Snow!, Woot!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

We had major ass snow storm last night, the biggest we have had in the UK for many years, as a result there are no buses and a reduced service on the underground. It means I have the day off today so I can play games all day, or have a snowball fight or two and make the customary snowman/ snowoman : D

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gizmo

/sigh, I have a day off, but

1. I have no video-games to play.
2. My Playstation 3 was going to come today/tommorow :(

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HazBazz

You Londoners get all the fun. The snow is pethetic in the north

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
Gizmo said:
"/sigh, I have a day off, but

2. My Playstation 3 was going to come today/tommorow :("

Well enjoy your day off none the less, you gotta do something... I might go to Hamptead Heath later and go sleding down Kite Hill with some old friends.

It was in the west end last night just when it hit, it was insane lol. I have never experienced snowfall like that in London before.

Take advantage of the snow!, as you know we rarely get it.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
HazBazz said:
"You Londoners get all the fun. The snow is pethetic in the north"

It should be the other way around with it being colder up there, but yeah, it does seem as though the south is effected far worse than up north right now.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

It's global warming!  I mean...cooling.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By TomA

Really pretty pictures!Although the second one looks like a potential murder scene:P

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HazBazz

Heres a few pics I just took. Its just started snowing again here, but not heavy.

My poor car
My poor car

Garden, with a loveley thick 1 inch of snow
Garden, with a loveley thick 1 inch of snow

This was taken out my attic window, which I had to open, then get snow in my face
This was taken out my attic window, which I had to open, then get snow in my face

Another shot of the garden
Another shot of the garden

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gizmo
Linkyshinks said:
"Gizmo said:

Well enjoy your day off none the less, you gotta do something... I might go to Hamptead Heath later and go sleding down Kite Hill with some old friends.

It was in the west end last night just when it hit, it was insane lol. I have never experienced snowfall like that in London before.

"
That's really weird that you know Hampstead Heath, I go there every weekend with my Dad. I wonder if the big lake thing is frozen :P

Small world eh?
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By lordofultima

I love snow. We got quite a bit this year.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
Gizmo said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"Gizmo said:

"
That's really weird that you know Hampstead Heath, I go there every weekend with my Dad. I wonder if the big lake thing is frozen :P

Small world eh?"

I practically grew up there, when I was younger I used to live in Gospel Oak which is on the edge of it near the Lido. I would go to the Heath often, mainly to chat up the girls from Parliament Hill school for girls :P

I have swam in that lake, and caught fish in the other. It looks awesome in the snow, and Kite Hill is excellent for sliding down, if a little bumpy.

EDIT:

Awesome red Cooper Hazzbazz, I had one just like it when I was younger :P. They need a bit of love in this weather.  We have 6 inches here lol.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Endogene

Only had some hail/ice over here, everything is white but it will probably be gone in a couple of hours. Curse this micro climat.

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By auspiciousqueue

That looks beautiful, but a hassle. 

On the BBC News website:
"A BBC reporter said he saw many people left confused and distressed after waiting for long periods for buses, only to see them drive past without being in service."

A sad day indeed.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gizmo
Linkyshinks said:
"Gizmo said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"Gizmo said:

"

Small world eh?"

I practically grew up there, when I was younger I used to live in Gospel Oak which is on the edge of it near the Lido. I would go to the Heath often, mainly to chat up the girls from Parliament Hill school for girls :P

I have swam in that lake, and caught fish in the other. It looks awesome in the snow, and Kite Hill is excellent for sliding down, if a little bumpy.

EDIT:

Awesome red Cooper Hazzbazz, I had one just like it when I was younger :P. They need a bit of love in this weather.  We have 6 inches here lol.

"
Dude, my friend had a girlfriend who went to Parliament Hill. Sheesh, that is REALLY weird, and the Kite Hill always reminds me of the hill at the start of 28 weeks later, where he runs away from the zombies...
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks
auspiciousqueue said:
"That looks beautiful, but a hassle. 
On the BBC News website:
"A BBC reporter said he saw many people left confused and distressed after waiting for long periods for buses, only to see them drive past without being in service."

A sad day indeed.

"

It is if you need or want to get into work.  London practically comes to a standstill when we have severe weather conditions like this, our transport system is so feeble it cannot cope.  Those Londoners should know better than to wait in the freezing cold.

*listening to kids having a snowball fight outside* <3

TomLeBon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TomLeBon

You know you're getting old when snow stops being fun and starts becoming a hassle . . .

I was just about to make the trip over to Cardiff to see my GF today, but It looks like the MegaSnow of '09 has scuppered that plan. Riding my bike to Wales wouldn't be the best of plans in this weather I think!

Have any of you guys heard of/visited Primrose hill? It's a hill (obviously) in north London where you can see out over pretty much the whole skyscape. If thats even a word.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gizmo
TomLeBon said:
"You know you're getting old when snow stops being fun and starts becoming a hassle . . .
I was just about to make the trip over to Cardiff to see my GF today, but It looks like the MegaSnow of '09 has scuppered that plan. Riding my bike to Wales wouldn't be the best of plans in this weather I think!

Have any of you guys heard of/visited Primrose hill? It's a hill (obviously) in north London where you can see out over pretty much the whole skyscape. If thats even a word.
"
I've been to Primhose hill a few times, I went during the summer, there was a huge event going on with loads of crossdressers sliding down on these waterboards when I went there last.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Red

I kinda miss snow. Haven't seen it in Singapore and won't see it in Arizona.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SoothsayerGB

That 3rd picture is gorgeous.  Did you take it, can you take more?  Man I wish someone would walk though there with a digital video camera and post the video.  Bet the sounds are nice too. 

