Some advice how to deal with an awkward thing?

AziMuttyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AziMuttyo

First I want to say that I have been following this website for a long time (3 years!) but I never felt the need to post since I'm more into the content than the forums, although I have been reading them ocasionally. So I apologise if this seems like a weird early post, but I have a fairly simple question tied to a weird story.

A japanese girl came to Italy 2 days ago to visit a friend she has here. She's never been to Italy before and I went to drive her from the airport. I know her friend but she couldn't come because she had a night shift. So I went to the airport and the plane came at 1:00 AM, she knew I'd be waiting so it wasn't a problem finding her.

Anyway, we went in the car and started driving. Everything was good, we were talking, she seemed very interested in our culture since she was never outside Japan (talking in english obviously).

The awkward thing happened after a few minutes of driving thru a forest when she said "Do you know that japanese girl that was killed here a few weeks ago". At that moment I remembered that about 5 weeks ago a japanese girl was taken from the airport by a guy pretending to be a taxi driver, driven into the woods and raped/tortured/killed. And needless to say I felt really awkward at that moment since I'm an Italian guy driving an asian girl thru the forest at midnight and she just happens to mention a dead japanese girl.

And I would have kept quiet about it but she quicly realized what I was thinking and started apologizing and then I apologised for making her think I thought that and so on. And it was weird. There was an air of silence all the way to the destination after that. We both tried to start a new conversation but didn't quite work. It wasn't like I was upset or she was upset or anything like that, just that it was weird.

I'm writing this because next week I'm supposed to take her back to the airport and I am a little worried because I don't know if I should mention it again, or let it go ( I'm thinking of letting it go) but what if there is the same awkward feeling again, then should I mention it? I don't quite know.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

let it go, she should have a weeks worth of stories from being in Italy to talk about so just stick to asking about that and it'll be fine.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By FourWude

Well this is fucking random.

OK one poster I will answer your question. If the topic is ever brought up again, reply with the line "omae wa mo shindeiru".... Never will she question you again.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fairly disappointed by this story.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Errr.... let it go? Could you imagine the awkwardness in bringing it up again? Surely there would be plenty to riff off of for conversation given her time there. If she was afraid of you being a killer, she wouldn't ever show up to let you drive her.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It sounds like it's already worked itself out. What more could possibly come of this? She's not murdered.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

First I want to say that I have been following this website for a long time (3 years!) but I never felt the need to post since I'm more into the content than the forums, although I have been reading them ocasionally. So I apologise if this seems like a weird early post, but I have a fairly simple question tied to a weird story.

A japanese girl came to Italy 2 days ago to visit a friend she has here. She's never been to Italy before and I went to drive her from the airport. I know her friend but she couldn't come because she had a night shift. So I went to the airport and the plane came at 1:00 AM, she knew I'd be waiting so it wasn't a problem finding her.

Anyway, we went in the car and started driving. Everything was good, we were talking, she seemed very interested in our culture since she was never outside Japan (talking in english obviously).

The awkward thing happened after a few minutes of driving thru a forest when she said "Do you know that japanese girl that was killed here a few weeks ago". At that moment I remembered that about 5 weeks ago a japanese girl was taken from the airport by a guy pretending to be a taxi driver, driven into the woods and raped/tortured/killed. And needless to say I felt really awkward at that moment since I'm an Italian guy driving an asian girl thru the forest at midnight and she just happens to mention a dead japanese girl.

And I would have kept quiet about it but she quicly realized what I was thinking and started apologizing and then I apologised for making her think I thought that and so on. And it was weird. There was an air of silence all the way to the destination after that. We both tried to start a new conversation but didn't quite work. It wasn't like I was upset or she was upset or anything like that, just that it was weird.

I'm writing this because next week I'm supposed to take her back to the airport and I am a little worried because I don't know if I should mention it again, or let it go ( I'm thinking of letting it go) but what if there is the same awkward feeling again, then should I mention it? I don't quite know.

Perhaps your friend could go with you? If not then perhaps you have another friend, preferably female?

But I wouldn't mention it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I thought this was going to be like a Penthouse story, damn

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You say "Oh yeah, here we go" in your creepiest voice, stop the car in the middle of the woods and lock the doors. That's gotta bring some reaction out of her. The real problem here is if her response is something like "Yes. I was hoping for this." Now things get really awkward then.

