• 116 results
Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Chocobodude3

We know Felicity Jones character's name, and see Forest Whitaker, a little bit of Diago Luna, Donnie Yen and Jing Wen in action scenes. How well do you think it will do compared to The Force Awakens in terms of box office?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Wait, isn't this the Han Solo movie?

Oh wait, it's the Jango Fett movie right?

Wait, is she Jango Fett?

No, Jango is a dude, we saw him in Ep. II.

Where's Jango?

Am I making this up?

I'm confused.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Humanity

I originally thought this was going to be about just stealing the deathstar plans. If she actually goes over to the Empire and becomes some crack tie-fighter pilot that is a lot more exciting, because Tie Fighters are fucking awesome.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I don't know... there is visually something off here that does not jive with the star wars.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm excited for this because of the director. I loved his previous movies (Monster and Godzilla) so I'm interested in seeing what he does with Star Wars. Doesn't look like there will be any lightsabers so this is going to be different. Can't wait!

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GARY WHITTA!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@humanity: this all culminates in the sudden announcement that TIE Fighter 2016 is coming to PC this summer! :(

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like a slightly risky venture, a big Star Wars movie without a lightsaber in sight.
Looks better than I thought it would.
Also, was that Tarkin? That was Tarkin, wasn't it?

Shambala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brandondryrock

I'm more interested now after seeing that trailer. I love the main story of Star Wars, but it is a really interesting universe, so I'm glad that they are taking risks to telling stories outside of the Skywalker family.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Someone freeze me and thaw me out in December!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't know... there is visually something off here that does not jive with the star wars.

I felt the same way! Maybe that's on purpose to separate themselves from the main series? I won't complain as I am happy I live in a time where Star Wars is getting new movies, but something didn't feel right about the trailer.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_victor_bravo: Possibly because there's nothing involving The Force in this trailer. I love the thought of a Star Wars movie that's not focused on the space wizards. I especially like how there's not even a mention or hint of Darth Vader in this trailer, but you know that he has to show up at some point in the movie and just wreck rebels.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

Man, I'm not one to normally make the 'milking that franchise' kind of comment, but as someone that doesn't love the films (a lot of the games are great, and I like the assortment of aliens, worlds, and tech), and really didn't care for Force Awakens, this is not exciting, especially how soon after Force Awakens this is. This is just way too soon, though it is expected of course. Eh. Who is directing this one?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By hassun

Looks OK. Nothing special. Could be good, could be bad. It's really funky to see Donnie Yen in a Star Wars film though. Even if he's playing a predictable melee fighting master of sorts. The teaser alone already confirms they are putting him to better use than the The Raid cast.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mellotronrules

@ntm said:

Man, I'm not one to normally make the 'milking that franchise' kind of comment, but as someone that doesn't love the films (a lot of the games are great, and I like the assortment of aliens and tech), and really didn't care for Force Awakens, this is not exciting, especially how soon after Force Awakens this is. This is just way too soon, though it is expected of course. Eh. Who is directing this one?

i generally cosign this statement. star wars has always been about long waits and hype- i guess those days are gone.

yeah, i feel that. i'm not down on it- but it doesn't feel consistent with the past (neither positive nor negative).

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Yeah i'm finding it hard to get into this trailer, that doesn't mean the final movie will be terrible though. It's just missing something that i can't quite put my finger on.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Looks cool. Very cool.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

There's something about the main character that I just don't like from this trailer.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was pretty worried about all these spin-offs they have planned (and I guess I should still be worried until the movie is actually out) but that seemed pretty fucking cool.

Ydross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isnt the story of this movie the same than the classic Dark Force game but with a girl stealing the Death Star plan instead of a guy?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Didn't do much for me, was kinda dull.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, this is looking way more interesting to me than The Force Awakens.

Also, Ben Mendelsohn is fantastic actor, and having him as the primary villain is going to be fantastic.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

*shaking uncontrollably*

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, that's totally doin it for me. Kylie Katarn gonna kick some ass. I'd love for that end bit to not just be a red herring though. Showing the journey of a Rebel legit defecting to the Empire would be pretty fucking cool.

Noelle808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Noelle808

I liked Gareth Edwards' Godzilla more than any JJ Abrams movie (including TFA), so I'm looking forward to this.

That said, the rendition of the Luke Skywalker theme in this trailer is corny as hell.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheHT

Yeah, there's a crispness and cold colour clarity (a bit desaturated too?) to it that feels off, and makes it end up looking more like a really well done fan movie. The Force Awakens had the same issue.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, this is from the guy who directed the new Godzilla? Hope the trailer's not deceiving, because that movie almost put me to sleep.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, is this not a sequel to the Force Awakens?

