So I think there's this girl that likes me, but I don't know why.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Maybe she's being nice, but I took notice at this girl that works at subway. It was her and another co-worker of her's at the time. We all started talking and I introduced myself. She told me her name was Maggie. I joked around with her for abit got my food then left. That happen a couple of months ago, and now today I decided to go get some food at subway and she was there. She was happy to see me, even more so when I remembered her name. One of her co-workers was going to take my order, but she told her that she wanted to do it.

We was talking and she couldn't stop smiling. I don't exactly know why she was so happy to see me. It wasn't like I was going out my way to get her to like me, but now I'm debating if I should ask her out or not.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Touch her shoulder and be prepared to fake your own death.

Really, though, if you feel like you're in a position to have a relationship and you have some interest in her then ask her out. Even if it doesn't work out, who cares. A date isn't a long term commitment. You can take her out on a date and decide from there if you want to keep seeing her. If you don't want a relationship right now then take it as a compliment and enjoy having someone nice to chat with when you get your food.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza said:

Really, though, if you feel like you're in a position to have a relationship and you have some interest in her then ask her out. Even if it doesn't work out, who cares. A date isn't a long term commitment. You can take her out on a date and decide from there if you want to keep seeing her. If you don't want a relationship right now then take it as a compliment and enjoy having someone nice to chat with when you get your food.

True.

There is apart of me that's kinda nervous about asking her, but it's worth aleast trying.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

@mezza said:

True.

There is apart of me that's kinda nervous about asking her, but it's worth aleast trying.

Yeah, it's even better if you're nervous. Means you kind of care at least a little bit. If you weren't nervous then I'd say you weren't really interested in her. Best thing to do is to put yourself in situations that make you uncomfortable/nervous because being in those situations is the best way to improve for the future. Even if she says no or if it doesn't work out later on, you walk away better off than you would have been for saying nothing at all. Best of luck!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah it's a tricky situation. I worked two different food industry jobs in high school and freshman year of college and it gave me a different perspective on how much shit women get while at work. For some it's a weekly, if not daily, occurrence to have guys try to pick them up and the women I've talked to usually loathe that aspect of the job. Because of this, I am strongly against doing this.

With that said, you were the one there. If you truly believe she might be interested, then it might be worth the shot. If you do decide to do so, then just be respectful both in how you ask, and if she says no, in your rejection.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316

Don't worry about why she likes you, just go with it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's obvious she's a narc, don't be a snitch man.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I say ask her sometime after a few more interactions. Maybe she or you will feel differently by then (feelings waned a bit, etc), but if you think you two are still pretty friendly, ask her out. Then act respectfully and accordingly to either possible answer. If she says yes, cool. You got a date with Maggie! If she says no, that's ok. Then you'll know she was just being nice. Good luck out there.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this guy was funny, i think i remember him doing 20 threads about his coworker a year or so ago.

please ask her out and spare us more hemming and hawing :) (mostly kidding)

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OceanEve

@falserelic: Lady Duder Here :D. If I were you I would try to get to know her first before you start asking her out. Most of the time when I'm nice to guys, they usually think I'm interested in them and try to ask me out.? So, she may just be being nice since that's alot of her job! I work in retail and I always try to be as nice as possible ^_^. So I would just casually ask her some of the things she likes to do and what not and if you guys have some things in common then that's a good place to start. But as someone who gets her fair share of creepy guys hitting on her all the time, I would take it a little easy with some of that stuff. Just my two cents ^_^ hope it helped! ?

Edit: Also since you haven't really talked with her a whole bunch, you may find that you don't have a lot in common.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are you eating at Subway?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Lady Duder Here :D. If I were you I would try to get to know her first before you start asking her out. Most of the time when I'm nice to guys, they usually think I'm interested in them and try to ask me out.? So, she may just be being nice since that's alot of her job! I work in retail and I always try to be as nice as possible ^_^. So I would just casually ask her some of the things she likes to do and what not and if you guys have some things in common then that's a good place to start. But as someone who gets her fair share of creepy guys hitting on her all the time, I would take it a little easy with some of that stuff. Just my two cents ^_^ hope it helped! ?

