So why do you think nice guys have trouble with girls?

• 140 results
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Karmum said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
"

They don't act like a man, it's that simple. When your nice, your hiding yourself being a man because you are trying to chiverious, or chivery. Unlike jerks who acts like a man and shows confidence.

"
Ah, yes, just now figured out that I'm not a man because I'm not a scumbag. Genius logic and best post in this topic. Didn't know you could be "nice" (if that is the term we want to throw around - a ridiculous one by the way) and have confidence.  Thanks for the insight, bro! "
By definition, the "nice" guy is one who lacks confidence. You can be nice and be a confident guy. That's the "good guy"; I posted about the good guy a couple pages back. 

For everyone else here, I'm going to say this one more time. When we talk about the "nice guy", we not talking about a guy who is simply a nice person. We are talking about the stereotypical guy who is too nice, too shy, and doesn't have enough confidence to chase or challenge the girl that he wants.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By damnboyadvance

Not all of them do. I mean, the really nice ones, the ones that dare not be mean, are usually weak or something. (no offense.) So it's more obvious that the man can't protect the girl, which is what a girl usually also looks for, maybe without even noticing it.

Now, I sometimes have trouble getting girls. But I don't know what I'd blame it on. I'm a nice guy, but not that nice. I'm willing to man up when needed. Maybe it's just the fact that I don't usually ask that many girls out; they ask me out. Which can be just as cool. :)

lovecreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By lovecreep

"
@lovecreep said:
" because women are shallow (just an opinion i have gained from experince) "
not any more shallow than men. just sayin'. "
@raegunz_:
Maybe my opinion is skewed one way but i don't think that is true.  no woman has given me an honest attempt in a romantic relationship... hell even in a friend ship due to the fact i am freakish ugly. woman arn't just after looks either they loooove money. all other things are unimportent... you could be the nicest person to them and they will still drop you for some one else the minute some one comes by better looking or with more money then you are. it's happend to me like 4 times already.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Don't worry. Eventually the girls that are all into the badass guys will realize that they are all ass hats and start to look towards the guys that are actually nice and not treat them like shit.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Hot_Karl
@lovecreep said:

"

"
@lovecreep said:
" because women are shallow (just an opinion i have gained from experince) "
not any more shallow than men. just sayin'. "@raegunz_: Maybe my opinion is skewed one way but i don't think that is true.  no woman has given me an honest attempt in a romantic relationship... hell even in a friend ship due to the fact i am freakish ugly. woman arn't just after looks either they loooove money. all other things are unimportent... you could be the nicest person to them and they will still drop you for some one else the minute some one comes by better looking or with more money then you are. it's happend to me like 4 times already. "
I think what happened resulted from two things. One, the girls you seemed to have been after were callous, shallow bitches. (Sorry if I offended any women here. I'm not a misogynist, but this is the only term that can describe these girls adequately.) So that's not your fault. What IS your fault is the second thing- the low self-esteem. If you tell yourself that girls just want money or that you're not good enough for them or you're ugly or whatever, then you'll start believing and becoming that person. You've gotta find what's making you think this and fix that. Do you consider yourself ugly? Then hit the gym, get a haircut and buy some new clothes, it'll help wonders. Are you boring? Then read or start going on adventures with friends so you have stories to tell everyone. Find your inner game and fix that. Become the most attractive person you can possibly be and the rest will come easy to you. Well, not that easy, since hot girls won't suddenly fall on your lap from the sky. But being attractive in all respects will make talking to girls a hell of a lot easier. 

EDIT: We should totally get a sticky for this thread. Help Giant Bombers from becoming the "nice guy" and all.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ahriman22

Because a lot of girls are whores and whores are emotional and physical masochists that love getting treated like shit and having abortions.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Black_Raven

I think you're getting nice mixed up with shy/reserved. I can explain why shy guys get less attention but it's kinda obvious.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#108  Edited By Marz

Nice guys get single moms.....   used goods is better than none.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By meteora

This thread makes me feel as if I absolutely screwed myself over any chances of getting myself a girl.

