Starting a 360 videocast and need help with lavalier mics

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all!

My friends and I are recording ourselves playing old games, a la Unprofessional Fridays style, but we're putting a 360 camera in a chair by us so if you watch the video in a VR headset you feel like you're hanging out with us in the actual room. We're still playing around with the format (it's mostly leaning towards becoming a drinking game, of course) but at some point we want to start live streaming and realize we need to get some lavalier mics like the Giant Bomb boys use because the audio from the 360 camera isn't ideal.

Does anyone know of a good setup for this so we can adjust our audio levels from multiple lav mics and export to whatever capture/streaming software we end up using live? We have an 8 channel mixer that has XLR inputs and USB out but not sure what lavalier setup would work with that. I've been researching quite a bit online but I figured I'd ask here just because Unprofessional Fridays is basically the format we are shooting for and there are some mighty stream/video/audio savvy folks in the community here.

Thank you for any help!!