This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@ReVamp: Here's a sampling of the posts on the front page of the Comic Vine forums right now.

"Midnighter vs. Draken,Wolverine,X 23,Romulus and Ares"

"Casandra vs. Gorgon"

"Superman/M. Manhunter/Blue Beetle vs. Gladiator/Iron Man/Doctor Doom"

"DeathStroke vs. Brotherhood"

"What's Going on in Your Mind Right Now...2.0"

and some fucking counting game.

It's really the fan fiction that scares me. It's just so different from any other Whiskey Media community. It doesn't really...fit in.

Fuck that. GB is falling behind Anime Vice and Comic Vine in the versus thread department.

I'm going to start my Master Chief vs. ???? threads now.

#102 Posted by ReVamp (30 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@ReVamp: Here's a sampling of the posts on the front page of the Comic Vine forums right now.

"Casandra vs. Gorgon"

It's really the fan fiction that scares me. It's just so different from any other Whiskey Media community. It doesn't really...fit in.

Yes, well. ComicVine is divided into 3 sub-communities. Battles and RPGs/Fanfics. Off-Topic. The Rest. People in Battles are crazy, in a good way though many of them are unsupportable, RPGers is something I have 0 experience in, so I won't comment. Fan-Fics is something that is quite comic among the internet comic-book community, however obviously not among other communities because you can't really write Fan-Fics about Games or Movies as well and if you do, then you're probably a comic book fan too. Off-Topic is basically a place to chill out, where members just banter, like the "What's going through your Mind 2.0".

All of the above also explain the higher post count, people just post in these topics which requires no effort, which isn't a bad (or good for that matter - simply neutral) thing.

All of these things are simply a statement to the ways which ComicVine has matured, since it was the original Whiskey Media site, if I'm not mistaken.

The last part, is just like Giant Bomb, except that it also has its fair share of trolls and fanboys, but its very similar.

#103 Posted by Clue (7 posts) -

Ah, fitting in...when'd Whiskey Media become High School?

@dudeglove said:

@Metal_Mills said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

39,000 comments? 143,000 comments?! That's some serious commitment.

I can't even imagine 143,000 comments. I post a LOT on Neogaf and have 11,000. I thought that was crazy. 143,000? What the fuck? I'd have to post near constantly about 12 hours a day.

When I first saw it I went as far as to do the math on it. Comic Vine started in 2006. That's, uh... five years. Divide 143,000 by five and you get 28,600 ish. So that's just over 28 thousand posts a year. Divide that by 365 and you get an average per day post count. So, if that particular user (and I'm kind of in awe of this) started posting in 2006, he would have to be posting 77 times a day on average. That user started posting in 2008, which brings his posting average up dramatically, but I'll let you figure that one out yourself.

And yes I know by writing this out I have proven that I don't have anything better than act like some asshole in a school playground.

And that you're ill-informed on how post count works over there. Just sayin'.

Also, I'm not sure what anyone's post count has to do with anyone here.

#104 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -

Also, GB is falling behind hard on the fan fiction side. Nothing has yet to top Ball's fanfic.

#105 Posted by AlexW00d (7570 posts) -
#106 Posted by Clue (7 posts) -
#107 Posted by Swoxx (3038 posts) -

This thread is pure platinum.

#108 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -

@AlexW00d: You would think the mods would close it. If it's allowed then there sure as shit needs to be one of those threads here.

#109 Posted by DjCmeP (1238 posts) -
#110 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -
#111 Posted by AlexW00d (7570 posts) -
#112 Posted by desperado_ (41 posts) -

@Milkman said:

"Casandra vs. Gorgon"

you forgot http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/and-on-october-11-2011-the-seed-of-war-was-planted-on-giant-bomb/636491/?

#113 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5098 posts) -

Hahahaha, Dudeglove screenshot on page 1.

And a moderator mentions someone who writes everything in poem. Is that Claude or something?

Also, can't we all just get along???????

#114 Posted by Milkman (19262 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/the-person-to-post-the-last-comment-wins-round-2/601310/?page=3569

Shit like that is why some users have such high post counts.

Also what is with users posting everything bolded and in italics.

Yeah, things like that really suck. There's a game on Comic Vine where people just count. That's it! The first person posts 1 and it just goes on for hundreds and hundreds of posts. It's fucking insanity.

Also, does Comic Vine have any subscriber exclusive content? Because almost no one there is a subscriber. There's a few here and there but even the mods aren't subscribers.

#115 Posted by FCKSNAP (2338 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

And a moderator mentions someone who writes everything in poem. Is that Claude or something?

Hitman.

But I also like how someone made an account just to post on here and call out Dudeglove on calling out KingSaturn.

#116 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

They're not allowed to swear on that site. We win by default. Fuck ya.

