Star Wars Character Poll (SPOILER)

• 69 results
skuski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Poll Star Wars Character Poll (SPOILER) (474 votes)

Rey is definitely Luke's daughter. 49%
Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia. 7%
Rey is not a part of the Skywalker bloodline. 38%
Who is Rey? 6%

Just speculating Rey's family history, as this is a big topic following the film. I think that it is very very unlikely that Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia based on the movie. I think she is Luke's daughter, because she is very strong in the force (based on the movie) and a non-Skywalker super Jedi would be a mistake in my humble opinion. The Star Wars storyline is centered around the Skywalker family and a deviation from that would be disappointing. Rumors are that Rey's mother hid her on Jakku to protect her from the Jedi and the turmoil that follows the Skywalker family.

• 
donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It would be great if she wasn't part of the Skywalker family

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By sammo21

The thing that's always bothered me about the Star Wars movies, even when I would have been considered a fanboy several years ago, was how small scale this "huge", epic space opera is...but how small the whole thing turns out. Everyone knows someone who is related to another known character whose father did something in a previous movie, etc, etc. I hope Finn doesn't turn out to be related to Lando or something...feels like something George Lucas would have done.

That being said I do think Rey is related to Luke. There would be 0 reason for Rey to have been Han Solo and Leia's kid and them not tell her, especially with them going on a suicide mission; it would also make sense in that Luke went into hiding so he did the same to his kid (maybe kids?).

theshauncannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I thought about that too, still pretty sure she is Luke's, but after watching it again last night (4th overall) Im starting to think that she was just the last Jedi who luke managed to get away from ren and snoke. If kylo killed the jedi, Luke probably took rey, had han take her to jakku, and used the old force persuasion trick to make her forget him and the jedi. Feel's weird hyow EVERYONE pretty much knows skywalkers name except for her, thinking he's a myth.

either way, Looking forward to the future installments

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think it is pretty clear that Rey is Leia's daughter...but she did not give birth to her...because that is how Hutts have babies.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Strongly disagree that diverging from the Skywalker family would be a mistake. There are more than 3 families in the Star Wars universe let's use them.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

She's probably Luke's kid, which is kinda a shame since it's such lazy writting, but considering the crazy amount of "coincidences" in The Force Awakens I feel like that has to be it.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

It's never implied that she is a major characters daughter, you people are Coo-coo.

Obviously she was concieved of a virgin through the power of the force itself, like little annie.

Just kidding... I seriously think her parents aren't important though. And why would luke just ditch her? And who did he have her with? If she's leia and han's, why the hell did they ditch her too? They already fucked up one child, did they think zero parenting would make a less evil kid?! And if she is kylos sister, why did he not say anything? There's no reason to think that rey is related to anyone we know.

There is room in the series for more than just skywalker.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

She's Grand Moff Tarkin's great granddaughter and her family had to leave her on Jakku so she wouldn't be taken advantage of by the First Order.

If she was Luke or Leia's she'd easily fit into the whole 'the Force is strong in my family' thing. I'm hoping she's a completely unrelated Force-badass, but they're clearly setting her up for some lineage reveal.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By monkeyking1969

...oh crap. We really never got Obi Wan's life story in the movies right? (Forget about the expanded universe...they are using ideas from them... but it is no longer canon) All we know is R2D2 finds him, or he finds R2, but then he goes off with Luke and in less than 48 hours he id dead. Did he have a lover? Did he have a child ever? Does he now have a daughter or granddaughter.

The one interesting person to give child, would be Obi Wan. It adds some interest to his overly stiff characterization in Ep1-3 if he had a child.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Oh shit. Obi-Wan even talks to her at the end of the big ol' dream sequence. And he had the lightsaber for a good long while before passing it on to Luke.

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Han and Leia; because it is right out of the EU. She wasn't told for her own protection and for her to be tempted by the dark side from her brother killing their father.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey being related to any of the old cast would be absolutely dreadful.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Before seeing the entire film I had a feeling she was gonna be a Solo but as soon as they revealed Ben and the fact that Han and Leia didn't acknowledge her at all means she's not. Still, there are plenty of hints in the movie that lets us know that Han and Leia know more things about Rey than the audience and this supports the theory that Rey is Luke's daughter.

