Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@Demoskinos said:

So basically theres zero reason to go to screened then.

Uh, yeah. Unless, of course, the new guys they bring in are any good. I'm sure our staunch predisposition towards Matt and Alex will kill any hope of that though.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By SSully

Screened was literally the only movie site that I went to. Rorie wrote an outstanding amount of content, as did Alex. The video features that Rorie and Joey put out were ALWAYS top notch, and the news never felt unnecessary. I will definitely follow Rorie where ever he goes next, I just dont know where I will get my movie news now.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Grillbar

at least he can take comfort in knowing and thousand and people will continue to stalk him just like before

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#55  Edited By Kidavenger

@iAmJohn said:

I feel like the writing was on the wall based on the fact that Rorie's done absolutely nothing since BermanBraun took over and Screened has been left to languish.

He's written a tonne of articles up to last Friday.

The scary thing here is that they must have let him go; I can't imagine he would have just quit unless he already had another job which doesn't appear to be the case; and if they did let him go, seems like a real bad move on BBs part.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Milkman said:

The fact that I amassed over 200,000 wiki points on Screened makes me kind of sick to my stomach now. What a waste. Hope Rorie lands on his feet and hope whatever is planned for Screened fails.

I think I saw your post get modded.

What did you say?

Did you just tell bermanbraun to fuck off? You can PM if you want.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By RVonE

@DeF said:

I already miss the Whiskey Media "family" thing ... something like this just didn't exist anywhere else. :/

Yeah, while they weren't all winners, the Whiskey Media Happy Hour sure did feel like something special, that's for sure.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Sooty

It's lame as fuck that Rorie got 'left out'. Give him Patrick's place, he's far more entertaining and witty.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Kidavenger said:

@iAmJohn said:

I feel like the writing was on the wall based on the fact that Rorie's done absolutely nothing since BermanBraun took over and Screened has been left to languish.

He's written a tonne of articles up to last Friday.

The scary thing here is that they must have let him go; I can't imagine he would have just quit unless he already had another job which doesn't appear to be the case; and if they did let him go, seems like a real bad move on BBs part.

I think he was out of a job the moment BermanBraun bought the sites.

Because on his Tumblr he wrote those post on March 15th and 14th.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Milkman

@Doctorchimp said:

@Milkman said:

The fact that I amassed over 200,000 wiki points on Screened makes me kind of sick to my stomach now. What a waste. Hope Rorie lands on his feet and hope whatever is planned for Screened fails.

What did you say?

Yeah, it was a simple "Fuck off." Didn't realize it got modded. Whatevs.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SSully

@Sooty said:

It's lame as fuck that Rorie got 'left out'. Give him Patrick's place, he's far more entertaining and witty.

Hey great idea, lets insult GB staff members in a thread about the loss of a great website and writer. Pretty uncalled for.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By CL60

Rorie got screwed.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Milkman: Yeah I'm pretty sure if something happened to your account over there it wouldn't matter now.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Kidavenger

@Doctorchimp: Likely they gave him 2 weeks notice back on the 15th and they probably didn't have to give Alex any notice if he was freelance/subcontractor at that point.

The dates on that blog may be wrong, he said he was going to update it daily and hadn't posted since the 15th, that doesn't make any sense either.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Sooty

@SSully said:

@Sooty said:

Hey great idea, lets insult GB staff members in a thread about the loss of a great website and writer. Pretty uncalled for.

Would hardly call that an insult.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By IndeedCodyBrown

GB needs Rorie.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By Animasta

@SSully said:

@Sooty said:

seriously; I may like Rorie more than Patrick (though I like rorie more than Brad and Jeff so whatever) that was kind of uncalled for

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Kidavenger said:

@Doctorchimp: Likely they gave him 2 weeks notice back on the 15th and they probably didn't have to give Alex any notice if he was freelance/subcontractor at that point.

The dates on that blog may be wrong, he said he was going to update it daily and hadn't posted since the 15th, that doesn't make any sense either.

Well if he wrote them on the 15th, then continued working on Screened and now just today he said he'll update it regularly.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Sooty

@Animasta said:

@SSully said:

@Sooty said:

seriously; I may like Rorie more than Patrick (though I like rorie more than Brad and Jeff so whatever) that was kind of uncalled for

I like Vinny more than the rest of them, should they all feel insulted and cry?

IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By IndeedCodyBrown

Patrick is awesome. Ryan is awesome. Jeff is awesome. Vinny is awesome. Brad is okay.... Just kidding, he's awesome as well. Dave and Drew are also awesome. If we get Rorie that just adds more awesome.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By falling_fast

saw this coming.

hope Rorie finds a nice new job, soon.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By Julmust

Rorie, my man.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By joshthebear

Man that sucks. Rorie deserved better.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By iamjohn

@Milkman said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@Milkman said:

What did you say?

Yeah, it was a simple "Fuck off." Didn't realize it got modded. Whatevs.

If it's any consolation, my "Get lost." got as well.

I'm calling you out here, dude: I get you're doing your job and trying not to let the site go to hell, but come on. Why the fuck should we be forced to be positive about the BermanBraun thing and not call them on the fact that, once again, they've basically spent the past two weeks giving us no indicators of how the site is doing and now the entire editorial staff has been shown the door?

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By UnrealDP

It's a total bummer and everyone's going to miss him, but I still hope the site stays at least half as awesome as it was before. Reading some of the posts in here is kind of a bummer, guys. There's some big shoes to fill, but that doesn't mean we have to outright dismiss the site for christ's sake... It'll hopefully be fine, so why don't we stop the pissy nay-saying until we know for a fact the site "useless".