#117 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5098 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

They're not allowed to swear on that site. We win by default. Fuck ya.

Heck Fuck yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
#118 Posted by deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad (826 posts) -

Just did the quick math for that one 140,000 post guy.

To get 140,000 posts on these forums,

you'd have to post 77 times a day, everyday, for the next five years.

#119 Posted by desperado_ (41 posts) -

Comicvine is the shit!

We aren't weird.... we just like to dance.

Loading Video...
#120 Posted by Mercy_ (258 posts) -
@Little_Socrates

I declare this thread great.

Damn straight it is
#121 Posted by dudeglove (13684 posts) -

Well folks, if anything, this thread has encouraged cross-community interaction. Things can only get better from here.

@Athadam said:

(*cough* he started posting in 2008, that brings it to about 120 a day *cough*)

#122 Posted by ShaunK (1660 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@damswedon said:

There is a user who writes every fucking thing he (I'm assuming that) posts in Header 3 and then signs off with his initials.

DS (like that).

I want to punch him through the internet.

Yeah, well we have a user who posts as though he's writing a poem all the time.

I don't know. That sounds pretty hilarious. Especially if they are haikus. But yeah the guy who signs off sucks.

#123 Posted by AlexW00d (7570 posts) -

@Babs

Babs walked in and laughed at himleaves

Even the staff are trolls. That was the third post in an RPG thread.

#124 Posted by Clue (7 posts) -

I GROW BORED OF YOU, GB. YOU WAR LIKE OLD MEN. AND NOT THE COOL OLD MEN WHO WAR WITH GUNS, THE UNCOOL ONES THAT JUST YELL FROM THE STOOP.

#125 Posted by Metal_Mills (3529 posts) -
@Clue said:

@dudeglove said:

@Metal_Mills said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

I can't even imagine 143,000 comments. I post a LOT on Neogaf and have 11,000. I thought that was crazy. 143,000? What the fuck? I'd have to post near constantly about 12 hours a day.

When I first saw it I went as far as to do the math on it. Comic Vine started in 2006. That's, uh... five years. Divide 143,000 by five and you get 28,600 ish. So that's just over 28 thousand posts a year. Divide that by 365 and you get an average per day post count. So, if that particular user (and I'm kind of in awe of this) started posting in 2006, he would have to be posting 77 times a day on average. That user started posting in 2008, which brings his posting average up dramatically, but I'll let you figure that one out yourself.

And yes I know by writing this out I have proven that I don't have anything better than act like some asshole in a school playground.

Then clue us in, clue. How exactly do post counts work so radically different there? Because unless it goes up by 10 each time you post, won't make much of a difference.
#126 Posted by desperado_ (41 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@Babs

Babs walked in and laughed at himleaves

Even the staff are trolls. That was the third post in an RPG thread.

Babs is a sexy chick who reads comics. She can do as she pleases.

#127 Posted by Clue (7 posts) -

@Metal_Mills said:

@Clue said:

@dudeglove said:

@Metal_Mills said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

Then clue us in, clue. How exactly do post counts work so radically different there? Because unless it goes up by 10 each time you post, won't make much of a difference.

It goes up every time I talk about yamomma.

#128 Posted by Swoxx (3038 posts) -

@Clue said:

I GROW BORED OF YOU, GB. YOU WAR LIKE OLD MEN. AND NOT THE COOL OLD MEN WHO WAR WITH GUNS, THE UNCOOL ONES THAT JUST YELL FROM THE STOOP.

You get off our lawn you young-ling!!

#129 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1900 posts) -

There's only one logical way to settle this: A GiantBomb v Comic Vine MvC3 tournament. Giantbomb can only use Capcom characters and Comic Vine, Marvel.

#130 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -
@Tarsier

@mylifeforAiur said:

Hey, guys! I heard that Anime Vice sucks, too! And all the weirdos congregate at Tested! Screened? Full of pansies. Giantbomb? The last bastion of sanity on the Internet.

i think anime vice is the only one that is truly a bad site.

screened and tested are great, comic vine i have no interest in, but i see the appeal for 13 yr olds

I see what you did there.
#131 Posted by Swoxx (3038 posts) -

@SoldierG654342 said:

There's only one logical way to settle this: A GiantBomb v Comic Vine MvC3 tournament. Giantbomb can only use Capcom characters and Comic Vine, Marvel.

Fucking yes!

#132 Posted by Clue (7 posts) -
@Swoxx said:

@Clue said:

You get off our lawn you young-ling!!

@Tarsier said:

i see the appeal for 13 yr olds

#133 Posted by Clue (7 posts) -

Someone buy my broke ass MvC3 and I'll gladly whoop your asses in it.

#134 Posted by desperado_ (41 posts) -

@SoldierG654342 said:

I only have Mortal Kombat 9. I would whoop your GB asses at that game.

