Submitting podcast to iTunes?

Marsher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Marsher

do i need a website or something, because iTunes ask for an RSS feed link. How do i get a link if its just an audio file on my hard drive, do i have to make one is there a program for windows that can make one for me please help thanks.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Besides the talk with Leo Laporte, watch everything.
Baljot187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Baljot187

To be honest, I'd pay the 10 GBP (Great British Pounds) and make an account at Jellycast. It's what Ricky Gervais used to host his podcast, and it is still the Guinness Book record holder for most downloaded podcast of all time. I personally use Jellycast, and they are great.  
You just pay the one time fee of 10 GBP (about 15 USD, last I checked) and you get an allowance of 25GB of data/month, which is a heck of a lot. If you're doing a weekly podcast that runs about 100MB/podcast, about 250 people/month would be able to download your podcast without you going over.  

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Baljot187 said:
" To be honest, I'd pay the 10 GBP (Great British Pounds) and make an account at Jellycast. It's what Ricky Gervais used to host his podcast, and it is still the Guinness Book record holder for most downloaded podcast of all time. I personally use Jellycast, and they are great.  You just pay the one time fee of 10 GBP (about 15 USD, last I checked) and you get an allowance of 25GB of data/month, which is a heck of a lot. If you're doing a weekly podcast that runs about 100MB/podcast, about 250 people/month would be able to download your podcast without you going over.   "
Unless it's a music podcast or one that needs clarity, better to have lower bitrate casts.