The elimination of trust, the destruction of a relationship, and

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlackBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BlackBond

The elimination of trust, the destruction of a relationship, and the aftermath.

Trust is the basis of a relationship. Without trust there can be no relationship. The relationship of this site and its users is based on trust. Based on the principals of honestly full well knowing that the opinions and articles have in no way been influenced by outside parties. Well that trust was apparently broken and now that relationship has been destroyed. What happened to Jeff Gerstmann is unthinkable and atrocious. To think that a man was fired over giving his "OPINION" of a game is ludicrious. Its his damn job to give his opinion. If Jeff's job is to give "HIS" opinion on games then why was he fired for it. Last I checked the Review was done by JEFF GERSTMANN not by Cnet. If Cnet wants positive reviews then why don't they do it themselves and put their name in that Review block instead of his.

From this point on there is no credibility to Gamespot scores. There is no way to know which scores have been tainted and which have not been. This is now like the MLB Steroid Scandel. We don't know whats right and whats wrong. The only review we can 100% be certain that doesn't have a asterisk* on it is the Kane & Lynch Review.

So for it to be said yes I am disgusted with this situation. Will I still visit Gamespot? The answer is yes. Come on now what would SW be without BlackBond? But to be honest, the whole thing is being destroyed at such a fast pace now that even my influence can't do much. But in the end all GS Scores are no longer legit. They mean nothing to me. Not as long as the advertising dollar is out there pushing down pressure and extending its influence of corruption.

For those who want to know. Jeff's Video Review was removed do.

If you would like to see it you can find it here.

Posted by Blackbond 11/29/2007 10:08pm
comments: 8
BlackBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BlackBond

The elimination of trust, the destruction of a relationship, and the aftermath.

Trust is the basis of a relationship. Without trust there can be no relationship. The relationship of this site and its users is based on trust. Based on the principals of honestly full well knowing that the opinions and articles have in no way been influenced by outside parties. Well that trust was apparently broken and now that relationship has been destroyed. What happened to Jeff Gerstmann is unthinkable and atrocious. To think that a man was fired over giving his "OPINION" of a game is ludicrious. Its his damn job to give his opinion. If Jeff's job is to give "HIS" opinion on games then why was he fired for it. Last I checked the Review was done by JEFF GERSTMANN not by Cnet. If Cnet wants positive reviews then why don't they do it themselves and put their name in that Review block instead of his.

From this point on there is no credibility to Gamespot scores. There is no way to know which scores have been tainted and which have not been. This is now like the MLB Steroid Scandel. We don't know whats right and whats wrong. The only review we can 100% be certain that doesn't have a asterisk* on it is the Kane & Lynch Review.

So for it to be said yes I am disgusted with this situation. Will I still visit Gamespot? The answer is yes. Come on now what would SW be without BlackBond? But to be honest, the whole thing is being destroyed at such a fast pace now that even my influence can't do much. But in the end all GS Scores are no longer legit. They mean nothing to me. Not as long as the advertising dollar is out there pushing down pressure and extending its influence of corruption.

For those who want to know. Jeff's Video Review was removed do.

If you would like to see it you can find it here.

Posted by Blackbond 11/29/2007 10:08pm
comments: 8
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Did you just find out about this?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Jeff Gerstmann is currently working on a new project: Giantbomb.com, and it's going quite well. Seriously, this is old news, most of us have moved on. Actually, I think things have changed for the better. I like the Bombcast more than the Hotspot, even when Jeff was there.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Very old news. Giant Bomb is better than Gamespot anyways. You can cuss!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_Jr said:
"Very old news. Giant Bomb is better than Gamespot anyways. You can cuss!
"
Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits, fart, turd and twat.

But yeah dude, what's with the thread? Is this supposed to be news to us?
And for System Wars to be the sole reason you wanna stay at Gamespot is kind of sad.
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zitosilva

Did we just travel back in time?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK

ancient ancient news

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

OK.....Yeah, we don't know what happened but I am pretty sure this put it over the top, I am sure other companies had complained and Eidos has doen this shit a lot...I mean a lot, writing letters and letting publications know that they wont stand for bad reviews.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Hexpane

Oohhhhhh SNAP that was c0LD

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Luke
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

My main problem with Gamespot now is just feeling no connection with the staff. Before all this, I knew a lot of the people that worked there. Not personally, but I'd followed the site long enough to get to know them, I could read their reviews and their blogs. I liked the staff, I cared about what they had to say. I looked forward to their reviews over any other source. Now I go there a few times a month, and that's it.