• 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for mordukai
#1 Edited by mordukai (8492 posts) -

Seriously. In which universe does a piece of paper gets to win over a chunk of rock? Scissors get Paper, Rock brakes Scissors, makes sense but Paper cover Rock?! Can't the rock just tear though the paper and leave a big fucking hole in the middle? I mean even my 6 year old daughter have brought this issue up to me today and I had no choice but to agree with her.

So I ask you guys. Do you think the whole Paper Vs. Rock thing? Do you think we need to revamp the rules? Maybe replace paper with a sheet of Tungsten or Titanium? but I guess then you have to revamp the whole scissor issue. Maybe replace Scissors with a light saber but then light saber also wins over rock. UGH!

Avatar image for sexytoad
#2 Posted by SexyToad (2939 posts) -

Hmm. We should also revent the rules for hopscotch and 4 ball. Also rock titanium scissors!

Avatar image for sanryd
#3 Posted by Sanryd (1443 posts) -

I'm personally a fan of foot, nuclear bomb, cockroach. Paper can be a thing of the past!

Avatar image for video_game_king
#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

Why not just change it to Sword/Spear/Axe? Makes far more sense than fighting with paper and rocks when one person has a stabbing implement.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
#5 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1548 posts) -

I just play dremel, which wins in all three counts.

Avatar image for immortalsaiyan
#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4748 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Why not just change it to Sword/Spear/Axe? Makes far more sense than fighting with paper and rocks when one person has a stabbing implement.

This or Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan:

Fuck that. Venustoise beats all:

Avatar image for jakob187
#8 Posted by jakob187 (22937 posts) -

I'm will beat anyone on these forums at Rock Paper Scissors.

Go ahead, make your move and see if I don't counter it perfectly.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

I'm will beat anyone on these forums at Rock Paper Scissors.

Go ahead, make your move and see if I don't counter it perfectly.

Fine then. Counter my Stone Origami Swan! NOTHING CAN DEFEAT STONE ORIGAMI SWAN!!!

Avatar image for jakob187
#10 Posted by jakob187 (22937 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@jakob187 said:

I'm will beat anyone on these forums at Rock Paper Scissors.

Go ahead, make your move and see if I don't counter it perfectly.

Fine then. Counter my Stone Origami Swan! NOTHING CAN DEFEAT STONE ORIGAMI SWAN!!!

Capra Demon would like to have a word with your
Capra Demon would like to have a word with your "stone origami swan".

Avatar image for benpicko
#11 Posted by benpicko (2016 posts) -
@jakob187

I'm will beat anyone on these forums at Rock Paper Scissors.

Go ahead, make your move and see if I don't counter it perfectly.

I pick rock.
Avatar image for video_game_king
#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

@jakob187:

That is not some combination of rock, paper, or scissors, so it is illegal. I still win.

Avatar image for legend
#13 Posted by Legend (2717 posts) -

This thread is going places.

Avatar image for k9
#14 Posted by k9 (652 posts) -

You have to understand that rock, paper, scissors game is just a ruse for the real game of physical violence underneath it.

Paper: I am going to slap you in the face! What are you going to do about it?

Scissors: I am going to poke your eyes out, that's what! What are you going to do about it?

Rock: Poking is too slow. Before you try to poke I am going to punch you in the face. What now?

Paper: Slap is faster, plus more coverage of surface area. Top that!

And on and on and on. You get the point.

Avatar image for xalienxgreyx
#15 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2646 posts) -

This thread could only be saved in this fashion on GB.

Avatar image for animasta
#16 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

rock paper shotgun, obviously.

Kieron beats Quinns, Quinns beats John, John beats Kieron

Avatar image for immortalsaiyan
#17 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4748 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Alakazam could beat it.

Avatar image for dukest3
#18 Posted by DukesT3 (2095 posts) -

Paper ALWAYS covers rock. Do not debate this, only bad things will happen.

I also love weekend forum threads!

Avatar image for video_game_king
#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan:

Nothing can beat Stone Origami Swan. FUCKING NOTHING. (If we're talking about Venustoise, then directing lightning won't do jack shit against whatever the hell that is.)

Avatar image for mikegosot
#20 Posted by MikeGosot (3237 posts) -

It is actually enough paper to cover every rock on the planet seven times, so paper wins. Also: Pretty relevant.

