Thank you GB

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Potatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Patrick, Drew, Rorie, Ian, Dave and all the past members of Giant Bomb for the awesome website. You guys gave me a little something to look forward to when constantly feeling down for as long as I can remember. I truly appreciate it, but my time has come. Keep up the wonderful work!

I wish I believed in an afterlife. I could meet Ryan in person and maybe he'd call me a human piece of shit and throw water in my face :P.

Goodbye,

Potatoes/Justin

Brother_PipPop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't do it dude.

andmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talk with us buddy, what's wrong

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Duder whats up? Dont do anything rash or anything!

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this is a joke, this is not a solution to anything duder, we are listening.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

I wish I woke up 30 mins ago, sent a PM to mods. Don't do it, you have us.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By GS_Dan

Give things another shot duder.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't do it, duder. We're all here for you, let's talk this out.

Kittiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duder, we're all here for you. Don't do this, please just talk with us.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DON'T DO IT

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What the others said. Please don't.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been 50 mins, if this isn't a joke, this is concerning.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

Whatever is wrong, please don't do it. It isn't worth it.

Contact the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Contact a family member. Contact a friend. Contact a forum member. Just talk to someone.

Lydian_Sel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Don't do it Justin!! There's always a better solution. Call a friend, talk to your neighbour, let somebody know something is wrong.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please duder, talk to someone, even if it's just to us chuckleheads on the internet. There's always a better way.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

Don't do this, man, people here at GB will talk to you if you need to let something out and don't know of anyone to talk to. We've got some good people here. You've got a whole life to live. When people say "it will get better", they mean it, it will get better.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duder, don't do it. I've been hella sick my entier life and I'll never get better. But you learn to deal with things. What believer238 said is true. It really does get better.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hosstile17

This is incredibly concerning. Don't do anything crazy. It always gets better, man.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope this is just a bad joke. Talk to us, or a friend, just tell someone what's wrong, you'll fell better afterwards. That's what Ryan would have wanted.

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But then you will miss the next endurance run. Seriously, this is not a solution to anything, do not do this. Whatever you are going through right now, it will get better.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

In case this is not just a dumb joke (this is the internet after all) ... don't do it duder. There is nothing on this world bad enough to harm yourself. There is a way to figure everything out.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Dude, seriously. If this is your only outlet to talking to someone then talk to us. Everything seems like the worst in the now but things will get better.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope we don't lose a human out of this but it is reassuring to see these comments from the GB community.

PrimalHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrimalHorse

Yeah dude don't give up, nothing worth having comes easy. Chat to any one here, everyone has hard times, its one of the things that keeps us connected.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GiantLizardKing

Duder, don't do it! Things can only get better if you feel this badly now. Like Chaser said, contact the suicide prevention hotline , call a loved one, or even reach out to some of us on GB.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By chiablo
Loading Video...

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justin,
Anyone here would want to talk to you. Talk to a friend, talk to a professional, or talk to us, but please talk to somebody.
The suicide prevention lifeline number is 1-800-273-8255. There are people who can help you get through this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve been their duder and it’s not worth it. Stop and think, you’ve posted on the forums I think that’s a good step just by doing this your reaching out to the community so even if you don’t have someone close you can talk to you can call a local support hotline. Hell even MP some duder you know.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By flasaltine

Don't do what I think you are about to do.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I do not know what it is that has led you to this path, but please don't do this.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pyrodactyl

@potatoes:

Don't do it dude.

Don't do it Justin!! There's always a better solution. Call a friend, talk to your neighbour, let somebody know something is wrong.

Justin,

Anyone here would want to talk to you. Talk to a friend, talk to a professional, or talk to us, but please talk to somebody.

The suicide prevention lifeline number is 1-800-273-8255. There are people who can help you get through this.

DON'T DO IT

@sammo21 said:

Dude, seriously. If this is your only outlet to talking to someone then talk to us. Everything seems like the worst in the now but things will get better.

I wish I woke up 30 mins ago, sent a PM to mods. Don't do it, you have us.

I’ve been their duder and it’s not worth it. Stop and think, you’ve posted on the forums I think that’s a good step just by doing this your reaching out to the community so even if you don’t have someone close you can talk to you can call a local support hotline. Hell even MP some duder you know.

@deox said:

Please don't do it, duder. We're all here for you, let's talk this out.

@peritus said:

Duder whats up? Dont do anything rash or anything!

