I already own them so yeah, i don't care

Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Stray

I think it's awesome. But then again I own all those titles already and feel jammed.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Pessh

What do you want? A handjob? Jesus christ...

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Vodun
@Pessh said:
Yeah...from Kevin Butler...yeaaaaah.....
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@Brendan said:
Seems like a generous offer from a company that's just lost untold amounts of money over this problem.  Good on them.
Thank you.

@Pessh said:
Double thank you.

I'm fine with what they're offering even if I did beat most of those games already. I feel like Sony could give everyone the world though and someone somewhere will still find a reason to complain...
PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I'm willing to forgive them for LBP and Wipeout HD. I won't forget though.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By zeforgotten

They didn't have to give them out but I think it's great that they're doing it.

Now if only they could sort the people complaining and being ungrateful so they wouldn't get anything at all then it would be the best thing ever
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Example1013
@PhatSeeJay said:
I'm willing to forgive them for LBP and Wipeout HD. I won't forget though.
I feel like after this Sony is probably going to have the best security around for a while.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By swamplord666

the only way they could have made this better is by giving store credit. but yeah people need to stop whining.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Example1013

How many people are actually whining? I haven't seen one person complain yet.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By Sooty

The network can go down like this more often if it means I get free games.

I'm most pleased with the offerings.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By elyhaym

I was quite pleased with the offered games, however I do know a few people that were pissed because they already had everything in the list.

But honestly, some people will be ungrateful no matter what you give them. I think a lot of us were expecting a shitty Mini game if anything at all, so this is a pleasant surprise.
Does it make up for the downtime? For me personally, yeah, it's fine.
Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Hilbert

Wait..  You mean my blu-ray player is capable of going online?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By penguindust

The first born child of every Sony board member must become my servant.  I will have my VENGEANCE!  

yeah, I think it's enough.
Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Stray

People mentioning that they own all the games is not being ungrateful. Those are some great games. But, I think it kinda amusing the only people that benefit from the freebies are people who didn't support Sony in the first place by buying the games.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I think it is.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By 71Ranchero

Considering how Sony was a victim in all this too I think that its more then enough. 

Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Stray

Sony was a victim? Kinda I guess. But why the pity party? The were told *MONTHS* before this that their security was outdated and did nothing about it. And then created their own PR nightmare. I don't feel sorry for them because of the way they handled the situation. What happened to them  happens to large companies every day. They just handled it badly.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Marcsman

Nope. Poor selection of games IMO.
sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By sickVisionz

$40+ in free games, actual real deal full length retail games at that, seems like more than enough to rectify an outage that lasted less than a month on a service that's what, like $10 or a less a month.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@p_p_o_d said:
2 psp and ps3 games and PS+ for the outage.  ps+ people get 60 days added on to there membership.

AND free Identity theft protection for people worried about it.

I think they have done more then enough for there customers.   Other then that I dont think there is anything more they could do to change peoples views on the attacks and they cant really stop the negative press other then maybe giving free ps3's to everyone at e3.   

but that would just be silly.  what kind of company would be desperate enough to bribe everyone at there e3 Press conference for positive coverage?

How is bribing people to make them forget that "oops, out security systems were hilariously out of date and now a bunch of criminals have your password, personal information including your name, date of birth, address and possibly your credit card information..  and we're going to wait a week or two before telling you" any better than giving out free systems to the press?

I'm not complaining about what Sony are doing here, but some of the fanboy comments are just mindboggling.  How does it feel to be a corporate slave?
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By Hector
Good enough for me!
cartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By cartvader
@WinterSnowblind said:
How is bribing people to make them forget that "oops, out security systems were hilariously out of date and now a bunch of criminals have your password, personal information including your name, date of birth, address and possibly your credit card information..  and we're going to wait a week or two before telling you" any better than giving out free systems to the press?

I'm not complaining about what Sony are doing here, but some of the fanboy comments are just mindboggling.  How does it feel to be a corporate slave?

THIS!

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TooSweet

I expected that they'd give us a bit of Plus for free but didn't see these games coming. I figured maybe they'd give us all enough to buy one game of our choice to help the companies that lost out, but free games is all good. I only own two of them. I'm okay with this package. If anything I may bust out my Little Big Planet to play with people who get it new. I never did finish the game.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By canucks23

Good enough for me. I didn't really have anything i wanted to play online on ps3 the last month, so i wasn't really negatively affected by this whole thing.

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By p_p_o_d
@WinterSnowblind said:
@p_p_o_d said:
2 psp and ps3 games and PS+ for the outage.  ps+ people get 60 days added on to there membership.

AND free Identity theft protection for people worried about it.

I think they have done more then enough for there customers.   Other then that I dont think there is anything more they could do to change peoples views on the attacks and they cant really stop the negative press other then maybe giving free ps3's to everyone at e3.   

but that would just be silly.  what kind of company would be desperate enough to bribe everyone at there e3 Press conference for positive coverage?

dude.  Just saying there is Nothing they can do to change people views on the matter.   

As someone who has followed the situation pretty close and can separate some of the FUD from the facts I am happy with the way sony has handled this mess.   Maybe it would have been nice if there warning came a few days earlier but thats been my only problem with sony this whole thing.   

Sony have covered there bases pretty well giving the situation by offering every PSN user free ID theft protection and the free games are good for less hardcore users but I dont see this stopping snarky comments on Kotaku and destructoid every time PSN is brought up in a press release for the next few years which will probably be the only fallout from this whole thing in 6 months.   
mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mrv321
@cartvader said:
@WinterSnowblind said:

THIS!

You have a point... IF you knew what you where talking about.

IT WAS CONFIRMED, as in fact, that your CC information was encrypted, I assume your asswords use the same hex as you know every site, and the rest of it facebook has... It took them a week because it's hard to know what happend, Amazon took a couple days to tell GB what was going on and that was a more obvious thing, this however was a POSSIBLE hack, nothing was confirmed for a while... and the extent wasn't fully know.

If CC details where leaked, why haven't they been used yet?
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@mrv321: I was referring to what happened at the time.  Regardless, losing CC details wasn't as big a deal, it's very easy to just cancel transactions and replace the card.  Identity theft is the much bigger issue.. which they have also tried to account for, and that's fine but it doesn't change the fact that Sony have put millions of their customers at risk.  But my real  problem is the people acting like fanboys about this.  The free games are because of how badly they screwed up, an attempt to make people forget about the bad stuff and say "hey, free games!", it's plain bribery.  Again, I'm not saying I have a problem with this, but you can't complain about another company doing something similar but then defend Sony here.

I don't think people should just pretend that everything is square now or that the loyal customers who were already supporting Sony and happen to already own all the games they're offering should just be ignored.  These people should be the ones getting the most benefits here, saying "oh, you shouldn't be complaining about free stuff!" is completely missing the point.
BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BoFooQ

I would have liked it more if they would have just given free cash on my psn account so I could pick whatever game I wanted.  even if it was only $20, that would get me one game for free that I actually want to play like the new D & D game daggerdale.

as it is I'm going to end up with dead nation, which hopefully is enjoyable.