Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#301  Edited By zeforgotten
@Nottle said:

@Ramone said:

@Nottle said:

@Ramone: Thats probably not what most people, even people that like guns, are thinking. People that don't want stricter laws don't want stuff like this to happen. They want guns for protection and they also want guns to be in the hands of those that know how to use one responsibly. They want the people operating the guns to be knowledgeable.

@JasonR86: Oh yeah. Forgot about that part.

They want guns in schools. They may not want what I said to happen but it's the only logical conclusion.

Or logically if everyone has a gun, and there is 1 crazy person, the crazy person is killed instantly.

And bullets penetrating the crazy person and hitting innocents around him.  

Shit's fucked up. 
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By MrKlorox

It's sad how people only get adamant about "the US gun culture" when shit goes down in a white or affluent region. FYI, it's not rednecks who are responsible for most of the country's gun violence; it's the gangstas and thugs.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Icemo

@jakob187 said:

Reports are saying that the Facebook profile of Ryan Lanza is in fact the shooter, and that the posts that were being made as well as the deletion of the profile were by Lanza's younger brother, who is now in custody.

Links to the reports, please?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@jking47 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@jking47 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@TheRealJpoe said:

There is a video on his Facebook of him & a friend playing GTA4. Get ready for Video Games to be blamed!

Man that sucks for this guy but you would have to be stupid to think video games aren't a factor, vunerable people with psychotic problems shooting people in the face in games from an early age has to do something. Kid's playing Call of Duty with levels like "No Russian" with some very realistic graphics, when I was a kid you didn't have the realism you have to today in games.

Don't be dense, realistic graphics do not make something real. When you are carrying a controller it is a pretty obvious that the things happening on screen are not real. Don't try to place the blame on video games, or for that matter any type of media.

My grandad's handicapped brother jumped out a 3rd story window thinking he could fly like superman. Don't be dense that people with mental problems aren't influenced by media. You would have to be stupid to think that playing games with levels like "No Russian" from a young age would not have an effect on your mental development.

I am sorry about your grandpa's brother, but that is kinda my point, its not the media it is the mental health issues. If it wasn't superman it could just as easily been a bird.

Alright I will agree with you there, playing that kind of things at a VERY young age may have some effects, but that is the fault of the parents for giving a young child a game like call of duty in the first place. If they are going to be playing games where you shoot people they should be of an age to where they realize the difference between that and real life.

Exactly, if the parents don't know there kids are playing R rated games, they are bad parents. I was just bringing up the point that it's ridiculous violent games have NOTHING to do with any of this. My granddads brother was a kid when it happened so I never knew him, I was just bringing up a point.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@MrKlorox said:

It's sad how people only get adamant about "the US gun culture" when shit goes down in a white or affluent region. FYI, it's not rednecks who are responsible for most of the country's gun violence; it's the gangstas and thugs.

Atleast 266 people were shot every day in 2007, it is sad it takes a massacre to get people talking for a few days.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#306  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Icemo said:

@jakob187 said:

Reports are saying that the Facebook profile of Ryan Lanza is in fact the shooter, and that the posts that were being made as well as the deletion of the profile were by Lanza's younger brother, who is now in custody.

[Updated at 3:22 p.m. ET] It appears that another member of the alleged shooter's family is dead. A senior law enforcement official familiar with the investigation says a brother of the alleged shooter was found dead in a home searched in Hoboken, New Jersey. We already knew Ryan Lanza's mother was found dead in the elementary school.

Hm.

- CNN

Meanwhile, Ryan Lanza's everywhere are loving this day.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By jking47

@Bourbon_Warrior: Alright I don't know if we are even on different sides of this issue. Too much emotion around at the moment, I may have reacted rashly. I just get defensive when something about media being to blame is brought up, censorship is never the answer.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#308  Edited By Ben_H

Children...

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By Cold_Wolven

This is just a crying shame that no matter how much massacre is caused by firearms nothing in the American laws will be changed to prevent weapons sold to civilians.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#310  Edited By C0V3RT

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but my thoughts and prayers go out to all the children and families impacted. I'm absolutely heartbroken thinking what those poor children went through. I don't have kids and I can't even imagine what their parents are going through. This is awful...

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#311  Edited By Matterless

RT TheMatthewKeys: WCBS-TV: Some children found hiding in closets moments ago at Connecticut school in Newtown

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I totally agree that gun laws need to be changed, but using kids that have only been dead for a few hours as a catalyst for a political jerk off session is disgusting.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#313  Edited By Vonocourt

This is fucked.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Nottle

@ZeForgotten said:

@Nottle said:

@Ramone said:

@Nottle said:

@Ramone: Thats probably not what most people, even people that like guns, are thinking. People that don't want stricter laws don't want stuff like this to happen. They want guns for protection and they also want guns to be in the hands of those that know how to use one responsibly. They want the people operating the guns to be knowledgeable.