Blah. Bollocks to this!

/wrists

Why are we discussing about the stereotypical type of "nice guy" anyways? Its pretty well defined I might think.

mubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#110  Edited By mubblegum

I don't think this is always the case. I am marrying a "nice guy" soon. Part of it is also probably a maturity issue.

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Log

Just from personal experience most " girls" are just trying to find someone whos exciting. Problem is exciting usually translates to asshole but theyve already gotten somewhat emotionally invested into the relationship so they stick with the same douche till they do something so heinous that its unforgivable. Im a pretty good looking guy, not fucking gorgeous or anything but i do well enough with women and the saddest thing that ive found is ive met some really beautiful/smart girls who are completely emotionally cut off because of some dickbag that treated them like shit and theyre so scared of opening up that it ruins my relationship with them.

Dave Chappelle was dead on when he said " Chivalry is dead... and women killed it." At some point being respectfull, intelligent, and moderately physically attractive stopped doing the job, instead you also have to treat everyone around you like theyre below you and have an unentilted sense of self-worth.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By natetodamax
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

They don't act like a man, it's that simple. When your nice, your hiding yourself being a man because you are trying to chiverious, or chivery. Unlike jerks who acts like a man and shows confidence.

"
So in order for me to be a man I have to act like a complete douchebag? Seriously, that was the dumbest thing I've read in a while.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113  Edited By Evilsbane
@Abyssfull said:
" @VinceNotVance said:
" @bigsmoke77 said:
" Just like how men like Cleavage because it shows they would be able to support their offspring. "
Usually when I see a pair of breasts, the first thing that comes into my mind isn't "I should have babies with that girl because then my kids will get all the nutrition they need from her breast milk, obviously." "

More it's "I should have babies with that girl because then I will get all the nutrition I need from her breast milk'' "
Rofl, yes.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Lol they don't

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#115  Edited By Jeust
@Log said:

" Just from personal experience most " girls" are just trying to find someone whos exciting. Problem is exciting usually translates to asshole but theyve already gotten somewhat emotionally invested into the relationship so they stick with the same douche till they do something so heinous that its unforgivable. Im a pretty good looking guy, not fucking gorgeous or anything but i do well enough with women and the saddest thing that ive found is ive met some really beautiful/smart girls who are completely emotionally cut off because of some dickbag that treated them like shit and theyre so scared of opening up that it ruins my relationship with them.  Dave Chappelle was dead on when he said " Chivalry is dead... and women killed it." At some point being respectfull, intelligent, and moderately physically attractive stopped doing the job, instead you also have to treat everyone around you like theyre below you and have an unentilted sense of self-worth. "

I agree with you.  

But at least for me, being chivalrous still works, and i wouldn't degrade myself just to "score with a heap of women". For me there are much more important things than that, even if it causes me pain and sadness when i think about some episodes.  
Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#116  Edited By Julmust

Because you picked the wrong girl, get someone who isn't a goddamn idiot.

Avalanche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Avalanche

Because the chicks want you to be rude with them!

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Actually I change my answer, It's because they nice guys are too scared to go for most girls and too dumb to go for the nice girls instead.

Smashlampjaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Smashlampjaw

Whatcha gotta do, is be like Bigben and just stick your penis out and show it too them, they go wild for that.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@natetodamax: It might be the dumbest thing you ever heard, however it's not unheard of that these girls goes after these jerks. All these guys has girlfriends and you can't say the same about all the average fustrated males out there can you? It's actually the most accurate statement of this entire thread, the results speaks for themselves. 

Maybe you didn't read my other statements, no one said you had to be a jerk, however jerks does find girlfriends because these girls mistaken that behavior as confidence. You just have to be confident and act like a man and acting like a jerk is optional, that works just as well. However you still have to display confidence and that's not exactly easy, some ppl has to fake that. Honestly you ain't getting any if you act like a average furstrated wimp, you will be filter out into the friend zone. Thanks for calling me dumb or implying it, good luck with getting a hot girlfriend that way, or keeping one without confidence yet being nice.

