Soulja boy is an excellent musician.

Katsuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Katsuri

Everyone is entitled to their own opnion, I suppose.
I personally don't think so.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
Katsuri said:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opnion, I suppose.
I personally don't think so."

Not if they(OP) continues to bump and not back up their opinon there fore opinon not credited
buyj3llo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By buyj3llo
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"That Dance abilitly factor as you call it is what makes a song and artist a one-hit wonder fun but not excellent and instead fun the topic should be soulja boy is a fun guy"
The dance ability factor is also what made Micheal Jackson one of the top selling artists of all time.  But sells don't even matter. It doesn't matter if you have one hit or a million  hits. To me, if you're a good musician, you're just good. I listen to people who have no hits. That doesn't mean that their music is somehow lesser than the people who have major success, perhaps they just weren't lucky enough.

You said soulja boy is a fun guy and I agree. But i've never even met the guy. The reason I think he is fun is because I've heard his music. He is able to display fun via his music and thats what makes him a great musician. Musicians who can display feelings through their songs are excellent to me, and soulja boy displays energy and excitement via his songs.

buyj3llo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By buyj3llo
serbsta said:
"He is no way a musician."
No one has explained to me how you can make music and not be a musician. Again, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not music, and doesn't mean he's not a musician.
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

"It doesn't matter if you have one hit or a million  hits"(buyj3llo)

That quote alone is ifinite rofls

Micheal jackson had many hits and more meaning to his words and great music videos dont even say his name even though he is weird now dont say his name or lupe fiasco in the same sentence as soulja boy. Just find another rapper that you think is excellent.

buyj3llo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By buyj3llo
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
""It doesn't matter if you have one hit or a million  hits"(buyj3llo)

Micheal jackson had many hits and more meaning to his words and great music videos dont even say his name even though he is weird now dont say his name or lupe fiasco in the same sentence as soulja boy. Just find another rapper that you think is excellent."
But it doesn't matter. I'm sure that you've heard artists who weren't popular and didn't have hits. That didn't make their music worth any less (quality wise) than anyone else's. I don't see why you're "rofling" at the quote. The quality of the music is independent from the popularity of it.
buyj3llo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By buyj3llo
Katsuri said:
thank you.
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
buyj3llo said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:

Micheal jackson had many hits and more meaning to his words and great music videos dont even say his name even though he is weird now dont say his name or lupe fiasco in the same sentence as soulja boy. Just find another rapper that you think is excellent."
But it doesn't matter. I'm sure that you've heard artists who weren't popular and didn't have hits. That didn't make their music worth any less (quality wise) than anyone else's. I don't see why you're "rofling" at the quote. The quality of the music is independent from the popularity of it."

You cant call a artist excellent based on one hit that is why im rofling
buyj3llo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By buyj3llo
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"buyj3llo said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:

But it doesn't matter. I'm sure that you've heard artists who weren't popular and didn't have hits. That didn't make their music worth any less (quality wise) than anyone else's. I don't see why you're "rofling" at the quote. The quality of the music is independent from the popularity of it."

You cant call a artist excellent based on one hit that is why im rofling"
  I'm not basing it on one hit, I've listened to other songs.You can listen to their other songs, and if you think they are good then you can make an opinion based off of that. No need to rofl.
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
buyj3llo said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"buyj3llo said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:

You cant call a artist excellent based on one hit that is why im rofling"
  I'm not basing it on one hit, I've listened to other songs.You can listen to their other songs, and if you think they are good then you can make an opinion based off of that. No need to rofl."
This what im talking about backing up name the other songs post links to other songs but I will look it up because I know how to back things up
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

looked him up on youtube only song that came up was soulja boy tell em a sign of a one-hit wonder which cannot be considered excellent please just let this topic die  it has a rendevous with death let it complete that rendevous said marcus fenix

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#162  Edited By Arkthemaniac
buyj3llo said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Soulja Boy has a song that goes, "Yeah, crank that Soulja Boy." Not only does that reach a new low for music, but there's no possible artistic merit in the song. I have issues with this style of music because the lyrics never mean anything, and the music means less. Simple lyrics with some really well-written and composed music is fine, so long as it's delivered in a unique, compelling way. Soulja Boy isn't even a musician, because he doesn't make music. You could say he's a good "track maker," but not musician. The 1812 Overture is music. Soulja Boy is another example of someone getting rich off of their own ill-concieved legend."
I still don't understand why you say he's not a musician. He makes music, so he is by definition a musician. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not music.

