Th3j35t3r reveals one member of Lulzsec.

• 103 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The Jester has revealed one member of lulzsec on his blog, the members username is anonkomis (Casey Gardiner) and is seen in the picture wearing a military style uniform. 

The jester also says he has information on the others and will reveal them in time, not looking good for lulzsec, lulz.

***Photo posted below***

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Wearing his daddy's uniform like a good little rich kid.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Karl_Boss

Cool.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

Thank you Th3j35t3r....god the numbers as letters hurt my brain.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I approve of this message. Let him rat out the hackers and get them tossed away. 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

If this is real I think I love you Jester.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bushpusherr

While the nature of the genesis of all of this is generally unsettling, the idea of this "war" between hackers, and our ability to watch it all unfold, is pretty fucking awesome to behold.  It feels like something out of a movie.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

@Bucketdeth: Here ya go, I did the work. I doubt this will change anything (but maybe he'll be sniped).

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TooWalrus: Haha, thanks.
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By beforet

So who is this "Jester" character, anyway? A hacker with a heart of gold? Or just finding lulz in another manner?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MezZa
@bushpusherr said:
While the nature of the genesis of all of this is generally unsettling, the idea of this "war" between hackers, and our ability to watch it all unfold, is pretty fucking awesome to behold.  It feels like something out of a movie.
My thoughts exactly.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Beforet said:

So who is this "Jester" character, anyway? A hacker with a heart of gold? Or just finding lulz in another manner?

If he really is ratting them out. Maybe hs a real "Hacker" whos pissed off that these people are giving hackers a bad name and being public fuck heads. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bushpusherr
@Beforet: A hacker who is self proclaimed ex US military who spends most of his hacking talents on disrupting Islamic terrorist web communication.  He also took down Wikileaks when they released American military documents.  He seemingly turned to LulzSec after they attacked the CIA.  Dude has been relentless ever since.  Reading his blog is actually really fascinating.
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By ReyGitano

@bushpusherr said:

While the nature of the genesis of all of this is generally unsettling, the idea of this "war" between hackers, and our ability to watch it all unfold, is pretty fucking awesome to behold. It feels like something out of a movie.

No matter who wins, we lose?

erics22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By erics22

from what i hear jester is a real "hacktavist" he hacks and does DoS attacks on terrorist propaganda websites. so yea id say hes pissed at all these little kids that  would like nothing more than ruin his good name and others like him.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beforet

I guess that's all good to hear. I just hope he, or she, is giving us the right people. It would be a shame if innocents were to be dragged into this silliness.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Kyreo

Internet wars are scary.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FourWude
@bushpusherr said:
@Beforet: A hacker who is self proclaimed ex military who spends most of his hacking talents on disrupting Islamic terrorist web communication.  He also took down Wikileaks when they released American military documents.  He seemingly turned to LulzSec after they attacked the CIA.  Dude has been relentless ever since.  Reading his blog is actually really fascinating.

He sounds less like an independent "hacker" and more like an arm of the government.

I've been 'suspicious' over this whole hacker episodes anyway. Something doesn't sit right with me. Oh well.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bushpusherr
@SlashseveN303: idk, from the looks of it the Jester doesn't don a black hat.  Him dismantling LulzSec leaves the average Joe in a better place, imo. 

@FourWude: He's gone on record saying he has zero affiliation with the government.  How much his word is worth is of course a complete mystery though.  And, if anything, all of this should encourage people to take their internet security much more seriously (individually as well as corporate)
erics22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By erics22
@bushpusherr: amen
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FourWude
@erics22 said:
from what i hear jester is a real "hacktavist" he hacks and does DoS attacks on terrorist propaganda websites. so yea id say hes pissed at all these little kids that  would like nothing more than ruin his good name and others like him.
He also attacks Wikileaks and other 4Chan members. So is he really any better? He's just a hacker who has his own agenda going after other hackers who have their own agendas.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StaticFalconar

