Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alexandru

GP like in family doctor.

So today I was at his cabinet and after talking about some shit, he asked me about my hearing. I then told him that the hearing on my left ear is very muffled and low at which he told me I may need to clean my ear up.

Everything working fine up to this point. But then I told him I attempted cleaning it with a match but I ended up hurting it and making it worse so I stopped (it was hurting and there was some blood). He obviously told me that using a match is stupid, etc, and he wanted me to go see a doctor, which I refused.

And this is where he pissed me off by not shutting up about it. I told him that it's been 2 years since that incident, so it's highly unlikely that something else will happen, but he kept saying that it can be dangerous, etc. I eventually said that I don't care enough and I left.

I just don't get these people that are so obsessed about the smallest stuff and need to urge you to see a doctor. I know he's a doctor himself, but still. Did any of you had stupid arguments like this?

Krankenhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Krankenhaus

You should get your ear checked out.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

God forbid they care about your health.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jdh5153

What the f* is a GP ?

Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Moth_Pope

How dare he want what's best for you. I don't understand where the argument is here. Your ear sounds like quite a bit of a problem and he's suggested you get it fixed. That'd be good, right? Why wouldn't you want to do that?

QuantumPilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By QuantumPilot

You should probably really really see a doctor. It could be a sign of something more serious.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Hamst3r

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

Gonad Puncher.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ducksworth

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

General Practitioner

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jdh5153

@Hamst3r said:

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

Gonad Puncher.

Ah I see. I Googled and got Gay Pride, but that makes more sense.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By DoctorWelch

I recently heard Kid Rock sing a half time song that consisted of the line "I'm talkin bout Rosa Parks." Now, I read this topic, and my entire world has fallen apart. I know not what reality is anymore.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MezZa

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

This...

Also, you used a match?

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By forkboy

@Alexandru said:

So today I was at his cabinet and after talking about some shit, he asked me about my hearing. I then told him that the hearing on my left ear is very muffled and low at which he told me I may need to clean my ear up.

Everything working fine up to this point. But then I told him I attempted cleaning it with a match but I ended up hurting it and making it worse so I stopped (it was hurting and there was some blood). He obviously told me that using a match is stupid, etc, and he wanted me to go see a doctor, which I refused.

And this is where he pissed me off by not shutting up about it. I told him that it's been 2 years since that incident, so it's highly unlikely that something else will happen, but he kept saying that it can be dangerous, etc. I eventually said that I don't care enough and I left.

I just don't get these people that are so obsessed about the smallest stuff and need to urge you to see a doctor. I know he's a doctor himself, but still. Did any of you had stupid arguments like this?

There has to be some context missing here, no? The incident sounds like something far more serious than poking your ear with a matchstick.

Anyway, listen to your GP, get your ear syringed.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Synthballs

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Doctors are evil.

Why would you go to a doctor and disregard any and all advice they try to give you?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Canteu

How odd that your General Practitioner would care about you bleeding out of your ear after you jammed a fucking match in there.

Perhaps that match went a little deeper than you thought and touched the rational part of your brain meats.

My advice as a totally legit and licensed doctor would be to jam some crayons up your nose. That should help.

Anthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Anthony

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

We don't really have GP (General Practitioners) in the US, at least anymore. They are roughly equivalent to a "family doctor."

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@TaliciaDragonsong
Yeah how dare he look out for your best interest. What a shitty doctor. You were in the wrong, OP. and he knows more on the subject than you ever will because it's his chosen career.
evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By evilrazer

@MentalDisruption said:

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

This...

Also, you used a match?

He lit it up.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShadowConqueror

What the fuck are you talking about?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colourful_hippie

I had that issue and I got my ear cleaned out. There was a lot of wax that got removed that I wouldn't have been able to reach with standard stuff so I'm glad I got it done. You should get your ear cleaned out and quit being a dick cuz somebody is giving you good advice and fucking up an ear with a match is a stupid thing to do.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Peanut

Why in the fuck would you try and clean your ear with a god damn match? You can get a bag of cotton swabs for like 50 fucking cents. Also, go get your ear checked out and don't be an asshole to people who want to help you.

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alexandru

@Anthony said:

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

We don't really have GP (General Practitioners) in the US, at least anymore. They are roughly equivalent to a "family doctor."

That's exactly how we call them. I just used GP because I thought that's the recognized term by the english speaking people.

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alexandru

@Canteu said:

How odd that your General Practitioner would care about you bleeding out of your ear after you jammed a fucking match in there.

Perhaps that match went a little deeper than you thought and touched the rational part of your brain meats.

My advice as a totally legit and licensed doctor would be to jam some crayons up your nose. That should help.

it's been 2 years...

scalpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By scalpel

You sound very stupid.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Alexandru

@Canteu said:

it's been 2 years...

And he's a doctor who knows what he's talking about while you really don't. Take his advice and then apologize. Why risk any damage to your ears at all?
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By cornbredx

I assume GP means General Practitioner? Never heard someone refer to that before. 

