• 59 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By falserelic

So today I got hired in by the store company meijer. After I had 3 interviews and a background check done on me last week. They basically asked me questions and gave me the rundown on what to expect. Like dealing with customers in a friendly manner, what they expect from me on the job, dealing with racism from time to time (Since I'm African-American), avoid altercations even if I'm being attacked, and be a team player with the co-workers. This mourning I had to do orientation and setup my work schedule.

It went on for about 4 hours, and the guy talking to us gave more info about meijer. Stuff about how the store was founded and other things. When he was talking I just started getting nervous. Thinking about is this job going to workout for me, and will I be able to fix a mistake I did in the past. My mind just started getting clouded and my heart was racing, but then I thought I just got to go for it and see what happens. Anyway I got my I.D and work shirt, tomorrow I have to start training for my job position. Even though I'm still feeling kinda nervous.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ikilledthedj

Just go for it duder! all that shit will fade and in no time you will find your self working away not even knowing/worrying about a thing except if your getting paid on time and correctly!

Best of luck

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

avoid altercations even if I'm being attacked

What the huh?!? I guess I'd be nervous too?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The only time I get nervous is when Im taken to a ledge and get the sensation to jump. I usually avoid ledges for that reason. That and whenever I do jump I always get hurt.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@joshwent said:

@falserelic said:

Thats pretty common. A long time ago when I worked the minimum wage job circuit that was also the policy. Even if you were attacked first you were not allowed to attack back or you would get instantly suspended. Corporations you know, pretty cool guys.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RoarImaDinosaur

Think about the $$$$. It's normal to be nervous. Just do the best you can do and don't forget to ask good questions.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic

@joshwent said:

@falserelic said:

I thought the same too. Even if someone attack me they want me to walk away, but knowing me I can't do that. Especially if someone is eagerly trying to beat the shit out me. I would rather just defend myself even if it costs my job.

Just go for it duder! all that shit will fade and in no time you will find your self working away not even knowing/worrying about a thing except if your getting paid on time and correctly!

Best of luck

thanks man.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By spraynardtatum

Ayyye, You got this Richie!

No Caption Provided

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By joshwent

I thought the same too. Even if someone attack me they want me to walk away, but knowing me I can't do that. Especially if someone is eagerly trying to beat the shit out me. I would rather just defend myself even if it costs my job.

Well, hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) that situation should never ever ever ever happen.

I'd also add, you can absolutely do this and nervousness is something everyone goes through. And trust me, after you soon have everything down and can do it all perfectly with your brain turned off, you'll think fondly on the days when working was exciting, even if it was from nerves.

Have fun! ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck dude!

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should Tell those Grand Rapids big shots that I want dragon fruit in every store! I'm assuming you can take this to the top level now.

Also, what store? I assume you can hold some new consoles for us GB'ers lol. Maybe sell a game a day early...

It all fades and becomes enjoyable then in 9 months you hate your job, life, car, house, girlfriend, dog, the sky, the sun, and etc.., then you get a new job and the cycle repeats.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just learn the layout of the store and you'll be fine. Just do it quickly because the holidays are coming and people will be asking where this and that are located. Be prepared to lose all faith in humanity though, working retail is soul crushing. Have fun!

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging from your posts I've seen before, this is what, basically your first job? Just remember that the first month is always the worst part of a new job.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

What kinda job is it, club bouncing?

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zelyre

It's common. You're going to go from nervous to hating your job real quick! (Just kidding.) I remember being very nervous at my first orientation when working for Wards.

Are you going to be a sales associate? Stock dude? Security?

Do you have intentions of keeping this job for an extended period of time? Only reason I'm asking is because of the timing of the hire; Meijer's huge, but they may only be looking for help around the holidays.

Don't touch anyone. Ever. Don't put yourself in danger as well. If someone wants to steal that $299 Westinghouse TV at Black Friday, let em. The store's going to have loss prevention insurance. During my short stint as a sales associate, I stopped someone from shop lifting (apparently) by asking if they needed help. My manager stopped me, asked me to come with him to security; 18 year old me crapped my pants, pretty much. They showed me a video of some lady putting something in her bag before I spoke to her. After I left, she took the item out and put it back on the shelf. I got a gift card out of it.

Even if you're feeling crappy, bite your tongue and just treat people how you'd like to be treated and you'll do just fine. Remember that when wearing your badge, you represent the store, so if a customer's reflection of you is poor, the store's reputation takes a hit in their mind. Its holiday shopping season; a lot of people are going to be dicks to you.