They want guns in schools. They may not want what I said to happen but it's the only logical conclusion.

Or logically if everyone has a gun, and there is 1 crazy person, the crazy person is killed instantly.

And bullets penetrating the crazy person and hitting innocents around him. Shit's fucked up.

Yeah, that's probably why everyone shouldn't carry a gun.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By PolygonSlayer

fuck this has been a depressing day :(( people getting laid off work today, one of them had their grandad die as well today, and now got home and read about this... man, today fucking sucks!! My heart goes out to everyone affected!! :(

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#316  Edited By Renahzor

@jking47: There are many studies linking aggression, violent behavior, antisocial behavior, etc to playing violent video games well into teenage years. Of course we could move away from blaming things, and start blaming the people who commit these horrendous acts, but this thread wouldn't get to 20 pages without a little good old fashioned gun control argument. Ban it all, then we'll be safe, right?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By zeforgotten
@PeasantAbuse said:

I totally agree that gun laws need to be changed, but using kids that have only been dead for a few hours as a catalyst for a political jerk off session is disgusting.

It's either that or it's gonna be forgotten by almost everyone(even here) in the next 30 minutes and never talked about again. 
Untill the next school-shooting happens and more kids are killed because "shut up! that's why!"
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This was Obama talking about it:

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Icemo

@ZeForgotten said:

@Nottle said:

@Ramone said:

@Nottle said:

And bullets penetrating the crazy person and hitting innocents around him. Shit's fucked up.

Yep. Person A shoots someone and then person B shoots A to stop him. Person C sees that person B shot A and then shoots person B because he thought that B is a maniac. Then person D shoots C...

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By jking47

What is everyones opinions on Switzerland's gun laws if they believe that gun laws are to blame here?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#321  Edited By MocBucket62

Coming from someone who is not only from Connecticut, but lives in a town that literally is two towns away from where the SHES shooting took place, I want to say that it is horrifying to know that even the most gruesome of crimes can take place in the most quiet towns of America and can be close to where people like myself live in. My prayers go out to anyone effected by this horrible crime. What man would be this insane to kill 20 innocent children and 6 adults? This is a depressing time to live in Connecticut.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#322  Edited By jakob187

@Icemo said:

@jakob187 said:

Like most of any reports coming out right now, they got taken down. Hell, when Lanza's picture came out and then people were saying it wasn't him, Gawker took their story with the picture down.

Honestly, I'm at the point that I just don't know what's true or not right now.

As it stands, I've just had Drudge up all day checking to see what gets posted there.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Itwastuesday

man, killing's some wack shit

why the fuck do people need firearms

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Nottle

@Icemo said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Nottle said:

@Ramone said:

@Nottle said:

Yep. Person A shoots someone and then person B shoots A to stop him. Person C sees that person B shot A and then shoots person B because he thought that B is a maniac. Then person D shoots C...

Ha, now your just assuming everyone is crazy.

Wallzii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Wallzii
@jking47

@Ramone said:

@Nottle said:

The problem with that train of thought, is that at the moment there were no guns in that school. While I am not sure which side of the issue I fall on, having no guns in the school clearly did not stop this from happening.

And having guns in a school would have prevented someone with severe mental instability from planning and carrying out the actions that took place today? Are you fucking serious?

Problems are best eliminated by providing a solution to their source, not by putting a bandage on a ring several links down the chain. Access to weapons, regardless of their ease of access or legality, did not plant the seed that grew into this tragedy. Gun control is not the real issue here, and the media and general public focusing on that with such nearsightedness only lends to a dilution of what can potentially be done to rectify these social issues at the root.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#326  Edited By jakob187

CAN YOU PEOPLE QUIT THE GUN DEBATE?!
THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE FOR IT...AND IT'S NOT RIGHT NOW!
GIVE IT A REST FOR A DAY!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#327  Edited By Phatmac

Now Adam Lanza is the killer? Ryan is in custody? The fuck is going on?

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By bigsmoke77

@jakob187: THERE IS A GUN MURDER EVERYDAY IN USA, DOES THAT MEAN THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE CAN NEVER DISCUSS GUN LAWS?

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@jakob187 said:

Yeah because people seem to debate it when 266 people get shot each day in America...

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By jking47

@Wallzii said:

@jking47

@Ramone said:

@Nottle said:

The problem with that train of thought, is that at the moment there were no guns in that school. While I am not sure which side of the issue I fall on, having no guns in the school clearly did not stop this from happening.

And having guns in a school would have prevented someone with severe mental instability from planning and carrying out the actions that took place today? Are you fucking serious? Problems are best eliminated by providing a solution to their source, not by putting a bandage on a ring several links down the chain. Access to weapons, regardless of their ease of access or legality, did not plant the seed that grew into this tragedy. Gun control is not the real issue here, and the media and general public focusing on that with such nearsightedness only lends to a dilution of what can potentially be done to rectify these social issues at the root.