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Really intrigued by this trailer. A gritty heist movie in the Star Wars universe seems like a really cool idea, especially for this story. December can't get here soon enough.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched episode 7 for the first time last night. Didn't blow me away. Then again, neither does any of the other star wars movies. They have a fantastic universe to play with, and (mostly) waste it on cliche story telling. It was cringe worthy to see people who just meet each other form unbreakable bonds so quickly. Finn and Poe were with eachother for 5 minutes, and when they meet up again near the end it's like they've been lifetime Bros. Rey knew Han for 5 minutes and he's already the father she never had (according to kylo ren when he was doing the force mind fuck stuff). The fantastic world building helps me to ignore some of the dumb stuff, but it's still annoying.

This (rogue one) looks a bit more interesting to me, mostly because it's a side story set in the same universe. The main story was always going to be bad guys vs good guys, but with a side story they might be able to play around a bit more with character motivation, conflict, etc.

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool, but I'm still kind of bummed that the announced one-offs so far are all dealing with existing events/characters. Hoping they'll let someone do a movie that's not related to anything else, KOTOR-style.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the idea of them going in some different directions with these side stories. Color me interested!

Also Mark Hamill's expression in the little ending annotation/link block is fantastic.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#37  Edited By Yummylee

A two-minute long trailer counts as a 'teaser'?

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Pretty cool I guess, it's weird they decided to go with this non-kanan version though. Not even close to the crew that actually stole the plans for the Murderball.

totaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought The Force Awakens was awful. This looks sooo much better!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I suddenly realized maybe I don't want a whole bunch of Star Wars movies...

I dunno. This world of remakes and revivals has ruined me for things. I should be excited but I can't help but feel cynical/stupid. Something about how polished but dusty this looks bothers me, so that says a lot about my feelings I think. I guess this is just what happens when Star Wars goes from being a memory and back to a real life product. Obviously I will see it when it comes out but colour me neutral today.

Also, this is a huge nitpick, but, come on... "aggravated assault"? Is Star Wars just on Earth now? Even the laws are the same? "They had you for a B&E damn it!"

@hassun said:

Looks OK. Nothing special. Could be good, could be bad. It's really funky to see Donnie Yen in a Star Wars film though. Even if he's playing a predictable melee fighting master of sorts. The teaser alone already confirms they are putting him to better use than the The Raid cast.

Yeah I have to admit, seeing Donnie Yen made my feel.. wrong. I mean, cool, I love Donnie Yen. But Donnie Yen is in Star Wars? Nuts. So there's Kung Fu now?

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#42  Edited By Cav829

Keeping in mind I thought the original Force Awakens trailer was kind of eh, this looks more interesting to me than that did. But I admit I'm totally into the group of badasses infiltrates enemy stronghold type storyline.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for this because of the director. I loved his previous movies (Monster and Godzilla) so I'm interested in seeing what he does with Star Wars. Doesn't look like there will be any lightsabers so this is going to be different. Can't wait!

Yeah, I like Gareth Edwards for this. I was saying this earlier, the dude deals in scale really well (see: Monsters, Godzilla) and I think that'll show in the AT-AT stuff and hopefully something cool with the Star Destroyers. I guess where I'm concerned is the writing team behind it. Gary Whitta (friend of the site and good guy) doesn't exactly seem to have the best track record, but maybe he's just getting paired with some not so hot directors. Haven't seen a lot of Chris Weitz stuff, but I like what I've seen and I heard good things about Golden Compass.

Who knows. I'm curious as hell about this. And, I like what they're doing with this franchise right now. Spreading these films out across several directors who're all pretty unique from each other and all pretty good at owning their style. Got to admit I like this approach so much more than Marvel's attempt to sort of genericize their style across all of their movies.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All hail the new Extended Universe!

Looks cool.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'll watch because forrest Whittakers in it. Hope they dont over saturate the market with star wars movies though.

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This looks much better than expected! Fingers crossed!

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cagliostro88

In my heart it will always be Kyle Katarn the one that stole the Death Star's plans

WelshCleats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WelshCleats

Looks great! I'm excited to see what Gary Whitta spun up as a Star Wars spinoff story.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

In my heart it will always be Kyle Katarn the one that stole the Death Star's plans

This could still be the case, there is nothing yet the says it isn't, just because Disney flushed the EU doesn't mean they aren't willing to salvage stuff from it, and Kyle Katarn was pretty cool.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh it's a movie? For some reason I thought it was going to be a low budget TV show. Funny how it even looks like a TV show.