And another page in the hacker civil war is written

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FourWude said:
@erics22 said:
He also attacks Wikileaks and other 4Chan members. So is he really any better? He's just a hacker who has his own agenda going after other hackers who have their own agendas.
Well he maybe just another hacker, but at least he is dealing with this group of idiots.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

th3j35t3r is like the Batman of the internet.
erics22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By erics22
@FourWude: um yes........its stupid to think that him going after the "bad" people is the same as some kids fucking up all these game companies. this whole lulzsec thing started because anonymous was getting all the headlines for the sony attacks and lulzsec wanted to make a name for themselves so the started to attack anyone that would grab a headline. yes he has an agenda,its to stop bad people...... read the wiki,he targets people that attack america. is that bad? you good sir have no clue.
Amerist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Amerist

At some  point, this will be the end of an era. Although, it'll be a bit before we know if this pans out or not. Hacker drama, better than EvE drama. ξ

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FourWude
@erics22 said:
@FourWude: um yes........its stupid to think that him going after the "bad" people is the same as some kids fucking up all these game companies. this whole lulzsec thing started because anonymous was getting all the headlines for the sony attacks and lulzsec wanted to make a name for themselves so the started to attack anyone that would grab a headline. yes he has an agenda,its to stop bad people...... read the wiki,he targets people that attack america. is that bad? you good sir have no clue.

So now theJester or however you spell his name is the good guy? As much as I hate 4Chan members, they're not really people "attacking" America are they? Neither is Wikileaks. And I loathe Westboro Baptist Church, but hacking them is just a dickish move which ironically gives them even more exposure, which is the worst thing you can do to those guys.

Sorry but painting this guy as some parable of "white knight holiness" isn't cutting it. If he catches some lulzsec members good on him, but he's doing it as much for himself as some protection of the homeland.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By crusader8463

Now there's good hackers fighting the bad ones? It's official. This going to be a movie in the next 5-10 years.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MezZa
@xSUFFOKATEx said:
If this becomes a movie I now want Batman to be in it.
bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bushpusherr
@FourWude: On his blog he lays out how 4chan is essentially just the public face of Anonymous, and he only briefly took down Wikileaks when they released US military documents.  And attacking the WBC may have given them a bit of exposure, but I'm sure that's nothing compared to the damage that was done from their website being kept down for weeks at a time (and I'm sure he only attacked them because of their presence at military funerals).  
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm waiting to see what comes out of this, taking down one member isn't going to do much in the long run.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FourWude
@bushpusherr said:
@FourWude: On his blog he lays out how 4chan is essentially just the public face of Anonymous, and he only briefly took down Wikileaks when they released US military documents.  And attacking the WBC may have given them a bit of exposure, but I'm sure that's nothing compared to the damage that was done from their website being kept down for weeks at a time (and I'm sure he only attacked them because of their presence at military funerals).  

By and large hacking these sites, barely disrupts their lines of communication. It barely hurts them. 4Chan and Anon are still around and still ongoing. Wikileaks released their documents and are still around. And "unfortunately" Westboro Baptist Church is still around. So his "attacks" didn't really do anything. 

Vigilantism by and large doesn't work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FourWude said:
@bushpusherr said:

By and large hacking these sites, barely disrupts their lines of communication. It barely hurts them. 4Chan and Anon are still around and still ongoing. Wikileaks released their documents and are still around. And "unfortunately" Westboro Baptist Church is still around. So his "attacks" didn't really do anything. 

Vigilantism by and large doesn't work.

Well he is only one guy, he is at least doing something. No one else seems to even want to try and dent Lulzsec but this guy, so yeah I would consider him sort of a white-knight, he isn't targeting anyone who doesn't deserve it.
erics22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By erics22
@FourWude said:
@erics22 said:

So now theJester or however you spell his name is the good guy? As much as I hate 4Chan members, they're not really people "attacking" America are they? Neither is Wikileaks. And I loathe Westboro Baptist Church, but hacking them is just a dickish move which ironically gives them even more exposure, which is the worst thing you can do to those guys.

Sorry but painting this guy as some parable of "white knight holiness" isn't cutting it. If he catches some lulzsec members good on him, but he's doing it as much for himself as some protection of the homeland.

well in the end if i had to say who the good guy is,yes id say jester.4chan was created by hackers for hackers to meet,so yea.wikileaks ans jester put it did threaten assets on the ground and foreign relations.and as far as the church goes....i never herd of him taking them down untill now,but there where thousands if not millions the could not go on their website. i am in no way trying to paint him as the white knight,but someone has to fight the good fight,i know i cant.im about as computer savvy to post a message here.i love america and he is fighting for it.......thats all i need to know.best way to catch rats is use a snake.
bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bushpusherr
@FourWude: The WBC attack certainly seemed like more of a statement than practical application.  His methods and approach with the Jihadist websites, however, seems to be completely different, and to much greater effect.   