I did not say that, I am just saying that RIGHT NOW there was no guns in the school and that obviously did not stop this from happening. I am not even sure where I stand on the issue, not something I think about often, don't think that I am some kind of gun advocate or anything. Personally I don't even want a gun, having something that can easily kill people or myself is not something I am interested in.

I agree with you, problems need to be eliminated at the source, which was the mental health issues of the guy. Identifying and treating mental health in children and teens seems more important to me than the gun laws, you can get guns illegally.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Itwastuesday

@jakob187 said:

I can't tell if this is a sarcastic post or not

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By zeforgotten
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@jakob187 said:

Yeah because people seem to debate it when 266 people get shot each day in America...

Don't even bother
SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Phatmac said:

Who is reporting this?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#334  Edited By Milkman

@jakob187: If you don't talk about it now, it never gets talked about. People will forget about this by tomorrow.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Phatmac said:

Ryan's in custody? But CNN said that Ryan's brother (who I guess is called Adam) was found dead.

Fox News is apparently reporting that the true killer was Adam Lanza, Ryan Lanza's brother.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus. You leave the internet for half of a day. I feel so bad for the parents. I really do.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#337  Edited By Phatmac
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By zeforgotten
@FluxWaveZ said:

@Phatmac said:

Ryan's in custody? But CNN said that Ryan's brother (who I guess is called Adam) was found dead.

Fox News is apparently reporting that the true killer was Adam Lanza, Ryan Lanza's brother.

So, is everyone with the name Lanza a suspect soon? 
At some point we're gonna run out of Lanza's, right?
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#339  Edited By JasonR86

@Milkman said:

@jakob187: If you don't talk about it now, it never gets talked about. People will forget about this by tomorrow.

Ask someone on the street about Columbine. I bet people know what that means. This won't be forgotten dude.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Nottle

@jakob187: Agreed,

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By Matterless

Senior CT police officer says 18 children dead at school. Two more children dead later at hospital. Six adults killed.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By MrKlorox
@Nottle said:

@Icemo said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Nottle said:

@Ramone said:

@Nottle said:

Ha, now your just assuming everyone is crazy.

It's like a Benny Hill sketch. Humans fall over sequentially like lined up dominos, going up stairs, around city blocks, accidentally signaling the start of a marathon race, knocking a bowling ball loose which finds it way down a fire escape and falls on another guy holding a gun that then fires and continues the Rube Goldberg device-like spree.
Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

People do this sort of thing because they will be immortalized by the public. No one, NO ONE will be remembered by the American public like a mass killer.

These killers are not the most disappointing thing. People have been, are, and always will be rife with insane murderers. That is a fact of life. Unfortunately, we cannot expect anything else.

What is disappointing is the American public cannot be trusted with themselves. One man acts on his murderous impulse, and you reward him by memorizing his name, his face, and his deeds forever. His victims will pass unremembered as you stand in awe of him, and tear at the fabric of your government and society in hysteria over what he has done.

The difference between the 1950s (a time of almost no mass shootings) and now is not the amount of murderers we have, nor the amount of guns we have, nor the concentration of population, nor the ease of murderers acquiring guns. The difference is this thread right here.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Baillie

What do you mean this is not the time to be talking about gun laws? You fucking people are insane if this isn't THE time to be talking about it.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@JasonR86 said:

@Milkman said:

Ask someone on the street about Columbine. I bet people know what that means. This won't be forgotten dude.

He is talking about the gun debate. Not the shooting itself.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By jking47

20 children dead, 6 adults, and the shooter for a grand total of 27. according to the press conference right now.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#347  Edited By JasonR86

The other thing that I think this tragedy is highlighting is that we seem to have no other way to address shootings other then a) increase or decrease the number of guns or b) people who shoot other people are bad/crazy. Does anyone honestly believe this problem is so simple that it can be dumbed down in such a way? Do we honestly think there are only two ways to think about this problem?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#348  Edited By MikkaQ

@Milkman said:

People talk about gun laws all the time, they don't need another tragedy to spark the conversation, that's really morbid.

In a thread like this it's probably not the place to talk about it, it cheapens the incident, turns it into a platform for politics and that's totally gross.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By zeforgotten
@Baillie said:

What do you mean this is not the time to be talking about gun laws? You fucking people are insane if this isn't THE time to be talking about it.

Nono, it's totally not the right time to talk about it. 
We have to wait till at least the next 1000 kids gets killed! that makes perfect sense, think about it! 

Seriously though, some people get off on the most bizarre things and want this to happen more often instead of talking about the problems. 
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@jking47 said:

20 children dead, 6 adults, and the shooter for a grand total of 27.

Yep, that seems to be the final number of reported fatalities... I think. Seems like information's changing by the minute, so I dunno.