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie this guy is a premium member, do you have any information that might be useful in getting in touch with someone he knows?

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talk to someone, any of us, you don't need a permanent solution to something that is so often a temporary problem.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34 chaser324  Moderator  Online
AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justin, please please please don't do anything stupid! You have an entire community here for you and whatever is upsetting you isn't worth doing this for! Just talk to us and tell us what's wrong, or really just talk about anything. Just don't do this man!

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

Hey man, I know I don't know you, but I know you enough to tell you that suicide isn't the answer to anything. Don't make the most rash decision, consult professional help. The suicide prevention hotline is 1-800-273-8255. There's no shame in it. What you're feeling will pass, and when you overcome this trial you'll look back on this moment as one of triumph as opposed to one of weakness. Please do not throw away the greatest thing we have on earth, which is each other. No matter who you are, there is someone who loves you and will miss you. Even if it's just a bunch of duders on an Internet forum.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

@potatoes Hey man I know how you feel, trust me, but doing something like this is never the answer. There is still so much hope and happiness in life to be experienced. The most important thing to remember is to take one day at time and know that It's always going to get better eventually.

Of course bad things will inevitably happen in life, but it's important to not ruminate on them forever, don't let them consume you. Sometimes we can get trapped in our own minds. What's key is to keep moving forward and not let something bad take complete hold of you.

Whatever your problems are doing something like what I think your suggesting is never the answer. Please don't throw away everything! We might just be random duders on the Internet, but were right here if you need to talk.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Please don't do anything rash duder, thoughts and prayers are with you today.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40  Edited By turboman

Just by the few pictures you've uploaded, there are definitely people around you that care about you. We also care about you too because you are one of us. Please reconsider whatever it is you're about to do. Give 1-800-273-8255 a call, get in touch with a friend, go out for a walk, or anything else.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ghostiet

@jeff, @rorie, @zombiepie - guys, we'd appreciate the help here.

Last Friday, I felt like shit and felt like surviving through the coming days will be impossible, but I reached out. Now I'm okay. You're not alone. You're never alone. Unless you're a hermit living on the top of Mount Everest, you're not alone.

Be okay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc2c1e26f3e7
deactivated-5fc2c1e26f3e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostiet said:

@jeff, @rorie, @zombiepie - guys, we'd appreciate the help here.

Duder needs to call crisis services. Getting the Jeff and the others involved is not going to help because they're not trained to deal with someone in this situation. Please don't make it their responsibility to save this guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to feel like an idiot if this just happens to be a troll, which I unfortunately doubt. This time of the year can be really fucking rough for some people, I know - I've been there. Someone needs to hone their stalker skills and find this dude and give him or someone close to him a call. Even if it would be one awkward call, it could save a life.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Please tell me this is a sick joke. I really hope you didn't do anything. Please please come here and talk with us.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AltonBrown

We're all behind you. Sincerely wishing you the best.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By afabs515

I realize that it's been over 2 hours since this post, but dude, that's never the answer. Hopefully this is a horrible joke or a psych study or something, but if not, don't do it. As alone as you feel, no one is ever truly alone. Just look at all the people here who don't even know you personally who are genuinely concerned. As bad as things may be now, time and/or counseling heal all wounds. Hope you're okay, dude.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey man,

I genuinely hope this is just you venting and not a definitive decision you've already made. There is help out there that can be effective, and my hope is that you have people around you that you can talk to in a crisis situation. If not, the hotline numbers posted by others in this thread could be of great help to you. And if you just need another duder to talk to who's had these kinds of feelings before, you can always shoot me a PM. I've been there, believe me.

For those posting in this thread, know that I am doing what I can to try and track our friend down here in hopes of checking in on him more directly. If anyone here knows him personally and can get in touch with him, please let me know. Thank you.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gatehouse

Thank you @alex, I just hope we can help him.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Patman99

As what has been said above, we, as a community, stand united to help or support you through whatever difficulties you are having. I hope you are not implying what I, and others, think you are implying. We can help. If calling a phone number is not an option, there are a number of community members have gone through similar experiences and can hopefully shed some light on the situation.

I hope you at least take the time to talk everything through with either a community member, a staff member, a close friend or family member, or even a professional if you are saying what we all think you are saying. Regardless of what you may think, a second (or third or fourth) opinion may make a world of difference.

Stay strong, duder.