The new castlevania thing on Netflix is great!

• 64 results
FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Watched the first episode, kept me interested throughout. Love the voice acting.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@boozak said:

I thought it was alright but I really couldnt stand Trevor. It felt like his character was written by a 14 year old since his catchphrases tended to be "I dont care" "shut up" plus lots of fucks. I get what they were going for and his arc seems to be concluded which should make him a more tolerable character but I still dont like him. Come to think of it angsty protagonists are one of the main reasons I dont watch a lot of anime.

Also could not stand Trevor. I don't watch a lot of anime anymore, but the last time a hero was this angsty-edge lord was Gundam Wing, and that character is the reason I stopped watching, despite giant robots blowing stuff up. By the last episode, Trevor became tolerable, but the first few episodes were rough...

Really looking forward to seeing more Alucard. Who's voiced by the same actor as Gaius Fraking Baltar. I'm glad he's not an anime cliche, with his incredibly calm, collected, confident self, and his long, flowing hair, long coat, and long sword. Oh. Well, at least he doesn't have mother issues!

The action scenes have been pretty good - they're fairly grounded yet anime at the same time. Seeing the call backs to the NES games was also cool.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Another vote for strong VA and fun action scenes. I was particularly into the magic. The story beats were as color by numbers as you get.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Watched all of it, I want a "real" season something bad.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I don't quite understand the hate for Trevor. Even though he's sort of washed up, he's a surprisingly even tempered, gruff soldier with a dry sense of humour. These are qualities that I find totally believable for someone who has fought countless monsters. I don't really see how this is too angsty, in fact I think it'd be less believable if he was some "THE VALIANT VAMPIRE SLAYER!" His personality comfortably fits with the aesthetic and tone of the show.

As far as angst goes, I'd say Trevor's on a pretty mellow side of the spectrum.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@zelyre said:
@boozak said:

I thought it was alright but I really couldnt stand Trevor. It felt like his character was written by a 14 year old since his catchphrases tended to be "I dont care" "shut up" plus lots of fucks. I get what they were going for and his arc seems to be concluded which should make him a more tolerable character but I still dont like him. Come to think of it angsty protagonists are one of the main reasons I dont watch a lot of anime.

Also could not stand Trevor. I don't watch a lot of anime anymore, but the last time a hero was this angsty-edge lord was Gundam Wing, and that character is the reason I stopped watching, despite giant robots blowing stuff up. By the last episode, Trevor became tolerable, but the first few episodes were rough...

Really looking forward to seeing more Alucard. Who's voiced by the same actor as Gaius Fraking Baltar. I'm glad he's not an anime cliche, with his incredibly calm, collected, confident self, and his long, flowing hair, long coat, and long sword. Oh. Well, at least he doesn't have mother issues!

The action scenes have been pretty good - they're fairly grounded yet anime at the same time. Seeing the call backs to the NES games was also cool.

I'm glad he's not an anime cliche, with his incredibly calm, collected, confident self, and his long, flowing hair, long coat,

That's definitely an anime cliche, only he's usually the bad guy. Also they could easily write daddy issues into Alucard's story. Hell, the guy is on a mission to kill his own father, or at least seriously hinder his plans - he's gotta have some kind of daddy issues somewhere or that plot point doesn't make much sense.

I can understand why Trevor would turn people off, but I think part of his character arc in this "pilot season" was growing past that. He's been cast aside and his family wiped out by the very society they had protected for ages, so he probably does have a hard time openly caring about them. That was part of the point of his conversation with Alucard ("Do you care?" and then later "That's not what I asked, do you care?"). I sorta get the feeling that the next season will have some more character drama/friction/whatever between Sypha, Trevor, and Alucard. And you can pretty much bet they'll come out of it best buddies.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So just finished watching the 4 episodes and I LOVED IT. I wish there were 10 seasons each with 20 episodes because I'd sit through every one. Trevor was a fucking boss I loved him.

JunkerWoland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to intentionally be contrarian, but I didn’t much like these four episodes. If I try my best to put aside personal bias, the show seems like perfectly adequate entertainment, and I think I can at least see why people enjoyed it.

Since the trailer reveal, I've never warmed to the art and character designs, and the actual animation and direction are too choppy for my tastes. The overall writing and characterizations were a disappointment; the show’s neither as serious and brutal, or as high-spirited and eccentric, as I would have preferred. I have other more specific nitpicks, but ultimately it just comes down to thinking this wasn’t a very good show.

I’ll still give the Second Season a few episodes, now that they’re in the castle, even though I don’t actually expect the rest of the run to resolve my issues. Hopefully the forthcoming episodes mine the franchise for a little more appropriately executed fanservice.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Had fairly high expectations (I got excited, okay!?) and was thankfully not disappointed. Really looking forward to season 2.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

It reminds me an 80s-90s OVAs where the violence and edgy imagery and sex are turned all the way up to an exploitative degree but the tone or characters or voice acting aren't very serious. But like, an earnestly good one of those. I love it. Excited for more.

2Seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By 2Seven

Just watched it off of the forum title recommendation and it is indeed good.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the people hating this. It's really great went in to watch one episode ended up watching everything. Can't wait for season 2 ! I really liked the voice actor who portraise Belmont.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: yeah hes great iant he? Alot of his delivery was just perfect