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Masha2932

I always liked Rorie's positive demeanour when he was on the Giant Bomb videos. Hopefully he finds his footing soon.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TentPole

@SSully said:

@Sooty said:

It was less an insult and more a light jab. If you want to get on someone's case for ribbing Patrick there are many people more deserving of your ire.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Bocam

@iAmJohn: Individual posts can be modded now? That's pretty fucked up.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79  Edited By dichemstys

Has AnimeVice been sold yet?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By alternate

Seems a little partisan to assume he got the shaft. He says he is choosing to leave, BB says he chose to leave. Sure they could have offered him a better severance for doing so but there are many other posibilities. Perhaps they are moving to LA, which makes sense for an entertainment site and it is where BB does business.. Perhaps he wad offered a new position but jnr to new editors and he didn't fancy the demotion on what was essentially his site. Who knows. Either way Good Luck to him in the future.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RVonE

It seems like he got the short end of the stick in this whole Whiskey ordeal. I wish GB could just pick that guy up. He deserves a good home.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Kidavenger

@birdflu777 said:

It's funny, I would have thought animevice would have been the first site gutted and it's the only one that has gone on completely business as usual.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Bocam

@birdflu777: Nope still going "strong".

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By Animasta

@Kidavenger said:

@birdflu777 said:

It's funny, I would have thought animevice would have been the first site gutted and it's the only one that has gone on completely business as usual.

actually I'm pretty sure Tim Pinchuk lives in LA anyway

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By End_Boss

As other people have mentioned, having Rorie as a guest on the Bombcast would be cool. I'd like to at least know what's next for the guy, even if whatever that is is completely unrelated to Giant Bomb.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By iamjohn

@Bocam said:

@iAmJohn: Individual posts can be modded now? That's pretty fucked up.

To be fair, I just got a sarcastic but stern warning and my post is still there. post got completely blanked because, yes, they do have the power to mod posts. Actually, as far as I know, they always have, and they used to use it a lot on Delete-Combine.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Nux

I wish him the best of luck and hope everything works out well for him, as for screened, I now see no reason to go there anymore. Sure I'll pop in every once in a while to see what's new there but I won't be renewing my sub for it or whatever it is they are doing with payed memberships over there.

IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By IndeedCodyBrown

It kinda rad that everyone here is waiting with open arms for Rorie. CBS make it happen!

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#89  Edited By B0nd07

@Kidavenger said:

@birdflu777 said:

That's because it was already gutted a few years ago, when the original staff got the shaft. It's been primarily community run ever since.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#90  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@alternate said:

Seems a little partisan to assume he got the shaft. He says he is choosing to leave, BB says he chose to leave. Sure they could have offered him a better severance for doing so but there are many other posibilities. Perhaps they are moving to LA, which makes sense for an entertainment site and it is where BB does business.. Perhaps he wad offered a new position but jnr to new editors and he didn't fancy the demotion on what was essentially his site. Who knows. Either way Good Luck to him in the future.

I think it's more the fact that Giantbomb, Comic Vine and Tested got bought up, where as Screened was just left aside, with no one really caring. He wasn't asked to leave, but it's very obvious why he chose to.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By napalm

What did we expect? The websites basically got the shaft.

Giant Bomb and Comic Vine went to CBSi, and now Screened and Tested went to BermanBraun. I mean, they essentially broke the glue, as the reason why Alex and Matt started up Screened was because they got to work with their old co-workers on the other Whiskey Media sites, plus given the fact that Matt has basically been on his own ever since last year at Screened, it's kind of hard to continue caring and putting out awesome content when you're literally like, the only guy running the website, you know? He's done such a good job of keeping up with that, but I assume at some point, no longer even working with any of the people you originally signed on for, with, it can be hard to push on.

I feel bad for Rorie, honestly, but not having a dedicated team to running the site can show how one can burn out.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Barrock

When did Mods start editing posts? We can't say "Fuck BermenBraun" now?

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Toxin066

I am speechless. Screened is dead.

Matt Rorie is a good man and an inspiration. He's helped shape my taste in movies and in video games. I wish him the absolute best.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Ben_H

Please go to GB. Please please please please please please please please please please please.

I read Screened regularly even though I didn't post much. I'll keep an eye on it but without Rorie there's no reason for me to go there.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#95  Edited By Atlas

Well, guess I can delete that webpage from my favourites bar...

Really hope Rorie lands somewhere awesome, because that's exactly what he deserves. There is only one Matthew Rorie.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Portis

Sad, but not shocking. I wonder where Screened goes from here? I know they probably have some free lancers, but surely they cannot run the site. Also, I just looked at his wiki page. He was 27 when he learned how to drive? Crazy.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By adoggz

Maybe this is a good thing. Now Rorie can find his dream job of being a puppy editor on some site about puppies.

@Kidavenger said:

@birdflu777 said:

I dont think bermanbrawn even knows it owns anime vice.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By NekuCTR

Everyone at Whiskey Media is, and always will be a family. this is what life as an internet editor is like. Giant Bomb, and Tested are going on to do amazing things. It is unfortunate that Screened is getting the shaft, but if I was Rorie I would be stoked. He got to spend 3 years hanging out in a basement with some awesome individuals, doing some of the most stupid shit that has ever been done on the planet Earth. If anything he should think of the past three years as a vacation.(of course I would assume that someone who used to write strategies guides would see anything as a vacation.) He is a great, and intelligent dude, and shouldn't have any trouble finding his way after this.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#99  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@iAmJohn: Called me out on a separate site? I only edited his post because it got flagged and was a disrespectful tone. Your post was never edited and I only asked you to be nice. You can dissent and disagree all you want. Only saying "get lost" or "fuck off" isn't furthering a discussion, a debate, or any thoughts you have on the subject.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Grimluck343

This whole thing fucking sucks. So BB basically just bought a bunch of domains.