Edit: Also since you haven't really talked with her a whole bunch, you may find that you don't have a lot in common.

I understand what you mean, but there's apart of me where I feel like if I take it too slow. She may potentially lose interest, it's abit of a gamble (That happen to me before)

this guy was funny, i think i remember him doing 20 threads about his coworker a year or so ago.

please ask her out and spare us more hemming and hawing :) (mostly kidding)

Back then I ended up hooking up with another co-worker. It turned out to be one of the biggest regrets I've made on a job. I didn't know she had a boyfriend at the time, and her boyfriend's brother worked at the same job aswell. Then I found out she was messing around with a vender guy that was at my job, and was having sex with another ex-boyfriend of hers. I still cared about her and it took me afew months to get over it.

Because I like Subway that's why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What sandwich did you get the first time?

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Reminds me of this girl at the Taco Bell I go to for lunch sometimes. I thought she was kinda cute so I was just doing my usual good eye contact and smile thing. After going there a few times though she seemed to consistently reciprocate. She started remembering my order (which is easy, because I pretty much always order the same thing), my name, and would want to ring me up. If she was in the back area making the food, we'd kinda catch each other looking etc.

It was fun. I didn't really have the intention of asking her out, but its fun to flirt. Eventually, she seemed to disappear. I was a little sad and assumed she had left the place. Some months later I went in on a day of the week I wouldn't usually go and she was there. She seemed happy to see me. I asked her where she'd been and she said she only works there one day a week now.

And that was that lol It would be weird if I then started only going there on that specific day of the week.

So anyway, yea if you think you might be into her, and it definitely sounds like she is into you, then go for it.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just whatever you do don't tell her you browse /r/Kappa

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, to be young again. Go get her tiger. Embarrassment is temporary, that little niggling feeling in the back your head that you left something behind is not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go for it!

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like she wants the footlong sandwich if you know what I'm saying.

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's tasty.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hnke: Five....five dollar...five dollar foot long

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OceanEve

@falserelic: trust me, if she's interested, she'll stay interested. We never let anything go ? there's no point in trying to rush things with this person. Especially since you don't know her very well.

CanadianMath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the real mystery here.

OT: Is this person an adult? I'd probably not refer to her as a girl. That always creeps me out.

If you enjoyed the time you had, why not say: "Hey, this was fun. We should do it again some time. Got any free time coming up?"

There's really only two answers you could get. Neither will kill you. See what happens /shrug

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait till she paints a heart on your sandwich with mustard

aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By aerious

Impress her with your eating prowess. 5-feet, 10-feet, 20-feet. Eat more each time until she's overcome with lust.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Take her to dinner...

...at Subway.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The best thing to do is ask her if she is single, it shows that you are interested but also gives her an out without completely rejecting you. If she says she is then ask if she'd like to get together and get to know each other. If she says yes get her number.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray is on to something.

If you don't ask her out, you will never know. Stay safe and do nothing, or risk a future of fabulous friendship and ask for a date. The less complicated you make this the better.

And don't you dare start fantasizing about this relationship before even having a proper conversation.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in kind of the same situation as you. Yeah it's hard to know if she is just doing her job and being nice, which is the most likely thing. Just try to have a conversation about something to understand her better, it took me ages to figure that out cause I'm terrible with women.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless I'm the one approached, I tend to not ask out people at their job. The service industry is very much dependent on good experiences and friendly faces, so don't confuse being friendly and approachable for being interested. This is coming from somebody who bartends and sees what my girl coworkers had to deal with. I saw a guy literally stay outside of our place waiting after closing because my coworker was nice to him all night because that was her job. Another came only to look at her ass when she would grab a bottle from a shelf.

Grooming and identifying regulars is a part of the job, making both you happy and service workers happy. It sometimes brightens a persons day when a friendly regular comes in. It's easy to know what they want, more relaxing to deal with, and is a good stable source of revenue. Some regulars I'd be totally happy going out drinking with, but others I could tell we wouldn't make great friends with outside of our 30 minute chats while I serve them lunch.

Really just put more effort into it than "I think she likes me". I have no idea how many interactions you've had with this girl.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll join the masses here saying that it's generally best not to hit on people working in the service industry. I used to bartend and it's always driven me crazy when people think bartenders/servers being nice are flirting. Not saying that it's impossible this girl is, just that you should tread very carefully because aggressive patrons is something people in the business have to deal with constantly.

