RRR- If you only watch one film this year, make it this

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey duders,

So...yeah. There's this film that came out this year called RRR. It's an Indian ....I'm remiss to call it a "Superhero" movie, but it kinda is. It's two heroes that are fighting oppression in what I think is Occupied India.

Whatever, the story, while being excellent, is the least impressive part. The CGI and Action in this film are absolutely something else. I think it's like the third most expensive film in Indian cinema history, and God does it show.

It never slows down, not even for a minute. It's just incredible action scene one after another, coupled with this John Woo esque bromance, coupled with the Matrix, with the most amazing dance scene which is an obvious homage to Bollywood

If like me, you're already poo-pooing it for being Indian and thinking "It's just some other mental Bollywood flick"- then stop now

If you like action cinema in the slightest, you owe it to yourself to check out RRR. It's on Netflix now, and I'm already planning to watch it again next weekend

See here for a little hint of what's to come.

If you have seen it, sound off!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I only got up to the Naacho Naacho part before I had to go to bed, but I need to go back to it!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

I only got up to the Naacho Naacho part before I had to go to bed, but I need to go back to it!

I'm telling you man, it has such a pay off. I think it's a film you'd love.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The fact that it's impossible to legally watch this movie in Finland has been making me stew for months. I'm still hoping it'll come to Netflix or something, but hasn't happened.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thatpinguino  Staff

RRR and Everything, Everywhere, All At Once are making a strong case for 2022 being the best year for action movies in decades.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I've been meaning to check this out. This will be a good counterpart the course on the British occupation that I'm currently taking.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retris said:

The fact that it's impossible to legally watch this movie in Finland has been making me stew for months. I'm still hoping it'll come to Netflix or something, but hasn't happened.

Is it possible for you to VPN into a different region for Netflix? Is that an option?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched this not too long ago. Consumed a bottle of wine (and maybe a beer) throughout, which I think was a good addition :D

The film was spectacular, and the singing/dancing sections which I thought would be the toughest parts for me to get through were so well produced and over the top bombastic that it really wasn't a struggle at all.

The action is fucking ridiculous. Like balls to the wall stupid. Just needlessly dramatic in every way. I was guffawing openly through a lot of these scenes. Fantastic stuff.

My only gripe with the movie is it was too long for my tastes. It dragged for significant portions in the second half. This is most likely a me problem , and I am guessing this style of film is generally very long and there may be cultural reasons for this that are lost on me. But boy did it go on. I actually ended up doing the skip forward ten seconds thing quite a bit.

All in all though, very entertaining and I was happy to watch something in a style I would never usually engage with.

And fantastic end credits. I don't know who all the faces were they had up on the screen , that was really bizarre to me. I assume they were people of historical significance? NEver seen that kind of tribute before at the end of a movie.

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's amazing. Pure and simple.

From now on when someone talks about a great action star, I'm just going to say, "But do they natu?"

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately i don't have Netflix so i cannot.

This era of movie exclusivity is really something.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thatpinguino  Staff

@splodge: The end credits were calling out regions of India and basically saying "The Revolution lives in you too." It was to pull forward the themes of the movie into the modern day.