I really hope they don't go down that route though, my main issue with The Force Awakens was the recycled materials they've taken from the previous movies (in particular A New Hope) and having Rey as a Skywalker will be another knock against the new trilogy. Why does Star Wars have to revolve around the Skywalker family? Anakin's story has ended, they should move on.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Everyone being related makes it sound like Metal Gear. Hopefully she's her own thing.

dynamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's Lando's daughter and Finn is Luke's son.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Originally I thought that Rey is Luke's daughter since the movie heavily implies that on more than one occasion. But the more I think about it, I think that's a red herring, and the twist is that she is Leia/Hans offspring, it would be more powerful for Rey and Kylo to be siblings rather than cousins. "Rey.. I am your brother.."

"NOOOOOO!!!!!". It's a bit of stretch, but Luke supposedly mind wiped Rey's mind with the force and there is no one that says he can't have done the same for Leia and Han. Also Leia is technically a skywalker so his saber could have called out to her all same.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Probably Luke's kid - but I hope that she is not.

Other candidates: Obi Wan or Darth Vader (she is sort of clone or re-incarnation of Darth).

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By a_e_martin

@theht: @monkeyking1969: The thing that goes against the theory of Obi-Wan (and Luke, I guess, by extension) being Rey's father is that Jedi are forbidden from forming attachments and romantic relationships. I could maybe see Luke going against the Jedi Code, but not Obi-Wan.

Also, if Rey were related to Obi-Wan, that would kind of create an inconsistency with the original trilogy. If Obi-Wan had a child in the time between episodes III and IV, and assuming Rey would turn out to be the child of this child, why would Obi-Wan and Yoda assume that Luke and Leia were their "last hope", the last of the Jedi?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@mikemcn: I'm pretty sure she was left on Jakku with the old guy Poe meets in the opening who had the clue to Luke's location.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mikemcn

@starvinggamer said:

@mikemcn: I'm pretty sure she was left on Jakku with the old guy Poe meets in the opening who had the clue to Luke's location.

I don't remember seeing that bit but maybe. I figured that Von Sydow character was just a pure plot device. It could also be coincidental, the force tends to bring unrelated people together in weird ways.

I just think it's weird that people assume she has to be someone's kid. Remember how there was an entire order of jedi knights before the Empire? Want to bet there are plenty of force-sensitive people roaming around who are not named skywalker? Some of those are even super talented, Qui-Gon was a jedi badass but also not prophesized to bring balance to the force, why does Rey need to be anything more?

I bet we find out she's part of another prophecy or somesuch-nonsense in the next film.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a lot of people not liking the fact that people always gotta be apart of a bloodline in these movies or have a connection like that, but those family ties have been huge part of the Star Wars movies since A New Hope. It's fine to not like it but It's also important to realize that's a big part of STAR WARS you don't like. It's not a problem or an issue really. That's just what the Star Wars movie-verse is. Hell, each trilogy focuses on a Skywalker.

As for this new trilogy, one part of me wants her to be Kylo Ren's sister and the other wants her to be Luke's daughter. Both would have interesting outcomes and I feel like both were hinted at a lot in Force Awakens.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mikemcn

@frostyryan said:

I see a lot of people not liking the fact that people always gotta be apart of a bloodline in these movies or have a connection like that, but those family ties have been huge part of the Star Wars movies since A New Hope. It's fine to not like it but It's also important to realize that's a big part of STAR WARS you don't like. It's not a problem or an issue really. That's just what the Star Wars movie-verse is. Hell, each trilogy focuses on a Skywalker.

As for this new trilogy, one part of me wants her to be Kylo Ren's sister and the other wants her to be Luke's daughter. Both would have interesting outcomes and I feel like both were hinted at a lot in Force Awakens.

If that was in the old movies they should run as far away from it as possible. The worst parts of the Force Awakens were its callbacks to movies that already exist. And I continue to not see those "hints", are we trying to recreate the "Luke, I am your father" moment? Lets not do that please. It's been done.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan said:

I see a lot of people not liking the fact that people always gotta be apart of a bloodline in these movies or have a connection like that, but those family ties have been huge part of the Star Wars movies since A New Hope.

Well, originally Luke was not Leia's sister and Darth was not his father. It was Lucas' thing to get everybody into the family. At one point he tried to make Darth and Boba Fett brothers. If new episodes get away from this, the movie's universe will seem greater and will have more potential for fresh stories.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that too, but Rey's vision actually made it seem like she was left with Unkar Plutt, the creature handing out food for parts.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@a_e_martin:

Thats what I thought too! ...and if Luke was the one to do that... what an asshole.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's clearly the daughter of Wedge Antilles :D

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like from everything I remember hearing, if she isn't Luke's daughter..they want that to be a twist.

Items left in the background, brief images and flashbacks, specific styles of dress, or combat, or just general "oh, she's a force user who seems to have light saber training.."