KingPorkbun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KingPorkbun

She works at a Subway, worst case scenario she declines and you suddenly have to start going to a different Subway. It's not like she's gonna take a quick pic of you and send it to all the other fast food places with a notice that you're a person with a thing for Sandwich Artists.

Also, holy moly we got some sensitive wage slaves in here. There's a difference between being a creepy stalker who waits outside until after closing and just asking someone if they want to go get a hot/cold beverage sometime (the horror!).

VoodooTatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VoodooTatum

If you go in there the next time and she seems happy to see you again you are good to ask her out. I would wait till she is ringing up the bill and then ask her. I would try to go at a time when it isn't very busy because you don't want some fool coming in and demanding his meatball sub be toasted right NOW! Trust you instincts about how she thinks about you. I'd say she will most likely accept being taken on a date. Worst case scenario she is dating another dude or isn't interested in dudes at all. Either way not a big deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I recently found out something that definitely changed my mind. I was at subway again and was talking with a old lady that works there. I knew who she was because I usually go to subway in the mourning's. She was saying how she was helping her daughter through school, and she help her get a job at subway. My first response was ''is your daughter name Maggie?''. She said her real name is Megan and that she's very friendly.

Though she has a very bad depression issue, she's doesn't feel like she's pretty, and has a boyfriend that treats her like garbage. At that point things started to make sense. So now I rather just be friendly with Maggie, and too also finding out she's 18 and about to graduate high school. I just wouldn't feel right dating her regardless.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What fun, I haven't seen one of these in a while.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By Zevvion

@falserelic said:

It wasn't like I was going out my way to get her to like me

This is why she likes you.

Also, yeah ask her out, why not? In reality people like each other for reasons you can't explain. It's just chemistry. See if there is something more there. Again, why not? At worst you're going to be the guy that didn't make it work with someone he met. That accurately describes 100% of the male population.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring her the corpse of her enemies. Show her your dominance and prowess.

Honestly just ask her out. Doesn't even have to be a formal "date" just be like hey would you like to get lunch or go to *insert fun local activity*

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immediately panic. Something good has happened in your life and you don't know what to do with it.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the origin of this image anyways? Is it just a forum thing did Giant Bomb ever actually do a "Girl Advice Line?"

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the origin of this image anyways? Is it just a forum thing did Giant Bomb ever actually do a "Girl Advice Line?"

What are you talking about. Haven't you been reading the thread? The Girl Advice Line is alive and well.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Hey, that ended pretty nicely. Good on you for helping her through that stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Go for it dude. Just have a natural asking out line and be smooth about it, not awkward. If she hesitates at first, have a good funny comment that might get her to agree but don't push too hard.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Keep in mind that if you work in the service industry you often have to be nice to the costumers. Often it doesn't mean anything. But I get the feeling the way you describe the situation that she really likes you. Ask her out sometime when there aren't a lot of people waiting behind you so you can take more time.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Well I recently found out something that definitely changed my mind. I was at subway again and was talking with a old lady that works there. I knew who she was because I usually go to subway in the mourning's. She was saying how she was helping her daughter through school, and she help her get a job at subway. My first response was ''is your daughter name Maggie?''. She said her real name is Megan and that she's very friendly.

Though she has a very bad depression issue, she's doesn't feel like she's pretty, and has a boyfriend that treats her like garbage. At that point things started to make sense. So now I rather just be friendly with Maggie, and too also finding out she's 18 and about to graduate high school. I just wouldn't feel right dating her regardless.

Paul Walker dated a... 14 year old(?) when he first started dating her. Love knows no bounds man, don't let a number get in the way of it, if everything else feels great.

The boyfriend thing though, that can get in your way. Unfortunately a lot of people are too scared to break up with someone even though they want to. Getting friendly is probably a good move either way, scout out what's going on.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh, to EAT FRESH? I mean, c'mon.

Plus, they have a really GREAT, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL spokesman. He "loves" 6" Veggie subs, AND children, that guy!

Quantical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy a sandwich you heathen.