Staying in SF cheaply

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey all,

So I'm volunteering for an indie/mobile conference next week in SF, and I'm trying to find a place to stay cheaply. Looking at hotel rates, that doesn't really seem like an option for me, so I was wondering if anyone here would have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By duskvamp

Check out Airbnb.com, @wrighteous86 and I just went to SF a couple weeks ago and stayed at a place we found on there, for a good price.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@videorob: Where's the conference at specifically? How long will you be staying for?

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By indieslaw

@duskvamp Hey, thanks very much, I'm already seeing cheaper prices on that search than I've seen anywhere else.

@rorie The conference is in the SF Hilton at Union Square. I start the morning of the 29th, so I figured I'd drive in from Utah on the 28th, and I'll be leaving the morning of the 2nd.

The conference is "Casual Connect", incidentally.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@videorob: Well, the good news is that you're very close to BART, so you can stay anywhere near a BART station, even outside the city, if you don't mind a bit of a commute. Oakland to the Hilton will be around 30 minutes.

Let me know if you want to get a drink while you're in town. I have a friend who works in the Hilton so we sometimes sneak out for drinks after work around there.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Well that's good to hear. Yeah, I don't mind a commute.

And for sure, I'd love to grab a drink. I'll PM you my details once I'm out there. Thanks for all the info, man.