Sour Hour with Lemon(Housing/Drinking/Academics)

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Steve_Ramirez

Alright, so I got my girlfriend drunk last night. Before you start shouting your opinions let me have some time to explain. So now that I have you curious, prepared to be letdown. I didn't exactly get her drunk. She got a little buzzed, (or for those of you in the west coast), she got "tipsy". I know most of you are hardcore drinkers, or at least claim to be...But in my situation, and hers, it was our first time as a couple drinking together. Not the most romantic of settings, (my room at my house), but it was fun nonetheless :) So I'll stop here before I bore the rest of you.

I had the strangest conversation with one of my friends last Thursday. He's actually more of an aquaintance, so that's why he'll remain nameless. All you gotta know is that he's an asian guy. So we have lunch together and sit down and I ask him how his classes are going. He then tells me his life story about how he failed two math classes, a chemistry class and a micro economics class. He tells me that he's going to get kicked out of school if he didn't get this form signed and all this other crazy business that just blew me away. I sat there and listened to this kid with a somewhat worried tone that he's going to get kicked out of school. At first the converstation made me feel bad for him, but then it gave me an almost pleasant/uplifting feeling. It made me feel good about my academic progress. I know what you're thinking. It's horrible to enjoy someone else's pain, but in this case it was fine. He didn't really seem to care, and quite honestly, he is really dumb. How do you fail the same class twice?

An update on the housing situation:
Remember that Alex and the rest of the crew are the guys that I want to room with next year off campus. And things have been going smoothly. Hang out with him every other day and play RE5 on his PS3. We go downtown and "hang," etc etc...But I may have missed an oppurtinity to seal the deal. This passed weekened, they invited me to go to LA with them. They were going to pass by Six Flag's Magic Mountain (best rides ever!!!), then hit up a party after. Pretty much it was an LA vacation. I wanted to go, but school got in the way, haven't seen my girlfriend in a while, and I didn't feel like blowing all my money so soon. So I told Alex, "Sorry, but I can't go". I was surprised at how upset he sounded when I told him I wasn't going. Yes, this is bromance at it's finest :) So I feel that even though I didn't go on the trip with him and the rest of the gang, he still views me as a good friend and a prime candidate for a roommate next year. 

There's going to be a birthday party at his place on Friday, (not his birthday, but another close friend of ours) which will give yet another opportunity to woo him. I'll let you know how that goes. Remeber guys, it's bromance so don't get any hot and sexy ideas here.

Alright I'm out of time for now, gotta eat some lunch. 'Till next time

-Steve 
Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

Alright, so I got my girlfriend drunk last night. Before you start shouting your opinions let me have some time to explain. So now that I have you curious, prepared to be letdown. I didn't exactly get her drunk. She got a little buzzed, (or for those of you in the west coast), she got "tipsy". I know most of you are hardcore drinkers, or at least claim to be...But in my situation, and hers, it was our first time as a couple drinking together. Not the most romantic of settings, (my room at my house), but it was fun nonetheless :) So I'll stop here before I bore the rest of you.

I had the strangest conversation with one of my friends last Thursday. He's actually more of an aquaintance, so that's why he'll remain nameless. All you gotta know is that he's an asian guy. So we have lunch together and sit down and I ask him how his classes are going. He then tells me his life story about how he failed two math classes, a chemistry class and a micro economics class. He tells me that he's going to get kicked out of school if he didn't get this form signed and all this other crazy business that just blew me away. I sat there and listened to this kid with a somewhat worried tone that he's going to get kicked out of school. At first the converstation made me feel bad for him, but then it gave me an almost pleasant/uplifting feeling. It made me feel good about my academic progress. I know what you're thinking. It's horrible to enjoy someone else's pain, but in this case it was fine. He didn't really seem to care, and quite honestly, he is really dumb. How do you fail the same class twice?

An update on the housing situation:
Remember that Alex and the rest of the crew are the guys that I want to room with next year off campus. And things have been going smoothly. Hang out with him every other day and play RE5 on his PS3. We go downtown and "hang," etc etc...But I may have missed an oppurtinity to seal the deal. This passed weekened, they invited me to go to LA with them. They were going to pass by Six Flag's Magic Mountain (best rides ever!!!), then hit up a party after. Pretty much it was an LA vacation. I wanted to go, but school got in the way, haven't seen my girlfriend in a while, and I didn't feel like blowing all my money so soon. So I told Alex, "Sorry, but I can't go". I was surprised at how upset he sounded when I told him I wasn't going. Yes, this is bromance at it's finest :) So I feel that even though I didn't go on the trip with him and the rest of the gang, he still views me as a good friend and a prime candidate for a roommate next year. 

There's going to be a birthday party at his place on Friday, (not his birthday, but another close friend of ours) which will give yet another opportunity to woo him. I'll let you know how that goes. Remeber guys, it's bromance so don't get any hot and sexy ideas here.

Alright I'm out of time for now, gotta eat some lunch. 'Till next time

-Steve 
sasshole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sasshole

dont do anything too sexy ;)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus
Lemon said:
" Not the most romantic of settings, (my room at my house), but it was fun nonetheless)"
Dude, that is THE most romantic setting.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

Hmm, drunk girlfriend. But oh wait, it's not what we expected!

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By teh_destroyer

Dude you are so cheating on your girlfriend by hanging out with that guy!Its good to have an awesome roommate,but you shouldn't  have to woo him or try to impress him,just be his friend.

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

year.teh_destroyer said:

"Dude you are so cheating on your girlfriend by hanging out with that guy!Its good to have an awesome roommate,but you shouldn't  have to woo him or try to impress him,just be his friend. "
I am being myself. I'm just a bit more cautious about what i do because i really really need a damn roof over my head next year.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By teh_destroyer
Lemon said:
"year.teh_destroyer said:
"Dude you are so cheating on your girlfriend by hanging out with that guy!Its good to have an awesome roommate,but you shouldn't  have to woo him or try to impress him,just be his friend. "
I am being myself. I'm just a bit more cautious about what i do because i really really need a damn roof over my head next year."
I understand,I am at age 23 and still renting out fucking apartments,while it is a roof over my head.I want my own house but I don't see that happening any time soon.Luckily I have been able to keep the same roommate over the past 4 years.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I wish I would have went to college instead of the Navy... good times, but crazy times missed.