And attacking sites is one thing, sure, but in this case it seems he is simply after uncovering the members behind these attacks.  That, surely, could produce fruit.
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By ThePickle

Excuse my ignorance, but is Anonymous any way affiliated with LulzSec?

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

I remember saying in an earlier post that other hackers would come because these hackers have overstepped their limitations. LET THE WAR GAMES COMMENCE!

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By beforet

@HandsomeDevil said:

It's hard to say, given the very nature of Anonymous.

If this becomes a movie, I demand it be named Infinite Jest, the docudrama of the cyberwars of 2011.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HandsomeDevil said:

I believe they are members of Anonymous who formed Lulzsec as a rebel type hacker group.
bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bushpusherr
@HandsomeDevil: I don't think any official statements have been made or anything like that, but opinions by those involved seem to point to LulzSec being a group of Anon members that broke off so that they could act out of Anon's typical protocol (picking their own targets, etc.).
Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HandsomeDevil said:

According to th3j35t3r:

"LulzSec wanted to disenfranchise themselves away from ‘Anonymous/AnonOps’ as much as possible so they could:

A) Claim credit for themselves
B) Higher Risk Targets
C) Not involve the group as a whole
D) Financial Gain
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his blogs are actually pretty interesting...

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MikkaQ

@HandsomeDevil said:

There's a weird intercepted transcript on that jester dude's site suggesting that they were a splinter group taking higher risk targets or whatever, but honestly who knows if any of that shit is true, if it is... this is playing out like a movie. Either way it makes for a fun read.

@xSUFFOKATEx said:

Given he's usually attacking jihadist websites, terrorist communications and wikileaks, he seems more like the Captain America of the internet.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SSully

This jester guy is a real badass. I just read one of his blog posts where there is basically a guy acting like him on twitter. He ignores it for a good month until he starts going to far. The jester then basically makes a fake persona, schedules an interview, manages to get all of this guys personal info, and then puts out that blog. The real hook is he didn't put out any of the guys personal info. Instead he puts out 4 random facts about the guy, a blurred picture, and his favorite quote and basically says to quit the shit, you lost. A few days later the imposter basically freaks out and starts bluffing and eventually tweets himself from the imposter jesters twitter and releases his own public info to the public, basically screwing himself. Hilarious.

This shit really could be a movie.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By ajamafalous

@xSUFFOKATEx said:

Because he's the hero the internet deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CaptainCody
@erics22 said:
@FourWude said:
@erics22 said:

well in the end if i had to say who the good guy is,yes id say jester.4chan was created by hackers for hackers to meet,so yea.wikileaks ans jester put it did threaten assets on the ground and foreign relations.and as far as the church goes....i never herd of him taking them down untill now,but there where thousands if not millions the could not go on their website. i am in no way trying to paint him as the white knight,but someone has to fight the good fight,i know i cant.im about as computer savvy to post a message here.i love america and he is fighting for it.......thats all i need to know.best way to catch rats is use a snake.

4chan was not created for hackers.. I'm sorry, but I guess I'm going to be the one to ask: What the fuck is with all the new retarded posters?
CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CaptainCody

Considering editting is not working I shall simply double post. If any of you actually READ his article you would understand he hacked 4chan because they were trying to unveil his identity (and do so incorrectly.) Which lead to him hacking the site as a warning and a means for them to stop trying.
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Subjugation
@erics22 said:
@FourWude said:
@erics22 said:

4chan was created by hackers for hackers to meet,so yea.
Yeah, nope.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Poole#moot

4chan was started in 2003 in the bedroom of a then-15-year-old student from New York City who posts as "moot". He intended the site to be a place to discuss Japanese comics and anime, an American counterpart to the popular Japanese Futaba Channel ("2chan") imageboard.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By Enigma777

I just spent 3 hours reading his blog. Fuck...