Let's look at mating patterns and the animal kindom, we aren't that different. There is always an alpha male in the group, it's the same with humans. These jerks acts like them, they get all the females and is the leader of the group. Having confidence like an alpha male, or these jerks is what drives biological attraction to the opposite sex. (Remember when brucie in gta4 saying stay alpha? That's where the saying is from) Not just some wimp in the corner, that gets you nowhere unless you want to get married later on. You can still be an alpha male, however you have to realise by what I said ealier how nice guys doesn't show desire, animal instinct, anger, trying to be chiverious, they aren't acting out their alpha male role, that resembles a female role, being shy, nervous hiding their feelings a total push over. That's the truth and why they are attractive to the opposite sex. Sure looks are important, they aren't everything, females will go out with an ugly jerk if he acts like the alpha male mistaken as confidence. The results speaks for themselves since we see this happening all the time and they support my arguement even if you aren't aware of it yet. I stand by my statement 100%
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#121  Edited By guiseppe

Dumb "hot" chicks go after dumb "hot" guys. I'm just glad I'm left out of the mix.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122  Edited By Milkman

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#123  Edited By FirePrince

I don't know,but fact is,I have a girl in my class wich just can't stand pricks,even outright rejecting a guy with "I'm not your one-night bitch". 
Nice.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Rockdalf
@FirePrince said:
"

I don't know,but fact is,I have a girl in my class wich just can't stand pricks,even outright rejecting a guy with "I'm not your one-night bitch". 
Nice.

"
She probably has a thing against men in general.  Good luck.
voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By voodooterror

i like to think im a nice guy but i dont really have too much trouble with them 
that being said my past 3 girlfriends have turned out to be complete head cases so that could be why haha

Avatar image for walker_after_dark
Walker_after_dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love these 'how guys think' threads. So informative.

Personally, if a guy treated me like shit, I wouldn't be able to dump him fast enough. I would much rather be with someone who respects me, is interested in the same things as me, and is willing to talk to me as a person and not just a pair of boobs. Oh, and who knows how to cook. That's a big plus.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#127  Edited By ProfessorEss

Not to be too cliche but kindness is often mistaken for weakness.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@Turbo_Toaster said:
" @HitmanAgent47:   Yep. Pretty much. "
Well, Turbo Toaster has spoken. I guess nobody can really disagree with hitman now because most of us here wouldn't really know.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#129  Edited By GreggD
@Walker_after_dark: If that last bit applies to all women, that's a plus for me. I'm a pretty good cook. :P
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By FirePrince
@Rockdalf: 
Huh,thanks.I never could understand girls,they always acted so weird around me,and still do.Like they like me,but they hate to admit it,or they are too shy.
Or I may be the wrongest person in the world.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By bhhawks78

Too many people confuse timid/scared for "nice", and assertive for "jerk".

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By JokerSmilez

A female friend of mine put it best: "Girls don't want "nice guys." Girls want guys who are nice."

What she means by this is a "nice guy" by her (and most girl's) definition is a guy who is trying to hard to be nice. They don't want to be seen to have the usual trappings of most guys, so they go out of their way to show how nice and kind and chivalrous they are. They come off as being push-overs who don't like themselves so they're trying to hard to get someone else to like them and so they can be easily manipulated and controlled. Most women (a woman you actually want anyway) isn't attracted by this - quite the opposite, in fact. A woman isn't going to be attracted to someone who they don't respect.

What she means by  a "guy who's nice", she means a normal guy, who makes mistakes, is sometimes insensitive, is sometimes a jerk, sometimes does or says stupid things, but in general is a nice person. This shows you're genuine and comfortable with who you are, not trying to bend over backwards to please her and be something you're not. 

What this translates into in the real world, is not being desperate for her attention or to please her. Be confident - confidence is the #1 thing that attracts girls, above all else - even bordering on arrogance, as long as it's a playful arrogance. Play "hard to get". If you're trying to hard to get her attention, she'll be turned off. Don't be afraid of playful teasing and "back-handed" compliments, again as long it's done in a flirty, playful manner. I've met tons of girls who's first impression of me is that I'm kind of a jerk, but they end up being attracted to me. It's because I show confidence and I don't care what girls think of me or if I "get the girl" or not - plenty of fish in the sea.

