Spent ten minutes trying to find a meme

#1 Posted by tastius (50 posts) -
No Caption Provided

Somebody made one of these for the Giant Bomb crew and I didn't save it, like a fool, and now I can't find it. Google is a terrible puzzle

#2 Edited by dudeglove (13778 posts) -

Isn't this less a meme and more a riff on a section from John Mulaney's netflix show about his dad?

Loading Video...

#3 Posted by Jesus_Phish (3897 posts) -

@dudeglove: Meme is replacing the terms "joke" and "anecdote" etc. I've seen the phrase "I was only memeing!" or "I was just telling a meme!" too many times. Kids are getting terrible "101 Hilarious Memes!!!" books instead of "101 Hilarious Jokes!!!" books and I wouldn't be surprised to find out they now sell Christmas Crackers but with memes in them, but I'm too afraid to google it.

#4 Posted by Onemanarmyy (4498 posts) -

You've got to be meming me.

#5 Posted by TheHT (15875 posts) -

Batman: The Killing Meme.

#6 Edited by BisonHero (11603 posts) -

I mean, “internet meme” is a specific subset of meme which pretty much has come to mean “joke template that is easily transferred to a variety of topics.”

The problem is that people are taking it too far and saying “It was just a meme” or “I was just meming” as if literally any joke said aloud on the internet can be considered a meme.

To address OP’s question: no fucking idea what this triangle thing is or what the GB version is that you’re talking about.

#7 Edited by tastius (50 posts) -

I'd have said image macro but then people would be asking what an image macro is. You can't please anyone

#8 Posted by MerxWorx01 (883 posts) -

@tastius:I was also going to go with Image Macro but I don't think anyone calls them that anymore.

@bisonhero:I feel like I've seen a few of these regarding Waypoint staff. Not sure if those was suppose to be the original(probably not).

#9 Posted by sparky_buzzsaw (8927 posts) -

Batman Batman Batman: The Killing Meme.

#10 Posted by uhtaree (951 posts) -

They see me memein', they hatin'.

#11 Posted by tastius (50 posts) -
No Caption Provided

Good news, everyone, I found it