The Colony

KingdomKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KingdomKey

Does anyone else on these boards watch this show? Its on Discovery. The premise is Its a controlled experiment to see if people can survive after a viral outbreak. The first season was great and some of the contraptions those colonist came up with were pretty neat. If you dont know about it you should check it out.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Feanor

It seems like an act. Why would they be worried about these "strangers", its not like they are allowed to hurt you.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By singular

Sounds interesting.
Avatar image for manhattan_project
Manhattan_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Manhattan_Project
@Feanor said:
" It seems like an act. Why would they be worried about these "strangers", its not like they are allowed to hurt you. "
Yeah they are.   

@KingdomKey: I love the show but I missed last nights episode hopefully they will re-air it.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Feanor
@Manhattan_Project: I highly doubt it, insurance wouldn't allow it, and i doubt its legal.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArchScabby

Is this show an M Night  Shyamalan movie, and at the end we find out it was all real?

Manhattan_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Manhattan_Project
@Feanor said:

" @Manhattan_Project: I highly doubt it, insurance wouldn't allow it, and i doubt its legal. "

Then how do you explain an elbow to the upper back of one of the colonists?
 Also, you don't have to hit someone to hurt them. Pepper spray, for example, was used on them in the first episode.
Frozen_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Frozen_Ice
@Feanor said:
" It seems like an act. Why would they be worried about these "strangers", its not like they are allowed to hurt you. "
Exactly! My friend tries to tell me how interesting it is, but all I keep saying to him is, "It can't be that great, because you know you can't be killed by these people. You never have that life or death, kill or be killed instinct."
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Feanor
@Manhattan_Project: Wrestling must be real then too.
Manhattan_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feanor said:
" @Manhattan_Project: Wrestling must be real then too. "
Oh so by your standards firefighters are just actors too, right? Because you can fake that. 
Also, you actually aren't real because you can fake that too.

Right.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Feanor
@Manhattan_Project: No, firefighters are not on TV, and are not worried about ratings.
KingdomKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KingdomKey
@Feanor said:
They aren't allowed to physically harm them. But the colonist DON'T know that.@Manhattan_Project said:
" @Feanor said:
Yeah they are.   

@KingdomKey: I love the show but I missed last nights episode hopefully they will re-air it. "
Its was cool. They got electricity using the biofuel from pig fat. And yea, Discovery runs soooo many re-runs so I assume they will re-air it.
Manhattan_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feanor said:

" @Manhattan_Project: No, firefighters are not on TV, and are not worried about ratings. "

You were saying?
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Feanor

@KingdomKey: How naive would the participants have to be to think that those people are allowed to hurt you.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By kmdrkul

It's an interesting concept, but I do agree that due to the fact that you're being filmed for a TV show it would take out the real element of being completely and utterly fucked.

Also, I remember reading the wiki on the show a few weeks ago and it said it's filmed in LA.  Go figure...

JYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JYoung

It's pretty easy to assume they might have had to sign some wavers saying that they couldn't hold discovery responsible for any injuries.

KingdomKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KingdomKey
@Feanor said:
"  @KingdomKey: How naive would the participants have to be to think that those people are allowed to hurt you. "
Agreed. No argument there...But BESIDES the self defense portion, the actual survival techniques they use are pretty cool. Like how to get drinking water,electricity and such.
Manhattan_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmdrkul said:

" It's an interesting concept, but I do agree that due to the fact that you're being filmed for a TV show it would take out the real element of being completely and utterly fucked.  Also, I remember reading the wiki on the show a few weeks ago and it said it's filmed in LA.  Go figure... "

That was the first season. Season 2 is in Louisiana .
Manhattan_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KingdomKey said:
" @Feanor said:
"  @KingdomKey: How naive would the participants have to be to think that those people are allowed to hurt you. "
Agreed. No argument there...But BESIDES the self defense portion, the actual survival techniques they use are pretty cool. Like how to get drinking water,electricity and such. "

Just remembered this, did you notice how the annoucer didn't say "the actors have been instructed not to harm the colonists" (like last season) and instead said "they have been told to use force if necessary" Doesn't that mean they can use force?
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By gingertastic_10

I refuse to watch shows like that. I think they are just plain dumb.

KingdomKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KingdomKey
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @KingdomKey said:
" @Feanor said:
Agreed. No argument there...But BESIDES the self defense portion, the actual survival techniques they use are pretty cool. Like how to get drinking water,electricity and such. "
Just remembered this, did you notice how the annoucer didn't say "the actors have been instructed not to harm the colonists" (like last season) and instead said "they have been told to use force if necessary" Doesn't that mean they can use force? "
Yea I noticed that. This seasons seems way more brutal than last season. As you said earlier they did get pepper sprayed and they got rough with the colonist. Of course people cant get killed, why would anyone think they could? The colonists on the other hand dont seem like their ready for whats ahead. The first seasons colonist were great at surviving. IDK, I just dont like them for some reason....
Manhattan_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KingdomKey: Yeah they seem severly unprepared. But I do like the "calm" guy who tackled the first stranger. He seems like he could snap and kill someone anytime. I'm excited.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Feanor
@KingdomKey: Totally.  I like how they made that wood gas last season to power their generators. Pretty creative. 
dunderri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By dunderri

They should double the money for the people on the show as an incentive to allow them to get shot, etc.
I WANNA SEE PEOPLE DIE.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Damien

Yeh, I just can't buy into this show for reasons others have stated here.