"
What he makes isn't music. People have to understand that not every person with a record deal is a musician. You can't bang on a guitar at random, record it and sell it to people and call yourself a musician.
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Please everyone let the topic die it is over the fun is over he knows he is wrong and we wont be able to change his mind and he will definitley never change ours so stop posting plez

quadomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By quadomatic

HOW DARE YOU COMPARE MICHAEL JACKSON TO SOULJA BOY!!!!!!!

Michael Jackson can sing like no other. His dancing abilities are unparalleled. Soulja Boy is a hack and a tool.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy: kk, I'll stop

Anbalsifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Anbalsifer

I hope Soulja Boy gets a horrible flesh eating infection and/or cancer.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#166  Edited By OGCartman

I personally dont like him

rAVaGeRx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By rAVaGeRx

Hate/Love him all you want he will continue to be richer than anyone here will ever be.

Lol
Fax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Fax

I thought for sure inside it say NOT!!!!!

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169  Edited By atejas

troll troll is troll.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#170  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I wouldn't call this music. It's a horrible collaboration of terrible noises mixed together to make the blood from my brain spew out of my ears.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Black_Raven

But it sounds so fucking terrible!!!!!!

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By atejas

this is worse than slipknot defense....

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By stAtic

I don't understand how people can listen to that kind of "music".

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Black_Raven
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Katsuri said:

Not if they(OP) continues to bump and not back up their opinon there fore opinon not credited"
....and if its Soulja Boy
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By angelkimne

It is by definition music of course.
But i don't like it :-(

jakeroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By jakeroc

ITT: I defend William Hung.

People say he's no good, but I don't see it like that. Sure he's not the best singer but when he does sing, the songs he picks aren't about selling / doing drugs and calling women bitches, which is a breath of fresh air from oriental rappers in particular. I also appreciate his lyrical simplicity because it recalls of a time when Ricky Martin Cover bands were just about having fun. He's not trying to change the world; he's just trying to make some simple fun songs that people can dance to and have a good time. It's party music.

You may not like his music, but give him a break. William Hung does his best to make music to entertain people; just like every other musician.

*bows*

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Absurd

Underground rap>Soulja boy

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#179  Edited By BiggerBomb
buyj3llo said:
"ITT: I defend Soulja boy.

People say he's no good, but I don't see it like that. Sure he's not the best lyricist but his songs aren't about selling / doing drugs and calling women bitches, which is a breath of fresh air from southern rappers in particular. I also appreciate his lyrical simplicity because it recalls of a time when hip-hop was just about having fun. He's not trying to change the world; he's just trying to make some simple fun songs that people can dance to and have a good time. It's party music.

You may not like his music, but give him a break. Soulja boy does his best to make music to entertain people; just like every other musician.

"

"(Yoooouuuu!)
Soulja boy I tell 'em
Hey I got a new dance fo you all called the soulja boy
(Yoooouuuu!)
You gotta punch then crank back three times from left to right
(Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh yeeeeaaaah!)

[Chorus: x2]
Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch me Crank It
Watch me Roll
Watch me Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now, Watch me You...
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now, Watch me You...
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now, Watch me You...
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now, Watch me You...
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

[Verse 1:]
Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch me Lean And Watch Me Rock?
Super Man Dat Hoe
Then Watch me Crank Dat Robocop?
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Dance
(Now You)
I'm Jocking On Yo Bitch Ass
And If We Get The Fightin
Then I'm Cocking On Your Bitch
You Catch Me At Yo Local Party
Yes I Crank It Everyday
Haterz Get Mad Cause
"I Got Me some Bathing Apes"

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 2:]
I'm bouncin' on my toe
Watch me super soak dat oh
I'ma pass it to Arab
And he's gon' crank it up fo' sho'

Haterz wanna be me
Soulja Boy, I'm the man
They be lookin' at my neck
Sayin' it's the Rubberband Man, man
Watch me do it, watch me do it
Dance, dance
Let get to it, let get to it

Nope, you can't do it like me
Doe, so don't do it like me
Folk, I see you tryna do it like me
Man that damn was ugly

[Chorus x2]

I'm To Clean Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Crank And
Watch Me Roll
Watch Me Crank Dat Roosevelt
Then Super soak That Hoe,
Super Soak That Hoe [x9]
I'm to Fresh Off In This Bitch
Watch Me Show
Now Watch Me Gig
Watch Me Crank My Shoulder Work
And Superman That Bitch,
Superman That Bitch,
Superman That Bitch,
Superman That Bitch,
Superman that Bitch
(Awwwwwww) (You)"

Oh yeah, he's a real genius.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By kmdrkul
Arkthemaniac said:
"buyj3llo said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Soulja Boy has a song that goes, "Yeah, crank that Soulja Boy." Not only does that reach a new low for music, but there's no possible artistic merit in the song. I have issues with this style of music because the lyrics never mean anything, and the music means less. Simple lyrics with some really well-written and composed music is fine, so long as it's delivered in a unique, compelling way. Soulja Boy isn't even a musician, because he doesn't make music. You could say he's a good "track maker," but not musician. The 1812 Overture is music. Soulja Boy is another example of someone getting rich off of their own ill-concieved legend."
I still don't understand why you say he's not a musician. He makes music, so he is by definition a musician. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not music.

