TeamFourStar does the best English version of Gohan's SS2 Transformation!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

For those of you who don't know Team Four Star has been working on Dragon Ball Z abridged for nearly a decade now, which is a satire of the series that has only gotten better as time has gone on. Recently after almost a year on hiatus, they released the 60th episode which covers Gohan transforming into SS2 while facing Cell. To commemorate this milestone they translated the original Japanese version of the song that plays when Gohan transforms (Unmei No Hi Day of Fate Spirit vs Spirit) and it's... magical. It's a shame that Funimation could never incorporate this song into either the original Z or into Kai, because in my opinion it made the scene so much more dramatic and powerful.

So what do you guys think? Pretty good right?

Also here is the cover of the song itself:

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Yup, really good year. Hearing Jeff sound genuinely excited about the show was some of the most entertaining GB content this year.

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

Got NOTHING on Rocco's cover. But yeah, even if I'm not a fan of TFS necessarily, gotta commend the work they've put in.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: If you haven't seen the video it's from, it's fantastic

Loading Video...

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@liquidprince: I'd already fallen off of the episode by the time the transformation happened, so I wasn't that impressed.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Fallen off of DBZ or off of Abridged? Either way what does that have to do with appreciating a really good English cover of an iconic song?

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I didn't like that speech from 16. It seemed to have come out of nowhere, especially since Gohan was always portrayed a just a scared child rather than an actual pacifist. Maybe gentle, but not from an actual ideological choice. Just very strange. I stilled loved the episode over all. And the music really sells the transformation.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@grandcurator: Fun BTS fact I learned from watching one of the Mega 64 podcasts was that they tried to meticulously recreate the entire Gohan going SS2 scene frame by frame. I think they did a fantastic job.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novis said:

Yeah, I didn't like that speech from 16. It seemed to have come out of nowhere, especially since Gohan was always portrayed a just a scared child rather than an actual pacifist. Maybe gentle, but not from an actual ideological choice. Just very strange. I stilled loved the episode over all. And the music really sells the transformation.

You're thinking about Gohan as he is shown in actual Z. The speech from 16 is directed towards Abridged Gohan, so it's harsher then it needed to be in actual Z.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@flstyle: I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Fallen off of DBZ or off of Abridged? Either way what does that have to do with appreciating a really good English cover of an iconic song?

That specific video.

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@novis said:

You're thinking about Gohan as he is shown in actual Z. The speech from 16 is directed towards Abridged Gohan, so it's harsher then it needed to be in actual Z.

Yeah, I was talking directly about the Abridged. Maybe there was an instance where he said he was a pacifist and I just don't remember, but it really just didn't work for me.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By s-a-n-JR
@novis said:
@liquidprince said:
@novis said:

Yeah, I was talking directly about the Abridged. Maybe there was an instance where he said he was a pacifist and I just don't remember, but it really just didn't work for me.

I mean, in the official dub, 16 is telling Gohan it's OK to fight on the side of justice and some villains can't be reasoned with. So I think pacifist isn't inaccurate.