And, last but not least. Just because your schedule says 4pm-10pm doesn't mean you're getting out at 10pm.

Sorry, I lied.

Last but not least; No, I don't want a Meijer charge card.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Akyho

From someone who got a job last week I can say everything you are feeling is normal. Sounds like what you almost did to your self with that thinking was make your self have a panic attack, my advice dont have a panic attack.

Because I did....now I do not have that job I got last week. Also panic attacks stop when you stop panicking and there is nothing wrong just need to calm down. Of which you did do by saying "fuck it! lets just see how it goes."

So my advice is don't push yourself too much and just keep ticking, dont deny your self basic. sounds simple but when your working hard it can be neglected since it was lack of sleep,starved,thirsty,desperate for the toilet and extremely sore feet and rushing around trying to satisfy everything in 50 mins in the middle of a city and get back to work on time is a major effort of which caused my body to panic. So be mindful of your self....I wasn't.

Otherwise if its a job you can do it you will get used to ti.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Aegon

How did the people react at the other job after you left so soon?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MezZa

Don't worry about it too much. I've been working retail for the last two years to give me some extra cash while I'm in college. Retail isn't a hard job. Just redundant. It's normal to be nervous. I was at first, and I've seen plenty of new people come into the store wide-eyed and panicked whenever I tell them to do something they don't understand. Don't be afraid to ask questions. That'll be your biggest help.

The hardest part is dealing with customers and just figuring out where things are so you can properly answer customers questions. Once you have that down you're golden. Just remember if you don't know the answer or can't help the customer, explain that you're new and go get a manager, someone above you, or a fellow worker who knows more. Most customers will understand and appreciate the extra attempt even if it does take more of their time. People will be dicks sometimes and for some reason will probably feel the need to complain to you even though you can't do anything about it. Just humor them and shrug it off after. No matter how you're feeling you've got to put on a friendly attitude or at least be neutral.

Also, the fight thing will likely never happen. It's just a precaution they have to take because they can't have a worker beating the shit out of someone and then that someone making a claim against the store.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just learn the layout of the store and you'll be fine. Just do it quickly because the holidays are coming and people will be asking where this and that are located. Be prepared to lose all faith in humanity though, working retail is soul crushing. Have fun!

??? Just lie. They aren't going to bother coming to find you to tell you that you are wrong. They are going to ask someone else and completely forget about you.

Just enjoy. :)

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By falserelic

@spraynardtatum that pic is aswome.

@chop This will be my first official job. The last job I had was at a temp service which I hated.

@brutushayesosu they warned me about that, but I'm preparing myself for it.

@joshwent Thanks, I'll try to enjoy myself.

@turtlebird95 thanks

@zelyre I will be a grocery clerk at department 1. I'm going to keep this job as long as I can. They also told us to avoid people that shop lift for safety reasons, which is cool with me, but yeah I'm just going to keep going and see what this job takes me.

@akyho Sorry to hear that happen to you man. That must have been a rough experience, thanks for the advice.

@aegon at the temp job everybody was focus on completing their shift. Though alot of the guys was hot headed and will yell alot.

@mentaldisruption Thanks, I'll do the best I can with it.

Anyway some other stuff I was learning about the company is suggestive selling. Which is when a customer is looking for a product, but then you recommend something else to get them to buy it. Meijer made it clear how important customers are to the company. They was talking about satisfied and highly satisfied customers. Satisfied customers is people that are happy that they got their stuff, and highly satisfied customers do the same except they express how much they like the company.

Also Meijer wants me to get to know people even on a personal level. Just to give a good first impression of the store, and help spread the word that meijer is worth shopping at. I also learned about the benifits and the union. One thing I have to work on is dealing with the public, and learn how to bullshit people with a happy friendly manner. Since I'm not really used to being joyful at all.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Be prepared to lose all faith in humanity though, working retail is soul crushing. Have fun!

Especially if you are dealing with money. If you are just dealing with product, then all will be fine. But as soon as it becomes about money the gloves come off and people go INSANE.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing for sure, I'm glad I loss alot of weight before this job. Since I have to wear my shirt tucked in at all times, and my name tag has to be visible on my collar. Tomorrow I may need to get some work gloves. I remember an interviewer that might be my supervisor. Told me I would have to work in the bottle area, and work my way up to do stocking.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Commisar123

@falserelic: I'll say this, as someone who's worked a few different retail jobs, don't worry about it. All that stuff is just things they have to tell you for legal reasons. It will take some getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it after a while. Best of luck, and don't let them treat you like shit.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

@falserelic: I wouldn't worry too much. I worried a ton when interviewing for my last teaching job and then ultimately getting the position. I was more worried about fitting in with and getting along with all the staff.

