massachusetts. Prior to his death Sen. Kennedy suffered multiple seizures due to an aggressive brain tumor. One of the most prominent figures in the U.S. Senate, Sen. Kennedy was one of only six senators in U.S. history to serve more than 40 years. He was elected to eight full terms and was the second most-senior senator after West Virginia Democrat Robert Byrd before his death. The Kennedy family had this to say:

"We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever...We thank everyone who gave him care and support over this last year, and everyone who stood with him for so many years in his tireless march for progress toward justice."

For his dedication to his beliefs I say this with the utmost respect, rest in peace Ted Kennedy.

P.S. I realize the Ted Kennedy may not have held the same beliefs as you but I ask from the depths of my heart that you show your respect when commenting in this forum. You are more than welcome to bring up issues you disagreed with Mr. Kennedy but you will do so with respect and humility.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz

Just saw this as well on Twitter, RIP, sad way to go

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By WallacetheGreat

Sad, but it was inevitable. RIP

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Red12b

R.I.P Mr Kennedy
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

Edward Kennedy: a great man from a legendary family. Rest in peace and may you never be forgotten.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By KaosAngel

...such a same about the Kennedy family.  They were all good men and women.  I hope America sees more inspirational families like them.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By mike

Whenever I think of Ted Kennedy, I think of Mary Jo Kopechne and that he was probably drunk as a skunk when his car plunged into the river...and how she probably struggled to get free and drowned to death while Kennedy saved himself and swam to shore, only to then wait until the following day when the car and her body were discovered before calling the police. 

Coward.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

:(

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By papercut

I'm surprised how surprised i was by this

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Termite
@MB said:

" Whenever I think of Ted Kennedy, I think of Mary Jo Kopechne and that he was probably drunk as a skunk when his car plunged into the river...and how she probably struggled to get free and drowned to death while Kennedy saved himself and swam to shore, only to then wait until the following day when the car and her body were discovered before calling the police.   Coward. "

Sigh, there's always one. 

Just because he did questionable things in the past doesn't mean you have to insult him after his death. That's disrespectful and mean-spirited.

Also, R.I.P. Ted Kennedy.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mike
@Termite: Kennedy's death does not change the fact that he was responsible for the death of a young woman. You can choose to ignore that if you wish, but that is part of Ted Kennedy's legacy.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Rowr

i agree. Dying doesnt change a dam thing you did in your life and doesnt make you any better of a person in hindsight. I'm so fucking sick of that.

Fair enough to have some respect for the dead, and not be mean spirited. But dont make someone a fucking saint just because they died and are mildly famous.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
@Rowr said:
" i agree. Dying doesnt change a dam thing you did in your life and doesnt make you any better of a person in hindsight. I'm so fucking sick of that.  Fair enough to have some respect for the dead, and not be mean spirited. But dont make someone a fucking saint just because they died and are mildly famous. "
True, but looking back at everything the family has been through for decades, you can't feel some sort of sympathy.  They tried to do the best for America at times, and looking back, many of them were lost in tragic ways.  At least show some sympathy towards the family, rather than the person.  :(
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rowr

i should clarify i was just speaking in general and not specifically about this guy. As someone who isnt american i barely know a thing about him and have no opinion either way.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Yeah I just saw this on CNN, it said he was battling with a brain tumor for a year, and had multiple seizers on top of that.  

Damn. That's all I have to say.

Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Sushbag

Old drill-head finally went, huh? Interesting. 

Wait, no it isn't this is Giant Bomb.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrKlorox
@Rowr: Then what makes you think what you had to say applied to this person? Nobody's saying he was perfect, but the things he tried to do for this country outweighs the thing he didn't try to do.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#18  Edited By AgentJ
@MB said:
" @Termite: Kennedy's death does not change the fact that he was responsible for the death of a young woman. You can choose to ignore that if you wish, but that is part of Ted Kennedy's legacy. "
So that should be the first thing we think of when we remember them? When we remember the Clintons, we should remember the scandal first? When we remember the Bushes, we should remember that Barbara killed a man? Come on, there has been plenty of time to criticize them, and there will be plenty more time to criticize them later, but not right after their death.
DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DirrtyNinja
No Caption Provided
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hitchenson
@DirrtyNinja said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Well done, sir.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22  Edited By natetodamax

Doesn't surprise me, it's pretty much been dead for a while.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By gingertastic_10

Terrible. This has been a bad year.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By penguindust

Wow, that's the end of an era. 

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By lordofultima

The curse!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic

who's that ?