"
What he makes isn't music. People have to understand that not every person with a record deal is a musician. You can't bang on a guitar at random, record it and sell it to people and call yourself a musician."
Yes, you can.  And bands have.  If grindcore bands that live in my city can get their 'music' out to the masses, then Soulja Boy can.  He is pulling in big bucks because he caters to the majority; IE the MTV watching kids who will listen to anything on the radio or on MTV.  And he's swimming in cash while doing so.  Pretty sure that qualifies.
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
Absurd said:
"Underground rap>Soulja boy"

Agreed Styles of beyond FTW
spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#182  Edited By spiceninja

I don't know, "Superman that hoe" (or whatever the hell it is) is pretty degrading.

gameshark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#183  Edited By gameshark5

i wouldnt call him good, but i think hes good for a chuckle or two

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Bulldog19892
buyj3llo said:
"Karmum said:
"His music is shit. But he knows how to make money, the only good thing he does. Make shitty music that teenage kids will flock to. He is no real talent. Cannot imagine what he does live."
If the teenagers are flocking to his music then it must not be shit to them. He has a talent for making music that his demographic likes."
...and his demographic is idiots. As long as there's some stupid phrase in the song ("superman that hoe", "throw some D's on that bitch", "hey shorty, it's yo' birthday") the idiots will love it. It's not hard to cater to them, and unfortunately that's where the money is.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Absurd
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Absurd said:

Agreed Styles of beyond FTW"
Benefit is my favorite underground rapper
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
Absurd said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Absurd said:

Benefit is my favorite underground rapper"
I will give them a listen
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Bulldog19892
buyj3llo said:
"DualReaver said:
"bigpig33 said:
"if u knew what superman that hoe ment u would change ur mind"
I already posted what it means.
;)"
I'm pretty sure thats not what it means. People just retroconed it. It obviously makes much more since in the context of the song, where it is related to the dance."
Actually the phrase "superman that hoe" was around long before Soulja Boy showed up. Either he had no Idea what it meant, or he just threw it in there to make people laugh. No, it doesn't really make sense in the context of the song, but none of his lyrics do. They're only there for the sake of having lyrics. They don't mean anything. I agree with you that he is, by definition, a musician, but calling him an excellent musician is like calling the winner of the Special Olympics an excellent athlete.
Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Buscemi

I think The Travelling Wilburys was a huge inspiration for Soulja Boy. I mean, the lyrics, they, they are like... about the same, things, and... and stuff.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#189  Edited By dj

I'll admit he does get alot of unnecessary hate but I would not go as far as to say that he is a good musician. 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Jayge_

I don't think the OP really understands the obscene connotations of "superman that hoe".

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Absurd
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Absurd said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Absurd said:

Benefit is my favorite underground rapper"
I will give them a listen"
Also, Eminem's first album "Infinite" is actually pretty good
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#192  Edited By Aarny91

And dog shit tastes nice :P

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#193  Edited By xruntime
Blu_Magic said:
"I hate his music but I've got nothing against people who enjoy his music. Everyone's entitled to their opinion."
Seconded
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By keyhunter

This thread is the ultimate troll. And I'm a fag for using the term "troll"

Whight_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Whight_Knight

TC is the woman in your picture a retard?

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#196  Edited By spiceninja
Whight_Knight said:
"TC is the woman in your picture a retard?"
it's Cammie Dunnaway, so yes she's a retard.
diaphragm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By diaphragm

Lol, anyone notice how "I got a new dance for y'all called the soulja boy"
Sounds ALOT like Morris Day's song "the bird"
"Hey america! I got a dance new dance for you called the bird!"

Souljaboy just copies older things. =\

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#198  Edited By JackiJinx

I would never say that he is excellent (to each his own), but I would say that he does qualify as a musician, though what quality of a musician is certainly debatable.

Rap = music
Rappers = musicians

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Let the topic die the OP was only replying yesterday and knows he lost this should of never been bumped in the first place so let it die for good

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Player1

no his songs are about doing the "superman" look it up on google if you dont know the acual meaning.

But I do like his songs, I liked him back when he was a myspace rapper. Now hes just sold out