So, how'd you do this semester?

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bruce

I did a thread like this about five months ago, so I thought I'd bring it back. Basically, just list your classes, how you did, and any and all excuses you feel like making for your performance--or lack thereof. (High School students: feel free to participate as well.) 

I only took twelve credits this semester, because I'm graduating shortly after the summer. 

1. Creative Writing: This class was easy, dreadfully easy. The professor and I had some pretty heated disputes early on, so I thought I was going to have trouble. It was a four hour class that met once a week, Saturday morning, from 9:50 AM to 12:50 PM. The work ranged from OK, to what the fuck is this woman doing, to thank Christ we can write our own stuff now. A few students didn't take the workshops seriously, so there was always some comic relief. I'm just glad I'll never have to sit in a circle and watch Momento again; I slept during that entire class, by the way. Fucking hate that movie. A

2. Civilizations of the Ancient World: This guy was a fucking motormouth who gave notes like he was dictating a novel. Ironically, though a lot of people complained about him and his style, I found the class interesting; well, at least in the sense that most of the historical information proved to be ridiculously redundant. Maybe it's just the way he taught, but every civilization seemed to form from similar wars that were fought using varying geographical advantages. Then, of course, a ruler would assimilate (or not) the culture of the conquered peoples, blah, blah, blah. It was a strict textbook class: He gave two tests, a ten page paper, and a final. I did everything, but I don't think I did as well on the final as I did on my paper or the first two tests. A- 

3. French 2: This is the class that almost ruined my chances for the upper echelon Private schools. I waited almost a year and a half to take the follow-up class to French 1, and I had forgotten everything. Within the first week, our sarcastic-as-hell professor pushed us into the Passe Compose and a bunch of other verb concepts that I simply couldn't understand. Then, I caught a bad throat thing (I think it was laryngitis) and missed four straight classes. After that, I more or less gave up entirely. I did homework sparsely, and I bombed on two tests. I must say though, my difficulties were not the teacher's fault whatsoever; the man was a great linguist with a terrifically fucked-up, bitter sense of humor. Anyway, with only three days to study for the final, a few of you guys here on the forums helped me study. I passed, and as I was leaving the room, he said, "Hey, good luck." C (which is what I needed, so I'm more than happy, especially considering that I was in F territory) 

4. Golf: Fuck this class. Fuck this professor. Fuck this sport. Our final grade was supposed to be determined by how good our swing was. Basically, all the kids with swings who hit the ball far (on their first try) got an A. Meanwhile, I had to take a few swings, with the best form I could, on my final to get a good hit (even though he claims he was only looking for a good swing, not contact). After all that nonsense, he called me over to give me my grade and said, "Be honest, what do you think you got?" I replied, "I don't know, B-?" He put his hand up and said, "My man, YOU GOT IT!" I can't say that I'm surprised considering that he taught me how to putt by going, "C'mon boy, where ya nuts at? Put the club against your nuts, and use your shoulders!" B-  

5: Aerobics: The teacher was an absolute vegan nutcase who worked us to death and played the most irritating contemporary radio pop, but if you had less than one absence and aced her five question final (what do your abs do?), she gave you an A. I was the only guy in the class, so some of her speeches about feminine hygiene were a bit awkward. A

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

Super happy about it cause I fucked up 2 of my final projects so I was expecting at least 2 F's.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JasonR86

I got a 3.7 in the Spring term.  I'm in the middle of my Summer term.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By iam3green

i only had internship spring semester. i'm done with school. the internship was bad since i couldn't find a place all the place told me that either they weren't looking at this time, or they didn't do internship. i ended up doing the internship at my school. it was boring, i usually i just surfed the internet and did a little bit of work. i'm done with school and thursday i'm graduating. i was done with school in the middle of may. i've been looking a little with work but can't find anything.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By yoshimitz707

I got a 2.3! I guess that's what happens when you skip most of your classes, play with your phone for the classes you do go to, and never study.

jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jondavis

Passed.