In all seriousness, this is a non issue. There's nothing to say about it. Also, won't you already spend some time with her during the week?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smear a little fake blood on a Hello Kitty coin purse and leave it on the back seat.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Petiew

Keep frantically telling her that you didn't kill anyone and she shouldn't be scared. It'll calm her right down, trust me.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

So, did/will you kill her?

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StrikeALight

Sounds like cultural thing. The Japanese can be quite direct, you know.

I wouldn't think any more of it.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when it was getting good the story died, theirs the start of a great B horror movie here.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dacnomaniac

W-whaaaaa?

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is great, update us once you've taken her back to the airport.

Stuff a bunch of knives with dried blood on them in your dash. When you're driving her back, stop in the middle of the forest and say the car broke down and ask her to grab something from your dash.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fake your own death while driving.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A story that starts with " I picked up a Japanese girl at the airport", should always include at least one mention of tentacles.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you shoulda said "damn, you found me out. well...i guess ill let you live THIS TIME"

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah you totally should bring it up!

Heck no dude that won't accomplish anything! Talk to get about her trip and whatnot. Be cool dude, just be cool.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By fattony12000

Why are you worried? You didn't rape or torture or kill any Japanese ladies, you just happen to be an Italian car owner who knows where the airport is.

She sounds totally hot, by the way.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Nictel

So you're scared she'll go to the police?

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FunkasaurasRex
Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azimuttyo: yeah just drop it and don't mention it again.

@slashdance said:

I'm fairly disappointed by this story.

Definitely. I was hoping for some classic Giant Bomb Girl Advice up in here.

As soon as I saw Japanese girl Italy I was like alright another girl advice thread! But nope...

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dudy80 said:

Just when it was getting good the story died, theirs the start of a great B horror movie here.

The third installment of the Human Centipede series.

Trilogy bitch.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stop being awkward, forget about it and just say something smokin' hot in Italian. "Ciao mia bella ragazza! Molto bella! Ciao stronza!" is usually what I go for whenever anything awkward happens with a girl, and I'm not even Italian! Basically put those words in any order and you can't go wrong. Then touch her on the shoulder and tell her you know a shortcut through the woods.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sploder

On the way back be all like "It was me lol"

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

A++

Very creative. I like the use of "Italian" and "airport."

Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By Vance_Helsing

SOME ADVICE IS NEEDED

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry about it.

I lived in Japan. Those folks apologize for a living over there. If you don't make a big deal about it, she won't either.

Just seriously, and I cannot stress this enough, avoid the temptation to bring it up.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#32  Edited By Icemael

You need to kill her in the woods. Trust me on this, it's like with sex, she brought it up because she wants it and you my friend are missing her hints big time.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't mention it. Don't sweat it. And just don't take her into the woods and kill her. Relax.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Touch her shoulder

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By 49th

She won't expect it now. Just saying.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear Penthouse,

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh wow that was extremely awkward.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#40 gamer_152  Moderator

Let it go. It's not worth worrying about that much, and bringing it up again would only lead to the same awkwardness that was the problem in the first place.

AziMuttyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtcantor said:

Don't worry about it.

I lived in Japan. Those folks apologize for a living over there. If you don't make a big deal about it, she won't either.

Just seriously, and I cannot stress this enough, avoid the temptation to bring it up.

I am really curios to ask if she was worried I would do something or if she just thought of that because she saw the forest and didn't realise it will be weird, but you are right, I won't ask.

I am in the same circle of friends as her friend and tommorow me and others are invited to hang out, so I will definitely see her before next week. I hope things won't be as weird between us but I guess I'll find out tommorow. She seemed to be embarassed and not upset the last time so maybe now that she settled in a bit it will be ok. I know I'll never see her again, but she is likeable and I don't want to part with something weird between us. I won't mention anything regardless though.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't mention the war!

AziMuttyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtcantor: Uhm, I feel like I should have gotten it, but what war?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtcantor: Uhm, I feel like I should have gotten it, but what war?

Uh, you know. The one where the US dropped two atomic bombs on Japan.

Don't bring it up.