Like is it possible she is one of the other options? Sure it is, its a new movie, new director, they could write in anything they like. But the movie wants you to believe and expect her to be Luke's Daughter.

So, as far as what they want you to believe, I think that's pretty clear. Its the answer you get if you peal back the first layer of the puzzle, if you caught even one of those 'huh that's Luke's old..or didn't he wear..or hmm he clearly was training someone and.." They expect most people, who care, to come out going "ok, Rey is his daighter".

Any other option is, frankly, reserved for the "I wish it was something differnt, ok lets analyze ever last frame of this film and..crowd. And they are not who the movies like subtle hints and etc are aimed at. Cause, you know, you can draw just about any theory you like if you go deep enough (Re: Darth Jar Jar)

So who is Rey? Whoever they want her to be when they answer the question officially in the movie..unless they go "surprise that was a lie!'. Who is she right now? Well..likely Luke's daughter until proven otherwise.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Evilsbane

@bladededge said:

"oh, she's a force user who seems to have light saber training.."

I really don't get why people keep saying this, she had no lightsaber training she isn't some child who had her mind wiped, they clearly showed her being extremely proficient with a staff like weapon she grew up in a harsh place and she clearly can take care of herself. She did not know she was force sensitive but she clearly knows as much about the Jedi as she could learn which is why she knew Jedi Mind Tricks and Force Pull were things she had access to once she realized she had the ability. Luke was using the force to block blaster bolts he couldn't see within a day and ended the first movie by using the force to guide a fucking space torpedo inside a tiny exhaust port no idea why Rey picking up on that stuff seemed so far fetched to some.

Also big point here, Rey Believed in the Force from the moment she was told it was real she was ready, Luke had doubts Rey does not.

Also I REALLY hope she isn't Luke's daughter I agree that it would just make everything just a fucking mess of coincidences.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The Star Wars saga films are a wacky soap opera in space, so I like the idea of all the major players to have Skywalker blood. All the evidence of Rey being Luke's daughter I've seen can also be applied to her being Han and Leia's kid. Since we have no idea who the mother would be at this point I'm going to stick with her being Kylo's brother, not cousin.

It could go any way at this point. I don't think she's a Kenobi, but remember that the Clone Wars animated series is still a part of the canon and Obi-Wan had an affair with a Mandalorian princess.

Whoever Rey turns out to be I think it would be interesting if Kylo and Rey swap roles. Rey could fall to the dark side and Kylo could turn out to be this trilogy's hero. I love that there's mystery back in Star Wars and we can speculate at this point.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Knights of Ren went on their Padawan killing-spree around the time Rey was an infant, it would make sense for Luke to hide her in some remote planet so that no one would ever know there was a Jedi left, other than him.

At the same time it seems too obvious? Episode VII took too much pleasure in devious plot twists for the rest of the trilogy to be that easy...

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno. I can't imagine her being Luke's daughter since there's been no setup for it. If they even so much as mentioned Luke got a girlfriend I'd be a lot more willing to believe it but at this point? Naaaah.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BladedEdge

@evilsbane: Ok, I am not the person who should be defending that particular statement, but since you singled it out I guess I'll give it a go.With reminder my memory is spotty for that final scene.

First, you bring up yourself. She shows tremendous fighting and staff skill..like perhaps she's had weapons training? Like, 'why does someone with that job have this level of.." Its believable, of course she's a force user so she has 'the knack' but still, its a "huh.." for the audience to question.

Second..third..forth. Wait, she's a force user? Just like that, all on her own, with no training what so ever, she can do absolutely everything you expect a apprentice level force-user to do. Mind tricks, pushing, and of course light-saber use. Yes, your absolutely right, Luke was doing a lot of these things very quickly..because he had someone show him how..and because he was a skywalker, the "best jedi family line in the universe". "Huh, why does Rey seem to be so good at this again...

Ok so the lightsaber itself. Why turn it down? Why make her choice to pick it up such a big deal? Why, exactly, does she want to give it back after using it to avenge/defend/clearly skillfully enough for it to be of use to her? On that same note, and here is the real meat of the reason.

She beats up the dude with, we have to assume years of intense light saber training, and use. Like seriously? We get the "I never said I couldn't use a pistol" moment (which is a reference no one will get.

And ok, I'm not even going to touch on the other things people are pointing out (Pilot helmet, outfits, Apprentice who went away etc etc) cause I frankly wrote more then enough on a theory I don't have any stake in.

