So, I was reading the DMC review and I laughed.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jman240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jman240
No Caption Provided

In the words of Persona 4 Golden's Yukiko... snrk!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

All right. The irrational have had their moment of anger and the people who think this sort of thing funny have had their laugh.

Can we stop talking about this fucking game now?

sikila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sikila

@believer258: Exactly. I´m not happy with the Score Brad gave DmC but I´ll deal with it. I don´t have to force my taste in Games on anyone else right?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck

I bet the person who commented after the first game went "Aha! Is this our chance?" and then wrote it.

Salbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Salbert

I'll never get over how supremely bizarre it is how much people care about other people's opinions of video games. It's as if people think the purpose of reviews are to reinforce your own opinion.Obviously, that's not what they're supposed to do at all. The only thing a review is worth is to get one person's opinion. When you look at it this way, reviews are an almost worthless thing.

So everyone stop caring about them, please.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@believer258 said:

Nope. Why? Because it's a pretty fucking good game. Not sure if it's five stars good yet, but I'm impressed with Ninja Theory's idea of a Devil May Cry game so far.

Deathcrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Deathcrush

I started out hating the game when it was anounced and bla bla... but after brads review i now actualy want to play it.!! and in devil trigger he gets a red coat and white hair so i am sort of satisfied

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rasmoss

People who thought Giant Bomb would provide them with critiques on the finer nuances on the fighting system and soliloquys on the series' legacy have clearly never visited the site before.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Sikila said:

@believer258: Exactly. I´m not happy with the Score Brad gave DmC but I´ll deal with it. I don´t have to force my taste in Games on anyone else right?

Why?

He enjoyed it enough to award it 5 stars? Why does that make you unhappy?

Reviews aren't designed to qualify your opinion.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

ZeroV2 = our very own hero of the web.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andorski

@SirOptimusPrime said:

He's SO FUCKING BRAVE.

sikila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sikila

@GetEveryone: Maybe that was a bad way to put it. Let´s just say i disagree with the Score he gave it.

I know that they aren´t. I would be one angry person if i was to think that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By musubi

@Andorski said:

@SirOptimusPrime said:

He's SO FUCKING BRAVE.

LarcenousLaugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LarcenousLaugh

@Demoskinos said:

@Andorski said:

@SirOptimusPrime said:

He's SO FUCKING BRAVE.

You win.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

@believer258 said:

Of course not. It's the big new game we're all supposed to hate.

I will say, though, that not only am I considering getting this game to spite the community, but also starting a thread to see if people have ever had similar experiences with other games.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Andorski said:

@SirOptimusPrime said:

He's SO FUCKING BRAVE.

I miss Heroes of the Web. Rest In Peace GFW Radio.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By MildMolasses

@believer258 said:

All right. The irrational have had their moment of anger and the people who think this sort of thing funny have had their laugh.

It only came out today? Why would we stop talking about a brand new game?

Expecting anyone but diehard fans of a series to do that is ridiculous. Major sites are not in the business of making sure that games stay true to their roots. They provide coverage of an entertainment medium and the only thing that matters is if this game is entertaining.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WMWA
@AlexanderSheen

@Andorski said:

@SirOptimusPrime said:

He's SO FUCKING BRAVE.

I miss Heroes of the Web. Rest In Piece GFW Radio.

*pours out a 40*
Phantomvirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Phantomvirus

Hey guys I really like this game, but you're all disappointed in me. I can tell.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, where's Shawn Elliott when you need him?

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maajin

@GetEveryone said:

@Sikila said:

Why?

He enjoyed it enough to award it 5 stars? Why does that make you unhappy?

Reviews aren't designed to qualify your opinion.

Yeah, why? I mean, really, I would love to understand better your reasoning.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By alternate
Anonymous asked:
The new DMC was developed by pretentious tools talking down to and berating old DMC fans and talking about how incredible the story was going to be. Then the game comes out and the cutscenes are even dumber than old DMC without any of the jokey attitude and gameplay and scoring have been simplified to almost God of War levels. Its not exactly surprising that people are pissed. It feels like no reviewer out there has the DMC love/experience to meaningfully compare the combat.
Jeff:
Or the original Devil May Cry fanbase went in with a chip on their shoulder and took every single bit of information about the new game as a personal affront. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for taking games seriously, but at some point people just get unhinged about the wrong shit. It’s not like EVERY DEVELOPER IN THE WORLD doesn’t say nice things about the game they’re currently developing or anything…
Move on. Devil May Cry is dead to you. That’s fine. Because it’s not like Capcom Japan was ever going to make a “real” sequel. If they had any meaningful intent in that department, they wouldn’t have let the US office make the deal with Ninja Theory in the first place. I’m not saying you have to like it, but letting it consume you like this doesn’t do you any good. Raging about it just spreads the name of the game even further than any marketing can. Pretend it doesn’t exist. Don’t read about it. Don’t talk about it. Or try to stop holding on so tightly and maybe give it a shot?
Either way, try to devote your energy to a game that you actually enjoy and champion it instead.

from Jeff's tumbler

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By mordukai

What the fuck is up with the quality of threads lately. When does posting a screen grab and a sentence counts as a discussion on the part of the OP. In the old days of GB this thread would have been locked as soon as it went up.

Slowly but surly these boards are turning into Gamespot.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24  Edited By granderojo

Can someone give me the image of the dude who cancelled his account?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I really wish I could hate this game as much as these people seem to be hating it, I feel left out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MildMolasses I don't know about that, there are certain members on the Bombcast that will go out of their way to shit on a game if it doesn't "appreciate" the fans of the series or what have you. There's one staff member in particular that will call a game like DmC a "slap in the face" while at the same time complaining that everyone in development is too craven of criticism.
Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Maajin

@Phantomvirus said:

Hey guys I really like this game, but you're all disappointed in me. I can tell.