#135 Posted by Gruff182 (1065 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

@Axxol said:

We're just as bad as they are.

fuck you no we're not, we're the nicest people anywhere, you cunt.

I'm not going to lie, that cracked me up.

#136 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1900 posts) -

@desperado_ said:

@SoldierG654342 said:

Throwing down in MK makes no sense.

But if it comes to that; bring it, bitches.

#137 Posted by SlightConfuse (3996 posts) -

@SoldierG654342 said:

@desperado_ said:

@SoldierG654342 said:

But if it comes to that; brink it, bitches.

MK vs DC?/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe/61-20449/

#138 Posted by desperado_ (41 posts) -

@SoldierG654342 said:

@desperado_ said:

@SoldierG654342 said:

But if it comes to that; brink it, bitches.

Ok Reese Witherspoon... ITS BEEN BRUNG!

#139 Posted by Metal_Mills (3529 posts) -
@Clue said:

@Metal_Mills said:

@Clue said:

@dudeglove said:

@Metal_Mills said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

It goes up every time I talk about yamomma.

I can see why so many CV people have high post counts. They reply and post about anything.
#140 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1900 posts) -

@slightconfuse: Let's not be crazy now.

#141 Posted by DG991 (1435 posts) -

My main problem with that site is that Comic books don't interest normal people unless they read them back when ... well back before the internet.

I have no problem with an adult reading comics because they did so back when they were younger and continue to do so.

I fail to see how someone who is 25 or younger could have possibly grown up with comics unless a parent or older sibling shared with them.

It baffles me that there are enough people out there to justify 'coverage' of comic related news... it's also the most boring part of the whiskey media happy hour when they get up there and talk about comics. I do think that girl is somewhat cute and entertaining though. To bad she doesn't cover stuff like movies/tv/video games blah blah blah

And something that pisses me off about screened is the total lack of caring Rorie and Alex seem to have for the awesome job they have. Not to mention... Alex is not a likable personality imo. I still like them though.

Tested....... I just... *face palm*

they are awesome but... God damn do they get so opinionated. And they often do it without realizing it. They completely dismiss a point of view if it doesn't line up with them. Then again, so does Giant Bomb on occasion when they talk about people who love counter strike, or who think that the cell shaded zelda was not in good taste, or the people who want an honest Nintendo attempt at a darker zelda.

Or people who buy racing wheels... whats wrong with that?

Anyways... tl;dr

Whiskey media is pretty cool, but comic vine sucks.

#142 Posted by Dagbiker (7057 posts) -

Someone needs to Photoshop/After effects the showdown scene in Ron Burgundy:Anchorman with Avatars of GB / CV users and post it.

#143 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

Now these are the kind of Versus' threads I like.  It wouldn't surprise me that deep down, behind all the RPG stuff, Anime Vice is secretly laughing at all of us, waiting patiently to strike and take over once this insurrection has destroyed us all.

#144 Edited by Swoxx (3038 posts) -

All this post count talk. I feel obliged to toss you people in this direction

Edit: Oh man. My post count is now 1234. I can never post again. Good bye folks!

#145 Posted by TheSmashing (321 posts) -

comic vine is a parasite.

#146 Edited by Rudyftw (555 posts) -

@SmashingTimes said:

comic vine is a parasite.

Woah, woah, woah.... Comicvine is pretty sweet dude. Sure it has some faults, but so does this place.

@Dagbiker said:

Someone needs to Photoshop/After effects the showdown scene in Ron Burgundy:Anchorman with Avatars of GB / CV users and post it.

haha YES! I will you give you a digital high 5 if you do!

@courtney12490:

Ayyyyyyye! *Fonzie thumbs*

You left CV?

#147 Posted by Mercy_ (258 posts) -

And this thread is relatively accurate.

Im not at CV for the news (because it's lackluster) and I'm not there because everybody is amazing. I started as a wiki editor and then became an RPGer. I'm neither of those anymore, at least not there. But I stay because I do have a pretty large group of people there who I seriously enjoy conversing with.

That being said, one of the reasons that I so love perusing the GB forums is because of the wit and snark that is put in pretty much every post.
#148 Posted by Mercy_ (258 posts) -
@dudeglove

Well folks, if anything, this thread has encouraged cross-community interaction. Things can only get better from here.

@Athadam said:

(*cough* he started posting in 2008, that brings it to about 120 a day *cough*)

The 2008 thing is actually a bug. June 6, 2008 is the day that CV was incorporated into Whiskey Media and everything that was added to the site before that date, with the exception of threads, has that date as the day it was created /added/joined.
#149 Posted by Swoxx (3038 posts) -

@courtney12490: lolz u a smelly person.

Something like that right?

#150 Posted by Mercy_ (258 posts) -
@Clue Alt accounts are a bannable offense on GB.