So this American sweet shop just opened in the UK....

• 73 results
Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

And I'm finally getting the chance to taste all the foods I've been seeing on TV!! They sell cereal as well, so far I've only had Lucky Charms but I've seen Jolly Rancher Candies and Twinkies!!

I just thought I'd ask all you legendary GBombers, what should I seek out in this illustrious shop of dreams?

I still want that Oreo pizza you guys did, but we'll never get it :(

Cheers!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By N7

Get some Funyuns. I cannot, for the life of me, fathom the idea that other people around the world, not just to mention people from our country haven't even heard of them, it's ridiculous. I've lived and died on Funyuns.

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Haha see its things like that were I go 'OH SHIT MAN OBVIOUSLY!'.

AbsobloodyDEFINITELY I'll get on them!! Are snickerdoodles a thing, or is that a made up thing that isnt sold?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pazy

I have a shop around here...Americandy? But they are stupidly dear so I havent tried anything yet.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Someone had to.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Gav47

@N7 said:

Get some Funyuns. I cannot, for the life of me, fathom the idea that other people around the world, not just to mention people from our country haven't even heard of them, it's ridiculous. I've lived and died on Funyuns.

They're just called onion rings over here.

wookie912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wookie912

Snickerdoodles exist.. they are a type of cookie, topped with cinnamon and sugar typicaly. If they have it try an Abbazabba. Taffy like candy, stuffed with peanut butter. sounds bad but its excellent.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kgb0515

I read the title of this at first and thought it said American sweat shop. Honest mistake.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mandude

I wish a UK sweet shop would open up here...

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MethodMan008

Cookies and cream hersheys bar.

That is probably world wide though I guess..

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@kgb0515 said:

I read the title of this at first and thought it said American sweat shop. Honest mistake.
killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By killacam

warheads. fun dip. bertie bott's every flavour beans.. oh wait

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akyho

Amerikandy I presume is the shop. I have one local. Me and Friends walked in and we were shocked by the freaking prices. Understandable due to import but forks.

So we had Twinkies...they were heavy and kind of sickly. I also tried root beer...a year ago I bought Sarsae from a Chinese market. They taste the same, and they both taste like dentist chemicals. Dont drink the proper American Mountain dew after drinking Root beer...its like eating a lemon scented urinal cake. BAAAAD Idea.

Lucky charms or variants had them plenty of time over the years. However £8 a box?! that is $16 for lucky charms......

I decided to treat myself to an old treat. Flipz. Chocolate covered Pretzels, they were released here years ago then disappeared. So got to enjoy them again.

Still trying to figure out any other things I want since I look and go. Thats a Lion bar, that's a picnic and so on.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ThePickle

@killacam said:

warheads. fun dip.

Yes.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Brians

eat that Pizza with hotdog crust that The United Kingdom has and report back on that please.

wookie912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wookie912

$16 for lucky charms? Christ.. I thought paying $5 for a box at the grocery store was expensive... Then again.. i havent had them since i was a kid. WWAAAy too sweet for me now...

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By monetarydread

I'm still a fan of nickel candy. By that I mean, gummy bears, worms, cola bottles, fuzzy peaches, cinnamon lips, big feet, sour keys and the like.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hughesman

ring pops and cheerwine.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uhtaree

Sour Patch Kids, Dots, Almond Joy, Snickers, Hershey Mini bars (Mr. Goodbar, Krakel, Hershey, Special Dark), Starbursts.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By napalm

@Gav47 said:

@N7 said:

Onion rings are something totally different, though.

Also, prepare to be a fatass, OP!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BraveToaster

I really want some candy right now, but one piece will make me want to pig-out on the stuff. Eat some Airheads for me.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WickedFather

All American chocolate tastes like bacon fat mixed with paint.

EDIT: and sick, mixed with sick.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mikemcn

@BraveToaster said:

I really want some candy right now, but one piece will make me want to pig-out on the stuff. Eat some Airheads for me.

Something I always did with airheads was to hold the airhead package by one end, and shake it back and forth until it shrinks down as far as it will go. They sorta act like a fluid... they're not very natural at all, but good, so when you shake it, it settles out and shrinks. You get this really dense mass of sugary-fruity goo.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By penguindust
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iam3green

snickers are great.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By AlexW00d

@iam3green said:

snickers are great.

We have had those here for years. Back when they were called Marathon bars.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scooper

Got a new sweet shop here too that is selling little cans of Mountain Dew for £1.70 each. Piss offfffff.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MikkaQ

@Gav47 said:

@N7 said:

Onion rings and Funyuns aren't at all the same though. Onion rings are breaded and deep-fried onions, Funyons are a cornbread product that simulates the general taste and shape of onion rings. An important distinction.

In terms of ridiculous candy and cereal, try Reese's cereal. It's peanut butter and chocolate flavored cereal. I wouldn't eat it often, but it was kinda fun trying it when it came out years ago. It's a good example of how stupid our food can get. A cereal form of a chocolate candy is pretty fucking crazy.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By Sambambo

There is a place in Manchester that sells US stuff that has just opened up, but it is a pile of shite.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mandude

@WickedFather said:

All American chocolate tastes like bacon fat mixed with paint. EDIT: and sick, mixed with sick.