In other words, perfectly normal to feel that way. Let your work ethic speak for itself and you'll do just fine.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic: I'll say this, as someone who's worked a few different retail jobs, don't worry about it. All that stuff is just things they have to tell you for legal reasons. It will take some getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it after a while. Best of luck, and don't let them treat you like shit.

Thanks, as long as its nowhere near exhilarating as that temp job I did at the factory, then I'll be good.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: I wouldn't worry too much. I worried a ton when interviewing for my last teaching job and then ultimately getting the position. I was more worried about fitting in with and getting along with all the staff.

In other words, perfectly normal to feel that way. Let your work ethic speak for itself and you'll do just fine.

Thanks, It will probably pass out of my system overtime.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

uhh...

Wait.

Wait just a minute.

"They basically asked me questions and gave me the rundown on what to expect. Like dealing with customers in a friendly manner, what they expect from me on the job, dealing with racism from time to time (Since I'm African-American)"

Remind me never to visit the place you live.

"Now remember here sonny boy - sometimes a fellers gonna give ya a hard time - psst: cuz ya so dark n all - but jes remember ta smile n send im on his way!"

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Dang, I hope that works out well for you. Best of luck, man!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if it's shitty, I doubt it will be as bad as that last job you posted about. Good luck, man!

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AgnosticJesus

I worked at Meijer when I was 16. It's basically a Walmart chain in the Midwest. No ones going to attack but you don't want to try and restrain a shoplifter. It's an easy fucking job but don't expect too much in the way of pay or advancement. Of course the Meijers around where I live seem to attract nothing but white trash shoppers so expect to grow to hate interacting with customers.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By falserelic

Dang, I hope that works out well for you. Best of luck, man!

Thanks

@geraltitude Being from Detroit I had my share of racism, and since I live in a different city that has more whites then blacks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to run into alot more even if I'm not looking for trouble. My manager gave me the heads up about it. He seen costumers act up because black people work there. Me personally I don't give a shit if people call me a nigger, but if someone has balls enough to attack me then we're going to have a problem. I'm not going to give them the pleasure to insult and physical attack me.

Even if it's shitty, I doubt it will be as bad as that last job you posted about. Good luck, man!

Yeah, hopefully its nowhere near that level, thanks.

@agnosticjesus thanks for the advice.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

@falserelic: I live close by a meijer . Any chance you're from Ohio ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

Anyway some other stuff I was learning about the company is suggestive selling. Which is when a customer is looking for a product, but then you recommend something else to get them to buy it.

Loading Video...

But anyway, congrats on getting the job! Just do your best and stick with it, being nervous is normal.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic: I live close by a meijer . Any chance you're from Ohio ?

I live in Michigan, but I had visted ohio when I went on a trip to ceder point.

@falserelic said:

Anyway some other stuff I was learning about the company is suggestive selling. Which is when a customer is looking for a product, but then you recommend something else to get them to buy it.

But anyway, congrats on getting the job! Just do your best and stick with it, being nervous is normal.

LOL! that guy mentions stuff that I heard at the conference room, he speaks the truth btw...thanks.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gokaired

@falserelic: I'm in a similar situation, after years of education and volunteer work i started my first paying job last week (in a computer shop).

My suggestion is you make friends as quick as possible, not just with the older colleges but with your fellow new employees, it makes the experience much easier.

When i applied for my current job it was my first and only job interview and I got it. Congrats and don't rock the boat.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JazGalaxy

Like dealing with customers in a friendly manner, what they expect from me on the job, dealing with racism from time to time (Since I'm African-American),

Er...

I'm black as well and I found this line to be really weird. Not only have i never run into this, I'm entirely interested in how they brought it up. There's so many actionable landmines in that particular field that I feel like every company would just ignore it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokaired said:

@falserelic: I'm in a similar situation, after years of education and volunteer work i started my first paying job last week (in a computer shop).

My suggestion is you make friends as quick as possible, not just with the older colleges but with your fellow new employees, it makes the experience much easier.

When i applied for my current job it was my first and only job interview and I got it. Congrats and don't rock the boat.

Congratz on your new job too man, and yeah I'll try to get to know some of my co-workers aswell.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By falserelic

@jazgalaxy said:

@falserelic said:

Like dealing with customers in a friendly manner, what they expect from me on the job, dealing with racism from time to time (Since I'm African-American),

Er...