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By EdIsCool
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" who's that ? "
quoted for epic ignorance
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MB said:
"Whenever I think of Ted Kennedy, I think of Mary Jo Kopechne and that he was probably drunk as a skunk when his car plunged into the river...and how she probably struggled to get free and drowned to death while Kennedy saved himself and swam to shore, only to then wait until the following day when the car and her body were discovered before calling the police.   Coward. "
I completely agree.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Karmum
@AgentJ said:

" @MB said:

" @Termite: Kennedy's death does not change the fact that he was responsible for the death of a young woman. You can choose to ignore that if you wish, but that is part of Ted Kennedy's legacy. "

So that should be the first thing we think of when we remember them? When we remember the Clintons, we should remember the scandal first? When we remember the Bushes, we should remember that Barbara killed a man? Come on, there has been plenty of time to criticize them, and there will be plenty more time to criticize them later, but not right after their death. "
Uh, yes? The Kennedy family is probably going to be remember first and fore most with either their involvements in deaths, or their unusual deaths (i.e. brain cancer, assassinations). As a whole bunch (i.e. Clintons and Bushes), you aren't going to remember them for that, but you might remember one person (in each respective family) as an individual for what they have done. The thing is, the Kennedy family has had so many freak-related accidents (JFK assassination, Robert Kennedy's assassination, JFK's son dying in a plane crash), that is what will be known of them right off the bat. At least, that is the first thing that comes to mind for me.

@EdIsCool:

That is your viewing of him, and just because some other people have other views of him, doesn't make them a "cunt" or anything else. The matter of the fact is, that one "mistake" (I'm sure he has had more) cost a young woman's life. Also, bringing religion into your post? Not a surprise, but damn, good for me since I'm not Christian.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@EdIsCool said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" who's that ? "
quoted for epic ignorance "
quoted for disgusting perfectionism..  i dunno who he is, people dont know famous people sometimes, and i chose to ask that question instead of wiki-ing the guy... im a human being, we're all flawed and ignorant and got our stupid mistakes and shortcomings ....  i dont mind having occasional ignorance, spelling wrong or being inacurate cuz last time i checked, those things were natural human qualities, and those who bitched about them were called perfectionist nerds.. 
you and all the people-should-be-perfect-on-the-net people can eat my ass hair
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By EdIsCool

How christian of you.He then dedicated 47 years of his life to the american people.
So one mistake(no matter how horrific it was) and your a c*unt for life..fascinating

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dalai
@MB said:
That and his love of scotch. 

He'll be missed obviously and he lived a rich, full life compared to most Kennedys, but he's the polar opposite of me on the political spectrum.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Snipzor

He will be missed by those who aren't complete twats. 

Also, I'm sorry for what is below.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wefwefasdf
@Ahmad_Metallic:
You just have to be slightly involved in politics or have knowledge of it...
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By halberdierv2

RIP Ted...

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ryanwho

Ted did more for the US than any other single political figure in the last half century. Maybe that was spawned from his guilt over the accident which cost him his electoral bid, but ultimately he made the world a better place and its weird to think he probably would have done less good for the world had he not killed someone in a car crash.

CapcomOverdose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CapcomOverdose

Finally.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ryanwho
@CapcomOverdose said:
" Pay attention to me I'm young and require attention. "
Hey there lil guy.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MetalGearSunny
RIP, sir.

@DirrtyNinja said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
That made me lol.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rowr
@MrKlorox said:
" @Rowr: Then what makes you think what you had to say applied to this person? Nobody's saying he was perfect, but the things he tried to do for this country outweighs the thing he didn't try to do. "
In response to this.

@Termite said:
" @MB said:

" Whenever I think of Ted Kennedy, I think of Mary Jo Kopechne and that he was probably drunk as a skunk when his car plunged into the river...and how she probably struggled to get free and drowned to death while Kennedy saved himself and swam to shore, only to then wait until the following day when the car and her body were discovered before calling the police.   Coward. "

Sigh, there's always one.   Just because he did questionable things in the past doesn't mean you have to insult him after his death. That's disrespectful and mean-spirited.  Also, R.I.P. Ted Kennedy. "
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MeierTheRed

Didn't know the dude had to wiki his name, not ignorant, just not American. May he rest in peace.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MB said:
this
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mikemcn

Too bad, he spent wayyyy too much time in Congress though, must have been hard on him. He started in 1962 after all.
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Supermarius
how many deaths was bush responsible for with the way he launched an unnecessary war in iraq based on intelligence that proved false. Probably alot more that one. And those weren't entirely accidental. Do you go out of your way to say that he is a terrible person beyond redemption no matter what he does? Ted did all he could to make up for his profound error in judgement. I guess its a good thing that he doesnt need your or any man's approval in death. How about we show a modicum of decency towards people who have died. Maybe for a few days. Calling out a person for something terrible that happened in thier lives, to essentially insist that they should not be remembered in death seems to be another manifestation of "internet tough guy" syndrome. When you accomplish as much in your life as Ted Kennedy, then maybe ill care about your judgment on another human being's life.

