The new Honda Civic Type R GT500 class race car is set to debut in Super GT 2024 season

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear motorsport fans

Honda revealed this car at Tokyo Auto Salon 2023 (Car show) and is to replace the Honda NSX GT500 race car, this means Super GT 2024 season's GT500 class grid will consist of this, Toyota GR Supra GT500 and Nissan Z/Fairlady GT500.

It's a rear-wheel drive car that features a lightweight chassis, a 600+ horsepower 4-cylinder engine, and a high downforce bodywork like a DTM race car in order to meet its class regulations which are totally different compared to its street-legal/road car counterpart.

News article link for more details:
Honda Civic Type R unveiled for 2024 SUPER GT season (motorsport.com)

Sidenote: Super GT used to be called JGTC (All Japan Grand Touring Car Championship) until the end of the 2004 season.

freemeerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, that's exciting news! I can't wait to see the new Honda Civic Type R GT500 race car in action. It's always thrilling to see the latest technology and engineering put to the test on the track. I'm sure it's going to be a fierce competitor and provide some exciting races in the upcoming season.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think Honda did a nice job with the 'street' Civic R and the racing car version. Its seems like both Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, and Subaru have realized there is still niche that wants a manual transmission car and will spend the money. Anyways, nice looking car.