Sufficient to say this, repeating myself. It could very well be different but it seems to me that Rey=Luke's Daughter is what they want to leave you assuming.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By newmoneytrash

i don't want her to be luke's kid at all

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AlKusanagi

As much as I'd love her not to be related to anyone, they've made far too big a deal about her family not for her to be related to anyone.

While it's probably Luke, she may be Obi-Wan's granddaughter.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel either rey or finn should have had ability with the force, not both.

Also holy hell does this movie rely on nostalgic crutches. It was alright but im hoping for something actually new in (sigh) two years. Little too much "HEY GUYS IT'S HAN!" or "HEY GUYS IT'S C-3PO!"

Seem to be in the minority with my mild disappointment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: i'm mildly disappointed by the excessive callbacks as well, but overall the film surpassed my expectations. I'm sure they'll make the films stand on their own in the spin-offs and later sequels as rey becomes the character everybody knows. Also, did finn have force powers? I thought he just wielded the lightsaber, i'll need to go see the film again.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Jeust

I believe Rey is going to be Kilo Ren love interest, in a love conquers everything plot. So scratch being from Skywalker/Solo families. It would make for an awkward cousin relationship in movies.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By chilibean_3

She is totally Luke's daughter and I'm not sure if I'm down with that.

There's too much hinting at it. I don't think everybody needs to be related to somebody in the first trilogy though.

fezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My current theory / hope is that she is not Skywalker, but was training at the temple Kylo Ren attacked. I don't want all of the new characters to be all of the old character's kids.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tom_omb:

Man, I can't stop thinking about what a cool thing it would be if she killed (or really messed up?) Not Vadar out of a hateful, vengeful rage at the end of the movie then went on to be the big bad for the next two movies. She's already so powerful and Not Vadar wasn't super effective or scary to me.

I'm not sure if it would be better or worse but I couldn't stop thinking about it the day after seeing the movie.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#44  Edited By donutfever

Rey's real name is Dick Whitman. She stole somebody else's identity during the confusion of wartime.

I'd love it if they reversed the ending of Empire. Have her think Kylo Ren is her relative during the whole movie, then during their confrontation at the end:

"You're my family!"

"No, Rey. I killed your family."

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

She is totally Luke's daughter and I'm not sure if I'm down with that.

There's too much hinting at it. I don't think everybody needs to be related to somebody in the first trilogy though.

yeah this makes the most sense to me. it doesn't make sense for luke to just abandon his daughter and run away because of what kylo did

though maybe that does explain the map. idk. i just want her to be like some random like anakin was (without the immaculate conception deal)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: @monkeyking1969: The thing that goes against the theory of Obi-Wan (and Luke, I guess, by extension) being Rey's father is that Jedi are forbidden from forming attachments and romantic relationships. I could maybe see Luke going against the Jedi Code, but not Obi-Wan.

Also, if Rey were related to Obi-Wan, that would kind of create an inconsistency with the original trilogy. If Obi-Wan had a child in the time between episodes III and IV, and assuming Rey would turn out to be the child of this child, why would Obi-Wan and Yoda assume that Luke and Leia were their "last hope", the last of the Jedi?

True, but the the code can easily be side-stepped. He just fell for someone. Simple and strongly relatable, and considering the order had been decimated, Obi-Wan would've had a fair amount of freedom to consider and follow his own path. One which may have been more liberal than the code strictly permitted.

As for the second point, maybe his child wasn't particularly force sensitive? Maybe skipping that generation, it was his granddaughter that ended up exhibiting an stronger aptitude for the Force? While that might be more straight-forward than her being the off-spring of Luke or Leia (considering what we've seen already seen), it does require a lot of additional exposition on Obi-Wan. Not that it would be a bad thing to learn more about his time as Ben Kenobi, or that her being a Skywalker doesn't also require a bunch of rijiggering and expounding.

I got the sense they were really pushing for it to seem like she's Luke's daughter, which immediately made me doubtful that she actually was. If she was, the whole thing would feel oddly not that far removed from that old Lucas shit with the prequels, where he was all "you're gonna see babby Vader and babby Han Solo," but instead it's' "you're gonna see Han and Leia's babby and Luke's babby too, and they don't get along."

So yeah, who knows. I will say this though: I really wanna find out. So that's something Star Wars has going for it.

skuski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Just want to point out that Obi-Wan cannot be the father. The Force Awakens takes place 30 years after Return of the Jedi and Rey is less than 30 years old.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt: Game of Thrones is not for you.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@skuski: He could be a grand father, but I'm not a fan of this theory because there's a lot to explain for movie goers who are not familiar with the cartoons.