So I remixed a Midnight Brown song, sort of.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ahriman22

I don't know if it's been done before, it probably has, but I tried it out anyways.

Yesterday I decided I would make a song, like usual, but I would sample the beat from "My band is putting out a seven inch". About halfway through the song I thought it would be cool to add the lyrics. So I did!

It was a little tough to isolate the voices and the rest of the song still kind of sounds through, but I matched up the beats to make sure nothing is really changed. They sound like they're coming out of an old radio, which I ended up liking. Without the stems there's only so much I can do.

The actual beat is glitchy, I reversed snares here and there, copy, paste & duplicate were used a lot for variation throughout the song.

I'm quite satisfied with it, I'm posting it here since I know ya'll be Midnight Brown fans, or at least some of you.

Thanks to Midnight Brown for the awesome beat!

Here's the original

Here's my version

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ahriman22

I don't know if it's been done before, it probably has, but I tried it out anyways.

Yesterday I decided I would make a song, like usual, but I would sample the beat from "My band is putting out a seven inch". About halfway through the song I thought it would be cool to add the lyrics. So I did!

It was a little tough to isolate the voices and the rest of the song still kind of sounds through, but I matched up the beats to make sure nothing is really changed. They sound like they're coming out of an old radio, which I ended up liking. Without the stems there's only so much I can do.

The actual beat is glitchy, I reversed snares here and there, copy, paste & duplicate were used a lot for variation throughout the song.

I'm quite satisfied with it, I'm posting it here since I know ya'll be Midnight Brown fans, or at least some of you.

Thanks to Midnight Brown for the awesome beat!

Here's the original

Here's my version

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

I liked the intro but it seems like you just started going crazy and adding stuff haphazardly as the song goes on.

I'm totally into the idea of Midnight Brown remixes, though. If you feel like doing more, the Dope/Revenge intros seem like good candidates.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ahriman22

@Ravenlight: I did kind of go crazy, I'll admit. I've done it again though, this time with the song In Panama. I only sampled the beat and built around that.

There are glitches all over though so if that what you meant by "adding stuff haphazardly" you won't like it. But give it a go anyways! Please...