Aye. Some of their candy is interesting, but fuck. Chocolate is disgusting as fuck.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kindgineer

@N7 said:

Oh wow, I was under the impression we were the foreigners eating that product. It just sounds European to me.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Spoonman671

What's the word on Reese's stuff over there?  If you don't have them, then head for that shop and pick up a Nutrageous bar.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gav47

@MikkaQ said:

@Gav47 said:

@N7 said:

Onion rings and Funyuns aren't at all the same though. Onion rings are breaded and deep-fried onions, Funyons are a cornbread product that simulates the general taste and shape of onion rings. An important distinction.

No Caption Provided
Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gav47

@GenocidalKitten said:

@mandude said:

@WickedFather said:

All American chocolate tastes like bacon fat mixed with paint. EDIT: and sick, mixed with sick.

Aye. Some of their candy is interesting, but fuck. Chocolate is disgusting as fuck.

Well, now I want to taste chocolate from the UK our chocolate can't be that much worse.

Stolen from Hamst3r

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37483017&postcount=10211

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Justin258

Looks like I'm not the only one that read the titles as "American Sweat Shop".

Anyway, I just recommend not going for it. Sixteen dollars for a box of fucking Lucky Charms? Shit, that's crazy. Then again, I don't eat much candy in the first place.

Do they sell Sun Drop?

EDIT: Forgot that Sun Drop hasn't been distributed nationwide, or hasn't been for long. So I doubt they'd have that.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By N7
@Gav47 said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Gav47 said:

@N7 said:

No Caption Provided
I can tell just from the look that those things are completely different.
J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By J12088

It sounds expensive. Theres a shop in London that sells this stuff. It also sells salt and vinegar crickets. Bacon and cheese worms too i believe.

Anyway heres the website for it. Cheaper than your shop by the sounds of it.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WickedFather
@Gav47 said:

@GenocidalKitten said:

@mandude said:

@WickedFather said:

Well, now I want to taste chocolate from the UK our chocolate can't be that much worse.

Stolen from Hamst3r

Wow, cheers for that.  The girlfriend will love that little nugget.

@J12088 said:

It sounds expensive. Theres a shop in London that sells this stuff. It also sells salt and vinegar crickets. Bacon and cheese worms too i believe.

Anyway heres the website for it. Cheaper than your shop by the sounds of it.

I had the bacon and cheese crickets on my birthday.  People were a bit squeemish then it turned into a scramble.  The taste is completely buried by the flavouring which is a shame as I'd love to say "Oh, that tastes a hella cricketty!"
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MikkaQ

@Gav47 said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Gav47 said:

@N7 said:

No Caption Provided

Goddammit, must the GB ruin all that is holy? What the hell do you call actual onion rings as I've described them? Or pray tell, do they not exist there? Cause that's an honest tragedy.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By beej

@mandude said:

@WickedFather said:

You know not all chocolate in America is made by Hershey's right? It's a pretty big place and I'd be willing to bet there are lots of local confectionaries that only sell to a single state or region, hell I know of a few around me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NTM

What's the "shop" called? Also, everything you've mentioned up there sounds disgusting.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AlexW00d

@MikkaQ: They're called onion rings.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Akyho

@Spoonman671 said:

What's the word on Reese's stuff over there? If you don't have them, then head for that shop and pick up a Nutrageous bar.

The Reeses situation is ok. Most places dont always stock Reeses, however my local Petrol/gas station shop has Reeses Cups, Reeses Pieces and Reeses Nutrageous bar.

While the Nutrageous bar pales compared to some other peanut butter based sweets I have had. Cups and Pieces are amazing! Althou forces you to ration them a little. Too much and it all suddenly becomes a bad idea.

There was the Peanut Lion bar, Which was a bar like the nutragoues except it had pyramid cells of wafer each one filled with peanutbutter, and you would get 6 of them in the one bar. However that was the old version, they brought it back and its not at all the same. just layer of peanutbutter between wafers and more nuts about it. Not that greaty

Trying a variety of American chocolate. Not that great versus the stuff we are used to.

Ill dip into some of the american bars tomorrow and give my final judgement....thats if those Flipz dont suck up my money first. £4.99 for a bag...thats $8.

A bar of 5th avenue or other smiler bars is £1.50 whichs translate to $2.50 roughly.

The bars that are already sold here price drops to 65p the standard price for most chocolate like Snickers, Mars bar and such. However those are not imported and locally sourced even if there is an American version. They dont import them.

They do have marshmallow fluff...tempted to buy a jar. However....guess the price? £8 as we know is $16 roughly.

Twinkies are £1.75 that is one single twinkie in a wrapper. translates to $3. a whole box of 24 Twinkies. £16 translate to $28.

Yeah its a crazy store.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Our candy is mostly gross

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MikkaQ

@AlexW00d said:

@MikkaQ: They're called onion rings.

I think some rebranding might be in order. Also funyuns is a pretty great stupid name for a snack food.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49  Edited By GS_Dan

@Gav47 said:

@GenocidalKitten said:

@mandude said:

@WickedFather said:

Stolen from Hamst3r

That explains everything.

faxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By faxon

im in the uk!!! where is this shop?