I'm black as well and I found this line to be really weird. Not only have i never run into this, I'm entirely interested in how they brought it up. There's so many actionable landmines in that particular field that I feel like every company would just ignore it.

Same here.

My manager felt I should know ahead of time, and not get shocked if it happened. He probably doesn't want me to do something that would cost me my job, or cause trouble for the company.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better just burn the place to the ground then, it's the only answer.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokaired said:

Congratz on your new job too man, and yeah I'll try to get to know some of my co-workers aswell.

Be friendly and get to know everyone, but becoming friends with your co-workers within the first few months isn't the best idea. Working with the people you do for a long period of time will get you there eventually. But starting out looking to make friends is a bad way to go into a job.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raethen said:

@falserelic said:

@gokaired said:

Be friendly and get to know everyone, but becoming friends with your co-workers within the first few months isn't the best idea. Working with the people you do for a long period of time will get you there eventually. But starting out looking to make friends is a bad way to go into a job.

For me I'm usually not the talkative talk, but since its a job. I'll treat my co-workers with respect and be friendly towards them, but I'm not there to make friends, only to earn money.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Congratulations. Don't let retail turn you into a bitter old man like I am. Though I would be bitter even if I didn't work in the service industry. It's easy to focus on the few a-hole customers and forget that most of them are nice but quirky.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By falserelic

@hanktherapper said:

Congratulations. Don't let retail turn you into a bitter old man like I am. Though I would be bitter even if I didn't work in the service industry. It's easy to focus on the few a-hole customers and forget that most of them are nice but quirky.

Thanks man.

I was actually surprised that I got this job. Months ago I filled out the online application for Meijer, and a afew weeks ago when I checked my email I notice they accepted it. I lucked out big time, before that I was walking around the streets looking for jobs everywhere, it was a pain.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happens. I went through the same thing months ago and came on to talk about it as well. Don't worry, in no time you'll be feeling fine when everything is settled. The first days on the job is always nerve racking because you're new to the experience and not sure what to expect, nor what they really expect out of you. Just try your best at the job at hand and you'll be fine. Congrats on the job. I've never heard of Meijer, though as I look it up, it seems to be based in Michigan, which makes sense as to why I've never seen it here in WA.

Three interviews? That's a bit awkward, I never have done that before. Furthermore, sorry to point it out, but 'mourning'? The only time I still get a bit nervous, is when my boss introduces me to people that work around their as well. I just shake their hand, say nice to meet you with a smile, and then tell them what I do if they ask me. The reason I get a bit nervous is because there's really nothing to bring up in a conversation, so there can be a few awkward silent moments until they leave; I don't really ever have to talk to them again either. In the end it's fine though.

It's OK to be nervous, just know that in time, probably sooner rather than later, you'll be fine when it comes to doing the job at hand, and that's all that really matters. My advice is to try and learn everything you have to do so you know yourself, and the others know as well that you're reliable. It's never good to ask what you have to do next, and while it's OK to ask how to do something, make sure you really pay attention and learn it the first time around. I'll be honest, my first job I worked at was Sears for only a year, but I quit due to moving. I really sucked at the job for about half the year, but that was mostly my mistake.

It's paramount that you learn everything you have to. Is this your first job? If you're like me, or many others I'm sure, you'll probably feel like before you go to work, that you don't want to go to work, and once you get there, there will be moments when you're just walking around to do the next thing, when you really just don't want to be there, but as long as you focus on the job then time will fly by and you'll be home before you know it. When I worked at Sears, I never hung out with co workers outside of the job, but it was still nice to be good acquaintances. I mean, I guess it was friendship, but not to the extent of hanging out outside of work, I just didn't want to. For you, when it comes to that job, it'd be a good idea to do that too, as in, make friends.

I don't know what your job is, but all I did at Sears was put up signs and help out customers, and more often than not, they were very nice to me, while other co workers got the negative end unfortunately. Anyways, sorry for writing all this. I guess it's because I feel the same way when it comes to new jobs, but really, in the end all will be well once the beginning is over. Plus, if it's anything like Sears, you'll get payed more during training! :P.

MJLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Congratulations on the gig! Being nervous is natural. It means you care enough about what U will be doing to be worried about it. But retail can be tough so best of luck to U.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

Run it like ya own it is what i always say.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Raethen

@falserelic: That's a good way to go into a new job, and that is how most of your co-workers feel as well. As you get to know some of them, you may become friends. I was just warning against looking to be everyone's friend from the start, as that will hold you back, and can easily put you in positions where you could lose your job.