Oh, you!!! *unsubscribed*

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

@thabigred said:

I don't have the image, but the user in question is this guy. All of his stuff on his ''activity'' is so hilariously pathetic, like the tin-foil conspiracy he posted on Brad's DmC & RE6 reviews, and his glorious ''GOODBYE FOREVER, SHEEPLE'' status update.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee said:

@thabigred said:

I don't have the image, but the user in question is this guy. All of his stuff on his ''activity'' is so hilariously pathetic, like the tin-foil conspiracy he posted on Brad's DmC & RE6 reviews, and his glorious ''GOODBYE FOREVER, SHEEPLE'' status update.

Oh, that fucking idiot. Yeah, he was the one who tried to rally everyone because "Ninja theory was taking down bad reviews!" Good riddance.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Holy crap! 816 comments on it right now? That's even more than Catherine's review! Incredible.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kermoosh

it's just one man's opinion, which is basically the internet, these people just have to stop being bitches

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Oldirtybearon HYSTERICAL. UPVOTED.
jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jmood88

I haven't read all 700+ comments so maybe I've missed some stuff but it seems like the anger over people being angry about the review is overblown. There are a few stupid comments but when I heard about the reaction, people made it seem like every page of comments was nothing but vitriol. It just seems like the typical reaction to a review.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm really not getting why people are so up and arms about this game. Are you all thinking it sucks after finishing the game? Or were you expecting a masterpiece? Someone bring me up to speed.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By pr1mus

@Yummylee said:

@thabigred said:

I don't get it. I mean you could smell the crazy on him with his thread about Ninja Theory pulling down bad reviews but after a while he started to become more reasonable. Then the review happens and he completely looses his shit and after that he asks how to remove status updates because it's embarrassing. At that point i though he would just go away and take a deep breath and never really leave the site like he "threatened". And it's only after all that that he goes and post the tin-foil hat conspiracy on the DmC and RE6 review.

It's just baffling. Pure insanity or Troll of the Century and it's making me crazy because i can't tell!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#36  Edited By Video_Game_King

@EpicSteve said:

I'm really not getting why people are so up and arms about this game.

Because how dare you change a beloved masterpiece of a game even though that's exactly what I ask for with every other video game that's ever existed!

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LikeaSsur

Hurray, I'm topical!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By Ghostiet
@EpicSteve said:

I'm really not getting why people are so up and arms about this game. Are you all thinking it sucks after finishing the game? Or were you expecting a masterpiece? Someone bring me up to speed.

The reasons for why DmC is so hated were discuss in detail, but in this particular case the outrage is because people need validation of their opinion by review sites and Brad failed to deliver on that. Which is a fucking stupid complaint in the first place, because I couldn't give two shits about a game getting 5 or 2 stars as long as I personally like it or not. Unless, of course, the review gets the facts wrong and completely misrepresents the game, like Justin McElroy's piece about Nier.

So yeah, it comes down to that - people have opinions and other people have opinions, so they are mad. I personally don't like the direction they've taken with this game, but if I'm going to go rant on the internet, I'll be ranting about the fucking game, not some guy's opinion about it.

@Pr1mus
That guy is so crazy it's hilarious. I don't know if I wish he would stay here forever and deliver bullshit like this on a daily basis or if he could go die in a fire. Unless he's joking and trolling. Because then, I want to give him a high five.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pyrodactyl

@jmood88 said:

I haven't read all 700+ comments so maybe I've missed some stuff but it seems like the anger over people being angry about the review is overblown. There are a few stupid comments but when I heard about the reaction, people made it seem like every page of comments was nothing but vitriol. It just seems like the typical reaction to a review.
Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rasmoss

@MildMolasses said:

@believer258 said:

It only came out today? Why would we stop talking about a brand new game?

Expecting anyone but diehard fans of a series to do that is ridiculous. Major sites are not in the business of making sure that games stay true to their roots. They provide coverage of an entertainment medium and the only thing that matters is if this game is entertaining.

Yeah, you misunderstood, I blame the people, not Brad. GB is only five guys, and you can't expect them to be passionate and knowledgeble about every single form of gaming.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41  Edited By granderojo

@Oldirtybearon: That's the one thanks.

@EpicSteve: some dudes who really liked the old devil may cry games don't like this one, just about every one of them saying it's now a button masher. We tried to reason with them at first but it's clear they're just insane.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee said:

@thabigred said:

Oh, that fucking idiot. Yeah, he was the one who tried to rally everyone because "Ninja theory was taking down bad reviews!" Good riddance.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cheesebob

@Oldirtybearon: That is fantastic!

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sanity

And humanity took another step back...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Milkman

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee said:

@thabigred said:

Yeah, pretty sure that guy is joking. He's pretty awesome in my book.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By s10129107

I don't understand how so many people rage before they even play the game. Why are they so sure its bad?

PompousDawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PompousDawson
@Salbert could not of put it better myself. So rational. It's like a breath of fresh air.
stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By stryker1121

@believer258 said:

How about a nice middle ground where we can discuss the game rationally? Or is all DmC conversation verboten.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sanity

@stryker1121 said:

@believer258 said:

How about a nice middle ground where we can discuss the game rationally? Or is all DmC conversation verboten.

Are you crazy? People don't discuss things rationally on the internet! Its either dont talk about it or scream like a 4 year old who dropped his ice cream.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mrfluke