T-shirt contest: Do I need design changes?

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Ok so I am going to enter a Tee shirt design contest but before I enter I need some thoughts on my design, what should I change before I enter it?
The Title for the shirt is "Wolf shirts are cool!" Which is basically a play on making those god-awful red-neck wolf shirts cool.
Also: Later once I make said changes I'll make a new thread and link you to the site to vote and have you guys vote  for my design >:D

Note: This is not for the Giant bomb "Never" T-shirt contest
CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CowMuffins

The outline on the glasses needs to be darker.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

I dunno if the glasses are supposed to look like they don't fit in at all or not but that's how they look, take it as you will.

I think the wolf's head is too big. The dialogue bubble makes looking at the shirt kind of awkward.
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Jayge said:
" I dunno if the glasses are supposed to look like they don't fit in at all or not but that's how they look, take it as you will.

I think the wolf's head is too big. The dialogue bubble makes looking at the shirt kind of awkward.
"
Hmm awkward? Care to elaborate? Also I have to admit once I started making the glasses try to be realistic I kept failing miserably so I just decided to make them look as tacked on as possible.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jNerd

I think the rims on the glasses should be darker & you might want to lighten up the lense on the left. It looks a little too dark.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayge_
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Jayge said:
" I dunno if the glasses are supposed to look like they don't fit in at all or not but that's how they look, take it as you will.

"
Hmm awkward? Care to elaborate? Also I have to admit once I started making the glasses try to be realistic I kept failing miserably so I just decided to make them look as tacked on as possible. "
The way I see it there are two main attention-focusing parts to the image, the blotch of white on the nose which is fine I guess because it's centered and the dialogue box, which is weird and has the person looking at it focusing randomly on the upper-right part of the dude's chest. It just seems kind of awkward to me for some reason. Although it might just be me because I pay attention to strange things.
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Jayge said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @Jayge said:

"
Hmm awkward? Care to elaborate? Also I have to admit once I started making the glasses try to be realistic I kept failing miserably so I just decided to make them look as tacked on as possible. "
The way I see it there are two main attention-focusing parts to the image, the blotch of white on the nose which is fine I guess because it's centered and the dialogue box, which is weird and has the person looking at it focusing randomly on the upper-right part of the dude's chest. It just seems kind of awkward to me for some reason. Although it might just be me because I pay attention to strange things.
"
I get what you're saying now...I can take out the white blotch no problem. As for the dialogue box it was actually the last thing I put in there because I thought it needed a splash of color. Originally the dialogue box was to be right next to the head almost touching it, but as I placed it onto the shirt I realized there wasn't enough room for it on the side if I still wanted to keep everything big.

Here's what it looked like originally...
No Caption Provided

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jNerd

I didn't notice it until someone else pointed it out but I'd work the white on his nose more into the surrounding colors because it sticks out a lot.

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Alrighty. I made the rims darker and got rid of the white splotch and dialogue box. I still have to correct the lenses on the glasses, but I think I might just do the glasses all over.

No Caption Provided

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jimbo

Needs more moons.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jNerd

Diggin it'

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JJOR64

Where is the is Luchadeer at?  :-P  Just something about the sun glasses that doesn't look right.  If looks like you just photoshoped them in.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_
@JJOR64 said:
" Where is the is Luchadeer at?  :-P  Just something about the sun glasses that doesn't look right.  If looks like you just photoshoped them in. "
I think that's part of the shirt's charm though.
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@JJOR64 said:
" Where is the is Luchadeer at?  :-P  Just something about the sun glasses that doesn't look right.  If looks like you just photoshoped them in. "
Then I've done my job, they're supposed to look photoshopped.
Anyways, Here's Version 3 with Fixed Rim distinction and the suggested moon :P

No Caption Provided

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By JJOR64
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @JJOR64 said:
Then I've done my job, they're supposed to look photoshopped.
Anyways, Here's Version 3 with Fixed Rim distinction and the suggested moon :P

No Caption Provided
"
Well, if it's supposed to like like that then. job well done.  Looks awesome.
baba2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By baba2

I like it. The glasses don't look that tacked on. But then I wouldn't really want them to look real on a wolf.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bruce
@TheMustacheHero:

I think what he's trying to say is that the glasses on the Wolf make the Wolf look like a Reh-Tard. Although, that could be the point.
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Bruce said:
" @TheMustacheHero: I think what he's trying to say is that the glasses on the Wolf make the Wolf look like a Reh-Tard. Although, that could be the point. "
>:/ I think you're missing the point of his post, aside from that I take offense for calling my design retarded.
If you're not going to help and actually say something that has meaning behind it I suggest you don't post at all. I'm looking for critics not douchebags.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kmdrkul

I think either iterations of the shirt look hilarious, especially since the wolf appears to be smiling, but it seems like it might be expensive for them to print... Ryan said to keep the number of colors down and I'm seeing several shades of tans and grays...

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the last note of your post.  And personally, having a badass crescent moon seems far more "redneck radical-ish" then the blue blurb.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By Suicrat
@TheMustacheHero: Too many colours
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Suicrat said:
" @TheMustacheHero: Too many colours "
Are you serious?
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Discorsi

because sun glasses make everything cool....

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Suicrat

Yes. It needs to be 3 tones or less. That's multitone

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Suicrat said:
" Yes. It needs to be 3 tones or less. That's multitone "
Protip: read the "NOTE" on my original post.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ineedaname

If you're looking for reasons why wolves are cool you can take note from:
http://www.birkoph.com/Wolf_tshirt.htm
(read the comments)

And to be constructive having looked at that t-shirt a few times, I feel the glasses need to be reworked, they look a little wonky.
I know the perspective may affect it, but size wise they seem a little of.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Suicrat

Well, if you want to incur the extra cost of the extra tones, feel free.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hatking

I got to be honest I think I like blurb better than the moon, either way though it is a pretty funny design, good job.

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Suicrat said:
" Well, if you want to incur the extra cost of the extra tones, feel free. "
You STILL Obviously have NOT read my Original post, THIS IS NOT FOR THE GIANTBOMB TEE SHIRT CONTEST!!!!!
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Suicrat
@TheMustacheHero: I did, but you didn't seem to mention that the teeshirt contest was for producing a $50 teeshirt design. You should go to two or three tone, otherwise it won't win the contest, unless it's for some sort of high-end teeshirt maker or some shit....