Either way, congrats on your employment. I just started a new job as well. I've been unemployed for about 2 1/2 years. It's only a temporary contract, but it's full time hours which is nice. And then this morning I get an email that will probably lead to a job with a local developer.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Portis

@falserelic Is this your first job? Just curious.

Trustme when I say you have nothing to worry about. First off, jobs telling you that type of stuff is just what corporations have to do. On the super, super slim chance anything like that happened to you at work they just need to be able to say "he was aware of the rule." Hell, I was "trained" on how to not die in an elevator at a job.

I'm african-american also, and in my 10 years at 3 different jobs I've never encountered any racism and I live in a largely white city in California. Not to say you or I never will (or maybe you already have, I don't know), but I worked at a nursing home for 7 years and if it was going to happen it probably would have there. There were some old school people there, lol.

I was nervous too when I got my first job ever. But it passes quickly -- keep in mind this is a job where everyone is probably nice and likes to have fun while they work.

Good work on the new job and above all; quit worrying about it so much ;)

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@budwyzer said:

@brutushayesosu said:

??? Just lie. They aren't going to bother coming to find you to tell you that you are wrong. They are going to ask someone else and completely forget about you.

Just enjoy. :)

You'd be surprised actually! I do this occasionally when I have to, and a few times I've had customers hunt me down again. Then they make some rude comment about where it really was and try to make me follow them to show me when I'm clearly working on something I can't leave easily. -_- It does work most of the time though.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Chop

@falserelic: Oh, It's a grocery store.

As someone who has worked his fair share of shitty minimum wage grocery store jobs, I can tell you that it's not worth getting stressed about. Working in a grocery store is literally one of the easiest jobs on earth; so don't worry too much. You don't need to know about products, you don't need to worry about suggestive selling, you don't need to know the store like the back of your hand...just don't like whip your dick out and you'll be completely fine.

You caring this much already puts you above a good 90% of the people I've worked with in those types of jobs, myself included, so uh...go you :D

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@portis said:

@falserelic Is this your first job? Just curious.

Trustme when I say you have nothing to worry about. First off, jobs telling you that type of stuff is just what corporations have to do. On the super, super slim chance anything like that happened to you at work they just need to be able to say "he was aware of the rule." Hell, I was "trained" on how to not die in an elevator at a job.

I'm african-american also, and in my 10 years at 3 different jobs I've never encountered any racism and I live in a largely white city in California. Not to say you or I never will (or maybe you already have, I don't know), but I worked at a nursing home for 7 years and if it was going to happen it probably would have there. There were some old school people there, lol.

I was nervous too when I got my first job ever. But it passes quickly -- keep in mind this is a job where everyone is probably nice and likes to have fun while they work.

Good work on the new job and above all; quit worrying about it so much ;)

Thanks, my first job was at a temp service. I made a blog about it afew weeks ago discussing what happen. That whole day felt like a big rush. I went into job center trying to find a job. They had me take a test and fill out paper work, next thing I know they said ''my assistance is needed today go buy steel toe boots''. I was completely caught off guard about it, but anyway I went to the factory I had to work at. When I saw all the machines and people driving around forklifts I thought ''wtf I get myself into''

Then I got a rude introduction by a supervisor working afternoon shifts. This guy was on my nuts, and went off on me about stuff I wasn't aware about or had no experience on. Then I notice there was co-workers that was edgy, and some acted like high school students. Regardless the job only lasted for two days, but I'm sure its because I made a mistake with wielding parts that had bolts already in them, and not being aware of the worksheet. I guess that experience kinda makes me nervous about meijer, just that fear of losing the job quickly over one mistake.

Especially now since I'm at a point in my life where I need money, and since I did something in the past (Which Is best not to discuss about on the internet) trying to find jobs will be harder to come by for me.

@chop said:

@falserelic: Oh, It's a grocery store.

As someone who has worked his fair share of shitty minimum wage grocery store jobs, I can tell you that it's not worth getting stressed about. Working in a grocery store is literally one of the easiest jobs on earth; so don't worry too much. You don't need to know about products, you don't need to worry about suggestive selling, you don't need to know the store like the back of your hand...just don't like whip your dick out and you'll be completely fine.

You caring this much already puts you above a good 90% of the people I've worked with in those types of jobs, myself included, so uh...go you :D

Thanks, hopefully I won't have to interact with the public too much.