The Blog that no one reads

ItsMeJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ItsMeJB

I sometimes wonder why people write blogs that no one reads. Like this one for instance. Perhaps it's the fact that it's easier and cheaper than therapy. Is there comfort in expressing your woes and joys to an empty room in corner of the Internet somewhere? I guess so.

I would say that at least this answers one question: "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it fall, does it make a sound?" Well, if a person writes a blog and no one reads it, it's still written, so I have to conclude (probably falsely) that yes, the blog is written, ergo the sound is made.

Anywho...we recently released the new version of Mooch (mooch.com). (BTW, I'm the founder of the site and have been working on it for years.) I think we've fixed the issues that made the initial beta less than perfect. The site is really amazing now and members are reacting with positive feedback. That makes me happy. All the imaginary people in my head who are reading this now should check it out.

Hmmm, should I dare to play WoW Cataclysm when it comes out or will the time suck be the end of me?

Have a nice day no one.

JB

ItsMeJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ItsMeJB

I sometimes wonder why people write blogs that no one reads. Like this one for instance. Perhaps it's the fact that it's easier and cheaper than therapy. Is there comfort in expressing your woes and joys to an empty room in corner of the Internet somewhere? I guess so.

I would say that at least this answers one question: "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it fall, does it make a sound?" Well, if a person writes a blog and no one reads it, it's still written, so I have to conclude (probably falsely) that yes, the blog is written, ergo the sound is made.

Anywho...we recently released the new version of Mooch (mooch.com). (BTW, I'm the founder of the site and have been working on it for years.) I think we've fixed the issues that made the initial beta less than perfect. The site is really amazing now and members are reacting with positive feedback. That makes me happy. All the imaginary people in my head who are reading this now should check it out.

Hmmm, should I dare to play WoW Cataclysm when it comes out or will the time suck be the end of me?

Have a nice day no one.

JB

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

i think blogs are more of self expression. before the internet, blogs = journal. No one reads your journal, unless they want a beating. Its good for people to write down their thoughts and feelings. I think people commenting actually ruins the purpose of a blog. Thats what threads are for. Either way, i just ruined your blog by replying :) I will now check out your site.

iBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iBear

zzz

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CornontheCobbe

I read most blogs. 

I like to hear what people have to say generally.

However this seems a bit aimed at getting people to join Mooch...?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

I read ALL blogs. Including this one. Although I hate being linked to other sites in blogs, so I'm not checkin out your page... sorry.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I didn't read this.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By Symphony

This was better than most first posts that are just links to another site. While I saw it coming from the title, I read it anways, so point for you.

Still not checking your site out though.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I just read your blog and therefore I have proven that you are wrong. 

ItsMeJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ItsMeJB

Isn't a blog supposed to be a place where a person can express opinions and thoughts about the things that matter to them? There are plenty of things that are important to me. One of those things is gaming. In fact, it's so important to me that I spent 4 years and waaaay too much money building the trading site Mooch so gamers could trade games instead of getting ripped off at retail stores. Now I want to blog about it. But is my blogging just spam at this point? Is it wrong for me to want to share my creation with other gamers? I most certainly don't want to piss people off. And I think I'm boring people already. Which is clearly bad.

Soooo, maybe I'll stick with talking about other things I care about like Diablo III or my family's suicidal psycho-cat Vee Vee. Hey, here's an idea...why don't you tell me what you want to hear about. Otherwise, I might just go on blabbing about Mooch.