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArcLyte

final undergrad semester: B, B, B+, C+, C+

i'm okay with this.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By gla55jAw

3.5. It should have been higher though. One of my online classes says I had a 92 but the asshole professor gave me a B+. I've lost interest in caring at this point.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan

5 classes, 5 A's

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

Still holding on to my 4.0. Hopefully I can keep my perfect record for one more semester!

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Clean

2.7, failed a class because the english teacher was crazy

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By dichemstys

I passed my classes at least.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karl_Boss

My college is still on quarters so I haven't taken my finals yet.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

2.99 overall gpa. Did really good and better than last semseter. I expected that I would do horrible.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaptainObvious

Almost passed.

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By invadernick

graduated!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I don't find out until August :C

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Godwind

3.63, It has been a horrible semester for me overall.

Modern World Societies (A) - Overall, I liked this class.  Although I hated doing the group project.

Karate (A) - It was fun, but extremely gay.  When I mean gay, I mean the class was basically a collection of male homosexuality.  Men grabbing each other and what not before class. 

General Psychology (A) -  Even though each test was curved, most of the class still failed.  By the time we were on the last exam, I needed to get less than a -3 in order to fail and a 57 to get an A.  I have a feeling that I got above a 57.

Creative Writing (B+)-  I realized I was the next Shakespeare bitches. But I like the idea of being an investment banker.  SEC, prepare to write me one up.

General Chemistry (B+) - I wish god shot me by now.

International Economics and Finance (B) - I probably would have done better if I wasn't sick and didn't miss the essay due date.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Yanngc33

Exams are in 2 weeks TENSE

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By KarlPilkington
@JonDavis said:
Passed.
Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Surkov

Still anxiously waiting for grades. 

crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crimsinf

Having a +/- grading system finally paid off. I took 15 hours (5 classes) and made an A- in one of them and A+'s in the other four. Final semester GPA of 4.196.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NekuCTR

first time in 3 semester.

YamiB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YamiB

Teaching for Learning I - A-
Teaching Fieldwork - A-
Methods of Teaching Social Studies - A-
Human Sexuality - A

GPA - 3.7

A little worse than last semester, but I tried a lot less because these classes tended to be a bit boring.  This is my second to last semester for my BA.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Mighty

A's and B's

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By DriveupLife

Senior Design - A
Engineering Entrepreneurship - A
Decision Support Systems - B
Materials Handling and Facilities Planning - C+

Did absolutely no work for the three classes, worked my ass of in a hospital for 3 months for senior design

Avatar image for reptheplantdawg420
RepThePlantDawg420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kicked fukin ass

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seesic

3.7 this semester because i botched my economics final, but whatever I'm happy with my average

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cornman89

I kicked ass. And when I graduate in 2 weeks, my 3.7 GPA won't count for a goddamned thing.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Bigrhyno

2 As, 2 Bs, and 2 Cs. Not as good as last semester. I don't think it's a coincidence that I did worse this semester after starting to play WoW again at the beginning of the semester. 

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Wemibelle

An A, a B, and 2 C's.  My usual semester of barely trying with most of my coursework and getting the good grades in the ones that allow slacking.  Also, I blame online classes for being absolutely horrible (except for the part where I don't have to actually GO to class).

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Winternet

God, why is there threads like this? So I can come out and say I failed miserably? At least I haven't done my exams. Yes, I failed miserably during the semester, but, in the end, all that counts are your grades in the exams. Wish me luck ;)

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bruce said:  
Maybe it's just the way he taught, but every civilization seemed to form from similar wars that were fought using varying geographical advantages. Then, of course, a ruler would assimilate (or not) the culture of the conquered peoples, blah, blah, blah.
As a history major, I can assure you that it really happened like that. Ancient civilizations were really about one conquering the other, falling in love with their customs, and adopting them as the new classical ideal. And guess what? We STILL do that.
anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By anarchyzombie9

A's in AP English , AP US History, and Creative Writing
B's in Algebra II (I put this class off for years) and French II
C's in Chemistry and AP Psychology

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Animasta

still don't know all my classes stupid myCSN thing

b- in first year german II though, better than I expected.