Samsung has a 'Slidable' PC Screen Stretches From 13 to 17 Inches and Back

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

We all knew stuff like this was coming, as soon as they showed off flexible screens they were showing demos of various 'roll-out' screens. But, ist is nice to see them coming.

The screen looks tight too, I mean very flat without wrinkles, which I think is the least people expect. Tablets and laptop screen seem like natural next steps, and hopefully less expensive than that 65-inch LG’s UHDTV w/ rollable screen that the company unveiled at CES 2018.

Hopefully, the for foldable and rollable screen that hits the market the sooner we all get a cheap folding/rolling/spindling smartphone. Its might sound stupid, but I think teh best design for a folding phone is one where the screen is like a cartridge that you can replace when you screw it up. Why make the screen hard to take out when it the thing that breaks the most -- just make the screen pop-out and SELL people replacements. For normal non-folding phone having the screen just pop off would be great! Seems like a business opportunity to make the replacement system easier.

A FULL STORY AT CNET:
https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/intel-samsung-debut-slidable-pc-with-extendable-screen/