So i saw the Avengers yesterday....

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InternetCrab

And it is the best movie i have seen this year. The 3D was stunning, and that comes from somebody who is not a big fan of 3D. Always hype and exciting, great script, good actor line-up as always and a story that makes sense.

So has anyone seen it, if so, what did you think of it?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BleedingStarX

What 3D moments were there? I refuse to watch a film in 3D and from the 2D version only one moment jumped out at me as "I bet that's a 3D moment"

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

I'm in America...

How was the Hulk though? He's bar-none my favorite Marvel character and I'm sad Edward Norton couldn't act up against Downey Jr. In the trailers they sort of present him as "the" heavy hitter the Avengers have. Less like a team mate and more like a bomb they have ready.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tylea002

@Doctorchimp: Hulk is the greatest thing about the movie. Mark Ruffalo is fantastic.

@BleedingStarX: Eh, none, to me. I saw in IMAX 3D and 2D, and the only thing I felt like I was lacking in the 2D version was the GIANT MOTHERFUCKING SCREEN. So my advice would be go to an IMAX screening if you can, because it looked so fantastic, but if it's a choice between plain 2D and 3D, then there's no contest.

The 3D was fine though, it worked and didn't give me a headache.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk was great he had almost of the funny moments. The film was great and made me look forward to the next one.

Hairy hulk

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AiurFlux

@Doctorchimp said:

I'm in America...

How was the Hulk though? He's bar-none my favorite Marvel character and I'm sad Edward Norton couldn't act up against Downey Jr. In the trailers they sort of present him as "the" heavy hitter the Avengers have. Less like a team mate and more like a bomb they have ready.

The actor that replaced Norton wasn't that bad to be honest. And in my mind he does look like how a Bruce Banner is supposed to look. Norton is clearly the better actor but he just didn't look like a Banner in my opinion. As for the Hulk though... maybe 3 good Hulk Smash moments. The thing that bothered me more about Hulk was he seemed like a joke to be honest. There were bits where he was clearly there to be the big dumb green guy that gets angry and hits shit with comedic results.

Overall the movie is good and it rights the fuck ups that Thor and Captain America did. Joss Whedon clearly has an appreciation for the source material and generally sticks to it instead of going off and trying to do his own thing like some other people have (Ang Lee).

I had to see it in 3D because I got invited to a super early screening of it. I hate 3D. It does a good job in conveying and showing that 3D, but I fucking hate 3D.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Loved it. Thought the acting and the pace were spot on. Went in without seeing any of the trailers so nothing was spoilt. Definnately going on my Xmas Blu-Ray list.

P.s The Hulk is awesome!!

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By gatehouse

Saw it last Thursday and can't wait to see it again. Everything I could of hoped it to be.

Lemonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lemonhead

The movie was really great, everything you could hope for really. The style was similar to the individual films, so if you liked them, you'll be blown away by this one. In regards to the 3D it was awesome. I couldn't believe it when I read it was done in post-production.

To those who have already seen it, maybe you can help me clear up one thing I didn't understand

How could the Hulk control his behavior in the end, and only hit the bad guys, where in the middle of the movie he was raging uncontrollably when on the airplane-ship thing? I assume it's related to the "The secret is, I'm always mad" line, but I don't get it.
Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Lashe

@Lemonhead: Pretty sure there were cut scenes. The old man talking to Banner after Hulking out alluded to the fact he controlled his fall so that he didn't harm anyone, suggesting he was getting some sort of control over the Hulk. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some scenes cut which explain it further.

Absolutely loved the film though, looking forward to catching it again. MIght try IMAX it if I can.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By altairre

I'm going to see it again in two hours. Awesome movie!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By donchipotle

As someone who does not like Joss Whedon, how Joss Whedon is the script?

Avatar image for deactivated-58fdbc5a65ba2
deactivated-58fdbc5a65ba2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DonChipotle

As someone who does not like Joss Whedon, how Joss Whedon is the script?

There are definitely some Joss Whedon moments throughout the film, so really it depends on if you can stomach that and enjoy the rest of the film.

I thought itwas really good fun, the characters mostly got a good amount of screen time, I felt Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) really got the character. A lot more comedy than I expected and the 3-d for me really didn't do much.
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By CptChiken

I saw it on sunday, its a very good film.

I saw it in 2D because fuck 3D and all its shittyness.

It was a nice mix of action, humour, ladies in cat suits.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mercutio123

What is a Joss Whedon moment? I heard there were a couple before I went to see the movie but as I didn't know what they were nothing really stood out?

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InternetCrab

@BleedingStarX said:

What 3D moments were there? I refuse to watch a film in 3D and from the 2D version only one moment jumped out at me as "I bet that's a 3D moment"

There was when the Hulk smashed through buildings, but there are not many 3D moments.