National politics are about to get alot crappier because of this. Let's not contribute to making it worse. Ted's death removes the democratic vote majority in the senate. His successor needs to be elected, not appointed. That means that there will be a special election. Both parties will run a candidate an considering that control of the senate is up for grabs, im pretty sure that the election will get heated. Namecalling, yelling, mudsling, the works. Maybe a big fat recount at the end too. Also since Ted was strongly in support of healthcare reform 

it is natural that as a memoriam, people will start saying that healthcare reform should be passed in his honor. That will make republicans angrily say that Democrats are trying to use a person's death for political advantage. Nancy Pelosi has already put out an email to the press that will stoke those fire. What im saying is that American politics is about to get even crazier again. So lets be civil for at least a day and think about the stuff that this American senator and patriot tried to do in his life instead of immediately turning to character attacks. All 3 Kennedy brothers are gone now. Its the end of an era of american politics. 

here's a speech excerpt from the eulogy ted kennedy gave for his brother bobby. He was a great speaker. This clip really chokes me up. Especially with the shot of the 3 brothers at the end.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By breadfan
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @EdIsCool said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" who's that ? "
quoted for disgusting perfectionism..  i dunno who he is, people dont know famous people sometimes
He was one of the most important and influential figures in politics who made great strides for worker's rights as well as health care.  It is very sad that he has died, as he was the Senator of my state of Massachusetts.  At least now he is with his brothers
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ververdan0226
@Br3adfan said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @EdIsCool said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" who's that ? "
quoted for disgusting perfectionism..  i dunno who he is, people dont know famous people sometimes
He was one of the most important and influential figures in politics who made great strides for worker's rights as well as health care.  It is very sad that he has died, as he was the Senator of my state of Massachusetts.  At least now he is with his brothers "
Agreed.  It's OK that you didn't know him I guess, but he was my state Senator. And generally a really great man. May he rest in peace.

EDIT: But I mean, really? He's one of the most famous Senators of all time?
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Icil
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @EdIsCool said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" who's that ? "
quoted for disgusting perfectionism..  i dunno who he is, people dont know famous people sometimes, and i chose to ask that question instead of wiki-ing the guy... im a human being, we're all flawed and ignorant and got our stupid mistakes and shortcomings ....  i dont mind having occasional ignorance, spelling wrong or being inacurate cuz last time i checked, those things were natural human qualities, and those who bitched about them were called perfectionist nerds.. you and all the people-should-be-perfect-on-the-net people can eat my ass hair "
I agree. I'll quote and politely say that he's a senator, brother to John F.

As for the incident of the woman: I'd rather think about how many lives he's saved through his votes.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mikemcn
@Supermarius said:
" how many deaths was bush responsible for with the way he launched an unnecessary war in iraq based on intelligence that proved false. Probably alot more that one. And those weren't entirely accidental. Do you go out of your way to say that he is a terrible person beyond redemption no matter what he does? Ted did all he could to make up for his profound error in judgement. I guess its a good thing that he doesnt need your or any man's approval in death. How about we show a modicum of decency towards people who have died. Maybe for a few days. Calling out a person for something terrible that happened in thier lives, to essentially insist that they should not be remembered in death seems to be another manifestation of "internet tough guy" syndrome. When you accomplish as much in your life as Ted Kennedy, then maybe ill care about your judgment on another human being's life.

National politics are about to get alot crappier because of this. Let's not contribute to making it worse. Ted's death removes the democratic vote majority in the senate. His successor needs to be elected, not appointed. That means that there will be a special election. Both parties will run a candidate an considering that control of the senate is up for grabs, im pretty sure that the election will get heated. Namecalling, yelling, mudsling, the works. Maybe a big fat recount at the end too. Also since Ted was strongly in support of healthcare reform 

it is natural that as a memoriam, people will start saying that healthcare reform should be passed in his honor. That will make republicans angrily say that Democrats are trying to use a person's death for political advantage. Nancy Pelosi has already put out an email to the press that will stoke those fire. What im saying is that American politics is about to get even crazier again. So lets be civil for at least a day and think about the stuff that this American senator and patriot tried to do in his life instead of immediately turning to character attacks. All 3 Kennedy brothers are gone now. Its the end of an era of american politics. 

here's a speech excerpt from the eulogy ted kennedy gave for his brother bobby. He was a great speaker. This clip really chokes me up. Especially with the shot of the 3 brothers at the end.

"

If you want a platform for spreading your opinion, i hear there are websites devoted ENTIRELY to whatever you just said, maybe you should check them out rather then saying it on a VIDEO GAME WEBSITE, for the love of god man.......
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By breadfan
@Supermarius Way to use Kennedy's death as an excuse to bash Bush
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By baconbits33
Screw Ted Kennedy I hope that man is burning in hell, he basically murdered some poor girl, and you all are feeling sorry for him? Man I'm glad he died in a very painful way, in my opinion it was too good for him. Not to mention he was too much of a coward to fight in the Korean War so he had his daddy keep him safe. Then two days ago the bastard tells the Governor of Massachusetts to change the law so that his seat will be filled by someone who is personally close to him. Fuck him, I'm from Boston and I hate that son of a bitch. The Kennedy's are the most corrupt family in the US.