The Last House on the Left Trailer (remake)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Don't know how many of you ever saw the original flick, which is a Wes Craven classic tale of revenge.  This version seems to be taking quite a few liberties, which I will explain after the video:

1.  I'm curious as to whether the extent of the violence and the gore from the original will still be present.  The original is still considered one of the most violent films to ever be released.  This, on the other hand, seems as if it might try to just turn the whole movie into nothing more than a gorno.  The original had a REASON for the uber-violence.

2.  They changed Phyllis' name to Paige, and they don't make it very clear in the trailer whether or not the horrific shit that happened to her in the original happens in this flick.

3.  The parents originally figured out about the "gang" harming their daughter because of a peace sign hanging on Sadie's neck, and the parents go out to the lake and find Mari.  However, in this, it would seem that Mari makes it to the house on her own and the parents find her.  Bullshit.

Overall, I'm kind of psyched to see the movie, as I'm a huge Wes Craven fan and loved the original flick.  I'm also happy that they are sticking to an R-rating on this remake instead of trying to go PG-13 with it.  However, I'm just not sure about how well this will hold up.  Craven was a producer on it, but at the same time, go back and look at Red Eye and Cursed.  =  /
Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Duke_Lion

The orginal was alright I think, I laughed hell of hard when the mom bit the dudes dick off.  That was to much for me lol.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jakob187
Duke_Lion said:
"The orginal was alright I think, I laughed hell of hard when the mom bit the dudes dick off.  That was to much for me lol."
One of the best parts of the flick, IMO.  I loved that they paid tribute to it in Zombie Strippers.
Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Duke_Lion

I think the movie will be totally different and that anyone hoping it will be exactly the same will hate it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jakob187
Duke_Lion said:
"I think the movie will be totally different and that anyone hoping it will be exactly the same will hate it."
I'm not really expecting it to be the same.  I just think that they are going to put a bigger emphasis on the parents' revenge rather than the grisly events that lead to the parents' revenge.  In the original, the torture stuff was pretty fucking rough.  The parents' getting revenge was a good portion of the movie, but it seems like it's almost ALL of this movie.
I do like the idea, however, of good people going bad.  Plus, I really like how creepy that cover of "Sweet Child o' Mine" works in that trailer.
Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Duke_Lion

I agree witjakob187 said:

"Duke_Lion said:
"I think the movie will be totally different and that anyone hoping it will be exactly the same will hate it."
I'm not really expecting it to be the same.  I just think that they are going to put a bigger emphasis on the parents' revenge rather than the grisly events that lead to the parents' revenge.  In the original, the torture stuff was pretty fucking rough.  The parents' getting revenge was a good portion of the movie, but it seems like it's almost ALL of this movie.
I do like the idea, however, of good people going bad.  Plus, I really like how creepy that cover of "Sweet Child o' Mine" works in that trailer.
"
Yeah these are good points.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By auspiciousqueue

IMO Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring was better. But the original Last House on the Left was pretty intense. Why did they feel they have to remake it?