#2  Edited By Dany

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm almost sure there's a poll exactly the same as this.  Either way... As good as the older films are, the modern-ness of RotS makes it the most fun for me to watch, so if I had to pick one of the six and wouldn't be allowed to see the others ever again, it would be RotS.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

Yeah, I like the 3rd film, I thought it was fun and goofy. More so than 1 or 2 which are atrocious.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

I'm not sure what I'm voting on here.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6  Edited By the8bitNacho

5, 3, 6, 4, 2, 1

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By probablytuna

While The Empire Strikes Back is the more technically superior film, the first Star Wars film I watched was A New Hope, and the nostalgia factor is supremely high for that film.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I always enjoyed Return of the Jedi more than Empire Strikes Back, for the sole reason that I am a huge nerd for space combat, and I love that climactic battle.

Also, I would have to say that as much as I hate it, Phantom Menace has the best individual scene in the series in the Darth Maul/Duel of the Fates lightsabre fight against Kenobi and Jin

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dany

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

, Phantom Menace has the best individual scene in the series in the Darth Maul/Duel of the Fates lightsabre fight against Kenobi and Jin

I never liked how light saber fights were devolved to interpreted dance with sticks. No tension.

JaediMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JaediMaster

I dont like choosing. I like A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi the best. The other three can burn in the deepest fiery pits of hell.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McGhee

Star Trek

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By Giantstalker

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Star Trek

/thread if you meant this one

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Yeah!

Duncs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Duncs
@Dany said:

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Liber

I absolutely deny the existence of the new trilogy.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

No votes for Attack of the Clones again? 
This always happens. 

Poor film. 
inb4 someone votes for it then writes a comment saying it would have been a good film without the constant love story going on in the background.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I do think Revenge was better than Return of the Jedi. I also think the recent Clone Wars TV show has been better than all three prequels and RoTJ put together.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By innacces14

6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 2

I know "Empire..." is the better movie, but 6 has sentimental value of being the first movie I ever got to see from the franchise. That and there's this...

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WinterSnowblind said:

I do think Revenge was better than Return of the Jedi. I also think the recent Clone Wars TV show has been better than all three prequels and RoTJ put together.

Empire Strikes Back is my favourite, closely followed by Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. 

Phantom Menace and Return of the Jedi are pretty awful. 

The Genndy Tarkovsky series? It was really great. There's a more recent cg series that's pretty awful. I think it's more or less a direct sequel to the awful cg Clone Wars movie from a couple of years back.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Three0neFive
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Star Trek

Stargate is the superior star-based science fiction series.
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@GetEveryone said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

Empire Strikes Back is my favourite, closely followed by Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Phantom Menace and Return of the Jedi are pretty awful. The Genndy Tarkovsky series? It was really great. There's a more recent cg series that's pretty awful. I think it's more or less a direct sequel to the awful cg Clone Wars movie from a couple of years back.

No, the Tarkovsky series has a similar problem to the prequels, in that it's all style and no substance.

The CG series has been excellent, bar a few pretty poor episodes. It did start off very badly with the "movie" but it dramatically increases in quality as it goes on and really tells some great stories. The fact George Lucas has less control over the series is really telling.. The new series looks pretty amazing too.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Hargreaves93

The worst episode is 2 but it's watchable and the Battle of Geonosis is good. Can't beat the prequels but episode 3 and 1 are good films in their own rights.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By imsh_pl

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25  Edited By Yanngc33

Never heard of Phantom Menace or Clone Wars...

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By TheKing

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

1,2,3 There is no more Star Wars movies.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Ursus_Veritas
@WinterSnowblind: I think apart from how they handled the Mandalorians, the CGI series has been relatively solid outside of an occasional duff episode and the turgid movie. The animation/design update they did half way through last season really punched up the visual quality another notch, it's one of the best looking programmes on TV to be honest. Can't wait for season 4, the Mon Calamari stuff looks awesome. 

Anyway... I'd pick ESB, ROTJ, ANH, ROTS, TPM, and AOTC last. That said, I grew up with the prequel trilogy (I was like, 6 when TPM came out) so I don't utterly loathe the prequels in the way some Star Wars fans do. ROTS and TPM are fun popcorn movies, with some cool stuff in... AOTC was really plodding though and Hayden Christensen was terribly wooden throughout. I did like the Arena Battle though, just to see film-glimpses of EU Jedi like Kit Fisto and Aayla Secura. Probably the only bits of that movie I'm willing to watch now.
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

One of the games. Over the years, I've become less and less a fan of Star Wars and more of a fan of other sci-fi's like Alien/Aliens and stuff like that. Star Wars is... OK. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By penguindust
@natetodamax said:

Me neither, but I voted 4, A New Hope because it's the easiest for me to rewatch.  When I watch 5, Empire I usually feel like watching 6, Return after that but then it becomes a bigger time investment than I am interested in.  A New Hope is a stand alone movie and it's the one I find more quotable.  "You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.  Take her away!"  "But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"  "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh, everything's perfectly all right now.  We're fine.  We're all fine here now, thank you... How are you? My favorite from Empire is "Bounty hunters, we don't need their scum." "Yes, sir."

Of course the prequels don't even register in my head.
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Ursus_Veritas: I loved the Mandalorian story, but I'm not a fan of the EU. I can understand why it may have irked people who are, but I think it made a lot more sense this way.. plus it's canon.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Skytylz

4,5,6,3,1,2 for me.  You just can't beat the first one, well 5 is just as good but 4 came first.  