Anyway, I think the dick in this situation is you. I didn't really see anything in this that indicated he was being mean- quite the opposite.  

The match thing I have heard of before so I am not going to ignorantly say you shouldn't do that or WTF!!?! but you should use hot water and a qtip or something like that instead. It's safer and basically it melts the wax and you can drip it out. 

Best advice though is to see a doctor. No way around it. If you hurt yourself, you only have you to blame for not informing yourself which only a actual doctor can do. Trust me. And I hate doctors and try to never go to one, and I'm telling you this.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By frankfartmouth

I didn't really follow what you said, but yeah, I have lots of disagreements with doctors, and also sometimes get caught in arguments about meaningless things with people...Is that what you were asking?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cloudenvy

Ugh, people looking out for your well being is the worst!

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jack268

Is it really that hard to go get it checked out? If you reserve a time it takes like 15 minutes tops if everything is as good as you say.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By FancySoapsMan

why would you even tell him that story if you didn't think it was important?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MrKlorox

Wow... is this a real thread?

edit: And the only reason I know what a GP is is because I played Theme Hospital, which is very British.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Be grateful you have access to free and accesible healthcare.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By pjacobson21

My diagnosis? A full blown case of first world problems.

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alexandru

@pjacobson21 said:

My diagnosis? A full blown case of first world problems.

I live in eastern europe (Romania)... hardly 1st world...

Wondeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wondeboy

Hardly 3rd world either though?

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scrawnto

@Alexandru said:

@Canteu said:

it's been 2 years...

The fact that it's been two years doesn't change the fact that you probably still have impacted ear wax that ought to be cleared out. I had to have mine cleaned at a clinic a couple years back, and I felt like I had super hearing afterward. If it would help you, you should just do it. And if they take a look and it turns out that you fucked up your ear drum permanently, then oh well, but ignoring it isn't the right move.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Arbie

Did your GP not look in your ear himself with that little ear instrument thing they have?

Also, my boyfriend damaged his ear years and years ago and he still has trouble with it even now. So depending on what damage you caused you never know if that could have helped towards you losing hearing in your ear. Either way, you should count yourself lucky that your GP actually listened to you and offered advice.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Well if you're jamming matches in your ear I doubt you should be the one making decisions about your health.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By beeftothetaco

You should probably do what he says.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SSully

You are an idiot.

mcnorhymes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mcnorhymes

am a little bit confused.....

do you or don't you, have yearly check ups with some doctor of some sort that involves them using a Otoscope (or auriscope) ?

and did this person that told you that you needed to see a doctor not use said item ?

i agree that little details in a conversation with someone can drive up to huge misunderstandings and conclusion jumping.

that being said though , it's no excuse to dismiss a concern instigated by you ; your yearly check up should have been the rebuttal to his concern.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By AlexW00d

People don't know what a GP is. Wat?

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Grillbar

first of why the fuck did you clean your ears with a match

second why the fuck do you think you know so much more about it then a doctor who deals with this for a living.

but okay i can see that he is evil for only wanting the best for you and your health.

im sorry but your a retard in this specific case.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By Justin258

@Alexandru said:

@Canteu said:

it's been 2 years...

So can you give me any rational reason to not go? I mean, if you lack the money to go, then that's one thing, but simply refusing to go because fuck those doctors? Why not?

Judging by this and your "is this normal?" thread, you're well on your way to a life of unreasonable hate, bitterness, and depression. Come on, dude.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrKlorox
@AlexW00d said:

People don't know what a GP is. Wat?

You're shocked or annoyed at yet another thing USA does different from the UK. What?
Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Trainer_Red

@jdh5153 said:

@Hamst3r said:

@jdh5153 said:

What the f* is a GP ?

Gonad Puncher.

Ah I see. I Googled and got Gay Pride, but that makes more sense.

You just probably need to clear your history. I got GP Motors.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ShockD

I would listen to the doctor, he wouldn't do it for your bad. A simple check is not that expensive nor painful. Also your deafness could be due to that accident.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zeforgotten
@believer258 said:

@Alexandru said:

@Canteu said:

it's been 2 years...

So can you give me any rational reason to not go? I mean, if you lack the money to go, then that's one thing, but simply refusing to go because fuck those doctors? Why not?

Judging by this and your "is this normal?" thread, you're well on your way to a life of unreasonable hate, bitterness, and depression. Come on, dude.

And that kind of life usually ends in "mysterious" ways. 
Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Alexandru

@ZeForgotten said:

do elaborate

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Alexandru said:

@ZeForgotten said:

do elaborate

A shoot-out, suicide, or a trip to Epcot.

@Grillbar said:

im sorry but your a retard in this specific case.

you're

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Go see a doctor. Its good advice. Your ear can easily be infected or something else that might even be easily fixed. Why are you getting so mad?