Avatar image for jasonr86
#21 Posted by JasonR86 (10178 posts) -

@mordukai:

Cause paper wraps up rock man! Then, like, rock can't do its thing. Like...its rock-thing.

Avatar image for viking_funeral
#22 Posted by viking_funeral (2631 posts) -

Rocks are very stupid. You put something over their heads, like paper, and they fall asleep like birds.

Or maybe the paper is cold, hard cash. Rocks are also very easy to bribe.

Avatar image for jazzyjeff
#23 Posted by JazzyJeff (481 posts) -

"It comes from an ancient Chinese tradition where when a request was sent to the ruler on a piece of "paper" or the equivalent at the time, the rock was placed over the paper if the request was accepted, the paper was draped over the rock, indicating defeat of the request, if the request was rejected. Hence, paper over rock = defeat."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_paper_beat_rock_in_a_game_of_rock_paper_scissors

Avatar image for mordukai
#24 Posted by mordukai (8492 posts) -

@LooseChange said:

Paper ALWAYS covers rock. Do not debate this, only bad things will happen.

I also love weekend forum threads!

When then will I have the time to shave off a bottle of White Manischewitz and catching up on Archer.

Avatar image for smitty86
#25 Posted by smitty86 (708 posts) -

Sounds like you went to the Bart Simpson School of Rock, Paper, Scissors

Loading Video...
Avatar image for ekajarmstro
#26 Posted by ekajarmstro (440 posts) -

Foot > Cockroach > Bomb > Foot

Avatar image for skooky
#27 Posted by Skooky (484 posts) -

  This is how it works.

Avatar image for trilogy
#28 Posted by Trilogy (3101 posts) -

You would have to find something to replace it that would not only make sense in beating rock but BEING BEATEN by scissors at the same time. It has to come full circle!

Avatar image for doctorwelch
#29 Posted by DoctorWelch (2817 posts) -

I think the theory is that the paper is some kind of alien creature that consumes and absorbs its prey by wrapping itself around the object/creature which basically makes it just like the alien from the movie The Thing. The problem is, the scissors can just cut through the creature which disallows its wrapping absorption abilities to take effect. So basically I'm saying it should be Rock, Thing, Scissors.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
#30 Posted by James_ex_machina (1000 posts) -

Dynamite beats all

Online
Avatar image for sackmanjones
#31 Posted by Sackmanjones (5539 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@jakob187 said:

I'm will beat anyone on these forums at Rock Paper Scissors.

Go ahead, make your move and see if I don't counter it perfectly.

Fine then. Counter my Stone Origami Swan! NOTHING CAN DEFEAT STONE ORIGAMI SWAN!!!

Capra Demon would like to have a word with your
Capra Demon would like to have a word with your "stone origami swan".

 Capra Demon, meet rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy. He's seen some shit!
Capra Demon, meet rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy. He's seen some shit!
I counter your counter and win the match
Online
Avatar image for yanngc33
#32 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

Paper covers rock, making it technically disappear

Avatar image for jacksukeru
#33 Posted by jacksukeru (6572 posts) -

Where I'm from it's always been Rock, Scissors, Bag.

Online
Avatar image for hizang
#34 Posted by Hizang (9358 posts) -

DYNAMITE!

Avatar image for jimbo
#35 Posted by Jimbo (10472 posts) -

@Yanngc33 said:

Paper covers rock, making it technically disappear

Yep. Rock, Paper, Scissors was invented by the same guy that came up with Peek-a-boo. He later went on to create the AI used in all stealth games.

Avatar image for jimbo
#36 Posted by Jimbo (10472 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

Where I'm from it's always been Rock, Scissors, Bag.

wat

Avatar image for polygonslayer
#37 Posted by PolygonSlayer (458 posts) -

Not sure where I read this ages ago, but I think in the games origins; 'paper' used to be 'sack' or 'bag'. The idea being that you put the rock into the bag I suppose. Somewhere down the line it became 'paper' for whatever reason. Then again... I seem to remember reading this long time ago or I might have dreamt it... both equally possible :P

Avatar image for singular
#38 Posted by SinGulaR (2553 posts) -

We used to play rock, paper scissors with a fourth thing. It's called "the well". The well wins against everything except paper because everything drops into it. Except paper, which covers it. Anyway:

Loading Video...