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kashif1

i saw them all again recently, Jar Jar is not as annoying as you all remember, the love plot in 2 is much worse than we all remember
@GetEveryone said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

Empire Strikes Back is my favourite, closely followed by Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.  Phantom Menace and Return of the Jedi are pretty awful.  The Genndy Tarkovsky series? It was really great. There's a more recent cg series that's pretty awful. I think it's more or less a direct sequel to the awful cg Clone Wars movie from a couple of years back.
have you seen the cg series lately?   It got a lot better, much much better.  I honestly prefer to the old cartoon series even though that was awesome.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I grew up with the prequel trilogy so I have no hatred for them. That said, the originals are undeniably superior. Empire is the clear choice here.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By mosespippy

I've seen them all once and they are all equally terrible.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By TheHBK

Star Wars became atrocious with the prequels.  Revenge of the Sith was ok.  It was fun to watch and the action was great.  But part of the story was crappy.  The whole love being the cause of his downfall was retarded, but I guess a good move in the end by Lucas since love is what brought him back in Jedi.  I just wish the dialogue was better. 
That new Star Wars the Clone Wars show, the 3D one, is retarded.  I mean, it has some ok stories, but their biggest thing to brag about is how they will have someone from the original trilogy be in it this week.  Tarkin, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, anyone they think will kinda fit.  The animation sucks ass.  It is very stiff.  The character faces are dumb too.  I just dont like the art style.  Then they play with the idea of the force so much that it loses its mystique.  Gods controlling the force.  Fluctuations in power, abilities.  For me, it is too all over the place.  Its part of the reason I hated Force Unleashed.  You just make someone too powerful and break the rules just for the sake of doing something different instead of trying to do something good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Star Wars can suck a dick.  Yeah the first two films were good but those were released before I was born.  Everything Star Wars after I was born (save for a few video games) was fucking terrible.   
Is it true that George Lucas hates Empire?  If so that explains so much since that one is a great movie and not just decent for a Star Wars film.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kashif1@WinterSnowblind: No, not seen it recently. If it's as good as you guys say it is, I'll give it a shot. 

The movie (or first few episodes, whichever way you look at it) was incomprehensibly bad, and after watching some of the episodes I just couldn't stomach any more. 

Glad to hear it's turned out for the better. 

Also, never speak such heresy again Snowblind. Tarkovsky's series was brilliant :P
NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NickBOTT
@natetodamax said:

This.   All it says is Star Wars and everyone assumes it's a "What's the best Star Wars Film," thread.  It could be what's the worst?  Or what's your favorite?  
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@GetEveryone: The movie was undeniably awful, I wouldn't blame anyone for losing interest after that. The show definitely improves though, I'd recommend the episodes: Rookies, Landing at Point Rain, Clone Cadets, Arc Troopers and the Nightsisters arc as a jumping on point. Like every show, the quality varies, but these are probably the best episodes.

@TheHBK said:

Star Wars became atrocious with the prequels. Revenge of the Sith was ok. It was fun to watch and the action was great. But part of the story was crappy. The whole love being the cause of his downfall was retarded, but I guess a good move in the end by Lucas since love is what brought him back in Jedi. I just wish the dialogue was better. That new Star Wars the Clone Wars show, the 3D one, is retarded. I mean, it has some ok stories, but their biggest thing to brag about is how they will have someone from the original trilogy be in it this week. Tarkin, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, anyone they think will kinda fit. The animation sucks ass. It is very stiff. The character faces are dumb too. I just dont like the art style. Then they play with the idea of the force so much that it loses its mystique. Gods controlling the force. Fluctuations in power, abilities. For me, it is too all over the place. Its part of the reason I hated Force Unleashed. You just make someone too powerful and break the rules just for the sake of doing something different instead of trying to do something good.

I think you're being a bit harsh here. Again, the animation and detail does improve a lot as the show progresses. I do agree that many of the guest characters have been really stupid, but Boba Fett worked, as it explained much of his backstory and was done in a very unusual way and Tarkin helped show the increasing militarism of the Republic.

You also may have missed the point of the episodes with the "gods controlling the force". Many of the elements in those episodes were kept intentionally vague and instead relied on symbolism. It was meant to be provoke similar theories about the force as the 'dark side tree' in Empire did, not outright tell you everything . But the "balance of the force" and "chosen one" finally makes sense thanks to that story arc, as confusing as they were supposed to be. Not to mention it pretty much retconned the idea of mediclorines (explaining them as organisms that are attracted to force wielders, not something that actually makes the force possible).

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By OldGuy

The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite, though I like the Saturday matinee serial and campiness feel of Star Wars (there is no subtitle or chapter number on the film I watch, thankyouverymuch) a whole lot.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Patman99

Empire and Star Wars are awfully close in my book, but Empire ever so slightly wins....

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By Hizang
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kashif1
@WinterSnowblind said:

@GetEveryone: The movie was undeniably awful, I wouldn't blame anyone for losing interest after that. The show definitely improves though, I'd recommend the episodes: Rookies, Landing at Point Rain, Clone Cadets, Arc Troopers and the Nightsisters arc as a jumping on point. Like every show, the quality varies, but these are probably the best episodes.

\
I actually liked the cg movie for the spectacle of it, I will admit that the story felt too much like a bad pilot but it was a fun movie.  I just wish they'd do something similar for post-episode 6 starwars because Thrawn is too cool of a villain to not have a movie to himself.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Meowshi

Star Wars is still cool to me damn it.  The idea that the prequels have somehow retroactively made the original movies less great, is utter poppycock!   

And yes, the CG series is actually really good, especially in the later series.  Yes, it's a continuation of the awful movie with the "baby Hutt", but it gets a lot darker and more serious as the second and third seasons came around.  I have no problem saying that the CG series is much more entertaining (for kids and adults) than any of the George Lucas-directed prequels movies.  The show has actual writers who are fans of the expanded universe and love referencing things that only the more hardcore fan would get.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#47  Edited By Hector