Sleater-Kinney's Awesome (AKA Carrie Brownstein love thread)

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Also the "in your face @rorie I made a post about Sleater Kinney Before you" thread.

anywho..

In case you don't know Sleater Kinney Announced they Are Reuniting with a new album and tour. A tour that is sadly nowhere near me and I cant afford to see them.

They are my favorite rock related band. Them and nirvana are a lot of the reason for the music i listen to today. Their first album is very riot-grrrl (they sound crazy like bikini kill) but they got more indie rock as time went on.

They are easily one of the most consistently good bands in indie and i suggest checking them out if ya haven't. "One Beat" is my favourite of their albums but you cant go wrong with either.

Also Carrie Brownstein is an underrated as a guitarist and is amazing. With her Guitar playing, Singing and making the best sketch comedy show on tv she's a triple threat. She made a band when SK split up called wild flag that is pretty similar.

Anyone as stoked as me for the album as I am?

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If I dont get tickets on Friday I will kill someone, probably you, because you just so happen to be here.

strohfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SK is my father in law's favorite band and he is like over the moon about this.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By spraynardtatum

The Woods is one of my favorite albums of all time. It's a damn masterpiece. I'm so glad they're getting back together.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Words & Guitar!

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MC_Hify

I just bought the vinyl box set and I never thought I'd say this but I might be going back to Spokane. If I can get tickets to the first show there.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

The new song is so, so good.

Loading Video...

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PeezMachine

Seems like as good a time as any to suggest you check out some related projects, such as Wild Flag (Carrie) or Corin Tucker Band (Corin, obviously).

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like as good a time as any to suggest you check out some related projects, such as Wild Flag (Carrie) or Corin Tucker Band (Corin, obviously).

i hated that wild flag album first listen but now i listen to it at least once a week.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Hey, nice. Sleater Kinney joined in on "Rockin' in the Free World" at the Pearl Jam concert I went to last year. I haven't listened to a ton of their music, but I agree that Carrie Brownstein is great, so I should probably check them out.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Yup, Sleater Kinney is pretty good

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have to admit i've only heard The Woods and One Beat. i REALLY love The Woods though.

i'll try to make that up though.

but thanks cause now i'm falling into a big Woods-sized hole again >_< Entertain <3