Screened.com Videos and Podcast

Fancyusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hopefully this doesn't count as youtube spam.
Right before Screened.com got shut down I managed to download all the videos (except for the few premium ones) and almost all of the podcast episodes, and I've been putting them all up on youtube for a couple of months now. I was gonna wait and make a forum topic about this after I had uploaded everything, but seeing as how my channel could potentially be shut down if a couple of copyright disputes don't go my way, I decided to hurry up and tell you all about it now.

Here's a link to a bunch of playlists for all the video features and the few podcast episodes that I have up so far
https://www.youtube.com/user/untitledproductions1/playlists?shelf_id=12&view=50&sort=dd

Three of the videos are just a minute long and have a vimeo link in the description, most of the videos unfortunately have ads on them due to copyright matches and a couple are blocked in certain countries (biggest of which is France).
I thought it best if I share this with you guys and gals who were fans of the site like I was, and also with the people who never got the chance to check this stuff out.

alantastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for bringing this content to my attention! How many podcasts did they make, and is there anywhere I could download the mp3s? If it's just the 3 you've uploaded, then I can just download and convert those to mp3s

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Good job! I enjoyed a lot of Screened's content.

Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Was thinking about Screened the other day; this is pretty awesome! I was hoping the videos hadn't been lost.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@super_alan: They had way more than 3. Unfortunately that site is gone, and the OP would have to upload them somewhere. I know from experience, unless you pay (or run a server) it's generally easier to just put stuff up on youtube (I think stuff like even soundcloud has a length limit if you don't pay for their subscription or whatever). Even then you have to deal with lame copyright claims even though what Screened did is fair use.

@fancyusername: Thanks! This is awesome. We've discussed on the forums before how to get these so this solves that I guess. It's a shame none of their movie watching live streams seem to exist anymore, though. =)

Fancyusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fancyusername

@super_alan: The podcast had over 90 episodes if memory serves me right, of which I have 88. As far as getting the podcast from anywhere else goes, I checked out the first couple of pages of google results and all I could find were broken links.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7 rmanthorp  Moderator

Hell naw this isn't YT spam! Thanks for doing this. I can't wait to go back.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@fancyusername: Just FYI you can expect a ton of copyright strikes that will probably make it difficult to keep this stuff up. But good effort!

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are a Saint! xxx

Fancyusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: I wasn't able to get to the twitch archives of those videos before their channel got set to private.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

Yess, thank you some jerk. I've wanted to rewatch Alex's How High feature for the longest time.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I was only able to grab a handful of videos and none of the podcast, I'm glad someone did.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Fucking aye dude, thanks! I miss @rorie content!

Fancyusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Getting rid of copyright strikes through youtube's dispute system has been surprisingly easy enough so far. I've only run into some real issues more recently when dealing with anything 20th century fox related. They have yet to respond to some of my appeals and if they decide to reinstate the strikes then the channel might just get shut down.
By the way, I can't thank you, Alex and Joey enough for giving me that initial spark that made me fall in love with movies. I'm going to be enrolling in film school this year and it's thanks to you guys that I came to view movies as something that I want to study, understand and be involved in the making of, instead of just pictures accompanied by sounds that are made to entertain me.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just need that Twilight overview one in my life again. But good work!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mirado

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who grabbed the majority of Screened's video content. If anyone is interested, I can put together a torrent of what I have, which is most of what the site had on offer, in as high of quality as was offered, in case you don't feel like pulling it from Youtube one by one.

Warning: it's nearly 60GB.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, thanks for that. Now I can watch the bit in Constantine where Shia LeBeouf gets killed again while Rorie agrees with my view that it wasn't really a bad film, though I suspect that the less knowledge of the source material you have the higher the chance you'll like it.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping someone would do that.

Loading Video...
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Screened stuff was some of the best stuff to ever come out of Whiskey.

Unfortunately, movie studios hate movie clips roaming about. Which is a shame, because Joey did some incredible work on the production end. Not to mention Rorie and Alex KILLING it week after week.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By forkboy

Watched a few of the Besties clips and now all I can think is "fuck, I really miss Screened because that shit was on point". There's a bit in the Up video where Rorie mentions that probably most Pixar films would end up inducted into the Hall of Besties and I wanted to break down into tears. OK, well, not quite, but it was, as the kids say, totes emosh

(Wait, that might not be the kids, that could be my main replacement for Screened as far as film critics go, Mark Kermode)

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By hassun

If YouTube is too much of a problem I'm sure there are other less-regulated video hosting sites where you can offload this stuff. This content deserves to be preserved and accessible to the masses.

Thank you for your hard work. Subscribed!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Anyone know if any of those screened episodes on justin.tv of Rorie, Alex and whiskey media folks just chilling on a couch and watching a flick were archived anywhere? I've assumed for months since justin.tv shut down shop that they were also lost as well.

Edit: Oh nice some of the episodes are there.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You did Gods work my friend. Bravo

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow, that's pretty sweet. I actually think about Screened every now and then. Good job.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just rewatched Mulholland drive with people who were watching for the first time and afterwards found myself wanting to show them Rorie's analysis of the movie because that shit was on point

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So since it's coming up, does anybody happen to have a copy of "July 4th On The Bay"? I was able to confirm what it was called via the Wayback Machine from 2011, but of course it won't play from there.

dredavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fancyusername: Hey, are you going to upload more of those hot podcasts? Our civilization requires them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great. Screened was before my time, but I always like here Alex, Rorie, or any of the duder's opinions on movies.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Thanks for uploading these. If anyone has more of the podcasts, let me know.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Old thread, but it's always nice to reminisce about Screened. Rorie, Alex, and Joey put together some of their finest work there.

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a pretty big advocate of dumping long lost podcasts like these on archive.org. If anyone has them, that's totally the place to host them. Throwing them on Youtube is nice, but probably more difficult, and definitely less appropriate.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@berniesbc: Some hero dumped all the old Retronauts stuff on Archive.org and it's great.

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm that hero!!

One-Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Screened. God, I sank an ungodly amount of hours into updating that wiki.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any luck on their Wet Hot American Summer feature?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how does one go about uploading things to Archive.org? I got all the BtSD episodes on my computer and I'm bored and don't want to go out in the snow.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one-eye said:

I miss Screened. God, I sank an ungodly amount of hours into updating that wiki.

Me too! It was a shame they just wiped the whole site out. I still have docs of most of the written stuff but I didn't keep any of the videos. I think Joey might have some of them on a hard drive somewhere, though.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamjohn: on Archive.org, there's an upload button on the top right of the screen, next to the sign in button. Let us know if you get it uploaded! :)

Fancyusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@dredavis: I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few episodes and I didn't think to upload the podcast to archive.org so if anyone is still open to doing that, go for it. Also I have a link in the video description to a channel called Screened Archive, which has some videos that I didn't download at the time and they're at a much higher resolution.

dynamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dynamix

Bless you for saving all this stuff and making it available for others. Screened produced a lot of quality content, I'm really enjoying browsing through it again.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ben_H

You guys are heroes. I was just thinking of Screened the other day. It's been too long since I've seen Alex Navarro suffer through the Twilight movies.

edit: Drinking and watching Twilight is the original Films and 40s.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By habster3

I remember being really surprised when I tried to visit their website and found nothing about 2-3 years ago. I didn't post there a ton, but it wasn't a bad place to visit from time to time. Glad some of their content's still around elsewhere.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one-eye: I made a list of every movie I saw and at the last count it was over 2000. I had so many entries that I broke the list system for that list. XD