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Lunarbunny

We got snowed out like this in Seattle the week before Christmas. It wasn't record-setting, but it was quite a lot of snow.

It totally fucks up getting around in unprepared locales, but if it doesn't last too long, then it's fun.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb

Inspired by the snow I just posted this.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By DeadlyPain

looks like you live in some kind of fairy land O_O lol

west midlands looks like someone went crazy with that snow spray for windows X_x....
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By super_machine

Just a dusting of snow. I thought you guys were getting dumped on. Dont get me wrong, if you arent use to snow a little can seem like a lot. I thought it was a foot of snow the way the media was handling it. In Michigan We've already had about two dozen snow strorms this winter on average of 2 to 6 inches.

Over a foot of snow in one night.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By get2sammyb
super_machine said:
"Just a dusting of snow. I thought you guys were getting dumped on. Dont get me wrong, if you arent use to snow a little can seem like a lot. I thought it was a foot of snow the way the media was handling it. In Michigan We've already had about two dozen snow strorms this winter on average of 2 to 6 inches.

"
That's mental.

The thing is - the UK pretty much falls apart at a drop of snow. Hence the massive uproar, public transport effectively grinding to a halt and nobody going to work. It's all rather pathetic really.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By super_machine
get2sammyb said:
"super_machine said:
"Just a dusting of snow. I thought you guys were getting dumped on. Dont get me wrong, if you arent use to snow a little can seem like a lot. I thought it was a foot of snow the way the media was handling it. In Michigan We've already had about two dozen snow strorms this winter on average of 2 to 6 inches.

"
That's mental.

The thing is - the UK pretty much falls apart at a drop of snow. Hence the massive uproar, public transport effectively grinding to a halt and nobody going to work. It's all rather pathetic really."
I understand though. It is an unusual event and that makes people excited. The last time it snowed we got about nine inches, and yes I went out driving in it. Its quiet enjoyable if you remember the rules of snow driving. Don't turn, don't stop, dont tailgate the driver ahead of you.
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gargantuan

I laughed out loud when I saw those pics! XD We can get more snow than that in a day and the busses keep on driving. You guys are funny. :P

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Marzy

Those photos look beautiful, excellent work LS. : )

I got up this morning and it wasn't too bad, but once I got on the bus and into Scunthorpe it started snowing loads. There was a huge traffic jam and it took me about 20 minutes to get to the college, from the other end of Scunthorpe. Whilst walking up the wind picked up also and it started to get really heavy. I thought college was going to close, but unfortunately it passed over.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring more snow, so I can get the day off.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By super_machine

If it keeps snowing at this rate, you guys will have enough snow on the ground to construct a snow man in a few weeks.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By brukaoru

Beautiful. We had some snow here last week but it all melted away within a day. :(

Great photos!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Linkyshinks
super_machine said:

"

That picture is mad lol.   I can imagine getting snowfall like that can make things tough this time of year. But at least your services can cope!.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zitosilva

I somewhat envy you all. I have never seen snow with my own eyes.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By teh_destroyer

The most snow Georgia has ever gotten was about 9 inches,and that was back in 1993.

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bear

Wow, the second and third pictures are really nice.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lashe

It was a good 3-4 inches up here in Scotland where I stay, and its due to get worse as the night goes on. Got the day of uni tomorrow; can't wait actually in all honesty. I see snow and I'm 5 again

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Snail

Lucky brits.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Linkyshinks

Made this last night with two friends and a bottle of malt whisky :). Someone stole the bottle that he was cradling lol

No Caption Provided

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lashe

Haha wouldn't a glass bottle have Coke been more quaint? ;]

With 'Holidays are comin'!' being played cranked up to 11 =P

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Linkyshinks
Lashe said:
"Haha wouldn't a glass bottle have Coke been more quaint? ;]

With 'Holidays are comin'!' being played cranked up to 11 =P"

lol, yeah, we were too drunk to think about that.

I think some parents must have walked by and been horrified by what we left with him. The bottle was empty though...

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lashe

Haha oh yeah. Wouldn't want to give off a bad message or anything ;]

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By crunchUK

snow is awesome!

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By mracoon

The snow was great. My school was cancelled so I just ended having some massive snow fight with some mates.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yes snow is indeed awesome, but can we have some serious input here please, perhaps some poetry inspired by snow or something?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#43  Edited By citizenkane

That looks awesome.  Unfortunately I live in Florida, which hasn't seen any significant snow in 15 years.  :(

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Snail
Linkyshinks said:
"Made this last night with two friends and a bottle of malt whisky :). Someone stole the bottle that he was cradling lol

No Caption Provided

"
Awesome.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wolverine
Linkyshinks said:
"

We had a major ass snow storm last night, the biggest we have had in the UK for many years, as a result there are no buses and a reduced service on the underground. It means I have the day off today so I can play games all day, or have a snowball fight or two and make the customary snowman/ snowoman : D

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"
England is so beautiful. I live in New Jersey and it snowed 4 inches so far but it should snow all night so hopefully I wont have school tomorrow.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RetroIce4
Linkyshinks said:
"Gizmo said:

"
You're like me. 6 days off I tell you! Six-fucking days OFF for snow. PS3... 2 games and "beat Little Big Planet. Xbox 360 Broken and at college. Wii and that sucks so much Balls besides Smash Bros. (Worst Online)... Basically I played San Francisco Rush and Beetle Adventure Racing. Beat both of em' during that "break" Disappointment.
Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Stevokenevo

Days off must be a thing of the past for me then.  On the snow day when all of the uk practically came to a halt I was sat in work watching it snow/rain in manchester.