So I just wached the Prince of Persia movie and...

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Edited By Mr_Skeleton

It was pretty good. One of my biggest worries about the movie (aside from being a video game based movie) was Jake Gyllenhaal, he is a good actor but he really didnt seem to me like the actor I would choose for the role of the prince and I still think he might not have been the best choice but after the first 15 minutes I got used to him and he actually played the role of the happy go lucky prince from the Sands of Time very well. The dialog was better than I had expected from such a big summer blckbuster and even the story wast half bad. The actions scenes where mostly very good but the movie did suffer from the "10 minutes has passed since we last killed / ran away from something which means its time for a new action scene" problem but it wasnt so bad because lets face it you dont go to see this movie for its deep and poetic dialogs.
Basicly if you want to see a fun stupid movie with high production values and great CGI go see it, its about as sophiticated and fun as the first Pirates of the Caribbeean was. 

The only big problem I had with this film was that I left the theater with one big question unanswered, will the movie mark the triumphant return  of TANG?  

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

It was pretty good. One of my biggest worries about the movie (aside from being a video game based movie) was Jake Gyllenhaal, he is a good actor but he really didnt seem to me like the actor I would choose for the role of the prince and I still think he might not have been the best choice but after the first 15 minutes I got used to him and he actually played the role of the happy go lucky prince from the Sands of Time very well. The dialog was better than I had expected from such a big summer blckbuster and even the story wast half bad. The actions scenes where mostly very good but the movie did suffer from the "10 minutes has passed since we last killed / ran away from something which means its time for a new action scene" problem but it wasnt so bad because lets face it you dont go to see this movie for its deep and poetic dialogs.
Basicly if you want to see a fun stupid movie with high production values and great CGI go see it, its about as sophiticated and fun as the first Pirates of the Caribbeean was. 

The only big problem I had with this film was that I left the theater with one big question unanswered, will the movie mark the triumphant return  of TANG?  

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Mr_Skeleton: I agree. There should be a sequel to Pootie-Tang.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW
@Mr_Skeleton said:
"It was pretty good."
What!? Lies!
Phazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Phazon

Over the weekend I decided to watch some Uwe Boll movies.  Even if this movie was absolute shit, I would have probably enjoyed it more.  As it is, I'm glad to see that it's not fucking terrible. 

And I agree with a Pootie-Tang sequel.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@odintal: @Phazon: Sa Da Tay
fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fini_fly
@Phazon said:
" Over the weekend I decided to watch some Uwe Boll movies. 
Why would you do this to yourself? Apparently you have not watched TANG.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho

White guy saves Persia.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince
@ryanwho said:
" White guy saves Persia. "
Persians are white... They descend from the Aryan race...
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By habster3

I must agree with you, sir; this was a pretty good movie.  It may have a pretty different story from the game, but does that truly matter? I would recommend this movie to anyone who wants to see a decent action movie that does not require you to think.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By fwylo
@LiquidPrince said:
" @ryanwho said:
" White guy saves Persia. "
Persians are white... They descend from the Aryan race... "
True Fact of WIkipedia
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince
@fwylo:  Yeah, I said that. Are you arguing with me, or agreeing?

Edit: Nevermind.
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By EliasT
@odintal said:
" @Mr_Skeleton: I agree. There should be a sequel to Pootie-Tang. "
THIS!!!!!
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zombie2011

I've only seen the original trailer for it, but i didn't see much action. The movie doesn't appeal to me at all, which is weird seeing i like the mummy movies and this kinda looks the same.

Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Kahoona

Why do Middle Eastern people always have British accents?  Also, the movie was all right, typical summer movie.