This is why guys often say that once they have a girlfriend, all of a sudden, girls are more attracted to them, even if they don't know he's not single. It's because subconsciously, you're more confident in yourself and you don't care if some random girl is attracted to you or not, and to them, that's attractive.

Read "The Game" by Neil Strauss. Some of the tips and "tricks" may be kind of "douche-bag territory", but it gives great insight into what works, and why, and helps the typical "nice guy" have women after them for a change. A perfect example would be to act like you're unaffected by a beautiful woman's charms or appearance. Act like you don't give a shit. Most woman (even average looking ones) are used to guys fawning over them. When you act like you couldn't care less, they're intrigued.

TL/DR version: Don't be a push over. Be confident. Remember: you don't need a girl, so don't act like you do. If a girl sees you as kind of a bad idea, that's a good thing (believe it or not). Being the "safe bet" is boring and unattractive. Be yourself.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Rockdalf said:

" @FirePrince said:

"

Nice.

"
She probably has a thing against men in general.  Good luck. "
That made me LOL, just because I've known women like that who were out to make men's lives hell. 

@ProfessorEss said:

" Not to be too cliche but kindness is often mistaken for weakness. "

True.  
@bhhawks78
said:

" Too many people confuse timid/scared for "nice", and assertive for "jerk". "

Double true. 

I think someone asked why we were spending time explaining what a "nice guy" was; it's because some people didn't necessarily understand what that label really meant. Some people confused nice guy with a legitimately nice person. The "nice guy" is different from a "nice person".
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By FirePrince
@VinceNotVance said:
That made me LOL, just because I've known women like that who were out to make men's lives hell. 

Ouch,that must be evil,but no,she isn't like that,she smiles to me and hugs me occasionally.Of course,that does not mean that she likes me.
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By evanbrau

Most guys who think they are nice guys are actually passive aggresive basement dwellers who foist all their personal failings on the girls who won't touch them and as for the actual nice guys women view them as doormats and they are stuck as friends forever.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Hot_Karl
@JokerSmilez said:   
Read "The Game" by Neil Strauss. Some of the tips and "tricks" may be kind of "douche-bag territory", but it gives great insight into what works, and why, and helps the typical "nice guy" have women after them for a change. A perfect example would be to act like you're unaffected by a beautiful woman's charms or appearance. Act like you don't give a shit. Most woman (even average looking ones) are used to guys fawning over them. When you act like you couldn't care less, they're intrigued.

TL/DR version: Don't be a push over. Be confident. Remember: you don't need a girl, so don't act like you do. If a girl sees you as kind of a bad idea, that's a good thing (believe it or not). Being the "safe bet" is boring and unattractive. Be yourself. "
Yes, yes, and yes. Everyone should read The Game- it was seriously a life-changing book for me. Oh and listen to this man, because he knows his shit. 

@FirePrince: She's probably not an evil witch out to destroy all men. She seems super-uptight though and might just be waiting for the right guy to come along. You know, a confident, cool, funny, charming guy who she may already know well. YOU KNOW.
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By FirePrince
@VinceNotVance: 
I wish I would. Hopefully i'll find out.
Long-ass trips FTW.
RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#138  Edited By RJay_64

Well I think I get it after reading through this entire thread.

Although some of the solutions are complicated and full of irony "You have to act like a jerk at the right time...but in all actuality be a nice guy!!"

It sounds convoluted on paper, but I understand the logic being used here.  

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Seedofpower
@AjayRaz said:
" being shy?  "
Pretty much. More aggressive and out going people some times just come off as dicks. But hell, it gets us the girl.
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#140  Edited By clubsandwich
@trophyhunter said:
" because woman like being treated like crap "
Fact.
Tolshakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Tolshakk
Codependency is all the rage, now you can too!