If you want to see an instance where paper loses against rock, see it in this movie. ;) Or maybe it was in the first one. I don't remember.

Avatar image for jacksukeru
#39 Edited by jacksukeru (6572 posts) -

@Jimbo: Different country. Though I always thought of the bag as a thin plastic one, as a kid, so it wouldn't really work any better.

Online
Avatar image for jrad
#40 Edited by Jrad (638 posts) -

@Animasta said:

rock paper shotgun, obviously.

Kieron beats Quinns, Quinns beats John, John beats Kieron

It's depressing that this comment has gone overlooked, because it's brilliant.

Avatar image for jakob187
#41 Edited by jakob187 (22937 posts) -

@benpicko said:

@jakob187

I'm will beat anyone on these forums at Rock Paper Scissors.

Go ahead, make your move and see if I don't counter it perfectly.

I pick rock.

Paper. BAM! Win.

@Video_Game_King said:

@jakob187:

That is not some combination of rock, paper, or scissors, so it is illegal. I still win.

Trust me when I say that NOTHING beats Capra Demon except cheating. Are you saying that you are a cheater?

Avatar image for jakob187
#42 Posted by jakob187 (22937 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@jakob187 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@jakob187 said:

I'm will beat anyone on these forums at Rock Paper Scissors.

Go ahead, make your move and see if I don't counter it perfectly.

Fine then. Counter my Stone Origami Swan! NOTHING CAN DEFEAT STONE ORIGAMI SWAN!!!

Capra Demon would like to have a word with your
Capra Demon would like to have a word with your "stone origami swan".

Capra Demon, meet rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy. He's seen some shit!
Capra Demon, meet rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy. He's seen some shit!
I counter your counter and win the match
Leon S. Kennedy has seen SOME shit, but he's never seen a Level 62 penis demon named Mara. GG, Sackman. GG.
Leon S. Kennedy has seen SOME shit, but he's never seen a Level 62 penis demon named Mara. GG, Sackman. GG.

Avatar image for sackmanjones
#43 Posted by Sackmanjones (5539 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

@Sackmanjones said:

@jakob187 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@jakob187 said:

I'm will beat anyone on these forums at Rock Paper Scissors.

Go ahead, make your move and see if I don't counter it perfectly.

Fine then. Counter my Stone Origami Swan! NOTHING CAN DEFEAT STONE ORIGAMI SWAN!!!

Capra Demon would like to have a word with your
Capra Demon would like to have a word with your "stone origami swan".

Capra Demon, meet rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy. He's seen some shit!
Capra Demon, meet rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy. He's seen some shit!
I counter your counter and win the match
Leon S. Kennedy has seen SOME shit, but he's never seen a Level 62 penis demon named Mara. GG, Sackman. GG.
Leon S. Kennedy has seen SOME shit, but he's never seen a Level 62 penis demon named Mara. GG, Sackman. GG.

I thought I was prepared, I was wrong... until next time my friend, until next time...
Online
Avatar image for jakob187
#44 Posted by jakob187 (22937 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: It's okay. In the end, we both lost because I had to look for a picture of a penis demon at work and got weird looks because of it.

Avatar image for dfsvegas
#45 Posted by DFSVegas (373 posts) -

Paper over Rock when you agree to make The Scorpion King.

Avatar image for laserlambert
#46 Posted by LaserLambert (176 posts) -

oh man, this thread is treading on new water! WOAH ROCK PAPER SCISSORS UHH, I haven't heard a million stupid discussions about a game that is older than dirt not making sense.

Avatar image for haltiamreptar
#47 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2038 posts) -

I've always used Justin Beiber, N-Sync, One Direction, even when I was a young kid

Avatar image for randominternetuser
#48 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6805 posts) -

It's papa', son. You know, some Benjis. You buy a sledgehammer with it and crush the rock.

Avatar image for markwahlberg
#49 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4714 posts) -

Scissors= cutting force

Rock= crushing force

Paper= smothering force

METAPHORS, MOTHERFUCKER.

Avatar image for mrjorowe
#50 Posted by MrJorOwe (283 posts) -

I googled this issue. I came up with this quote from an obviously jolly man "When I play rock/ paper/ scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my ready made fist and say, oh, I'm sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you stupid ****."

I don't know the real answer, but don't question it. Science?