The new new Giantbomb this time its New

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bombastius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By bombastius

So today news has kinda left me in a weird place and kinda felt like the world shifted and inch or so for me today. I hope for the best of course but i still feel kinda like this is reminiscent of graduating from school.

There´s the feeling that you always knew that it was coming and that everybody has to grow out of that time but when you are there you know that things aren't gonna be quite the same again. People will grow apart and it will be things that over time will loose contact and fade away (Rorie , Tested ) and through the process of growing you advance to new heights or lows. I have really enjoyed the independent spirit of GB over the years with them speaking out whats really on their mind like normal people , once in a while having occasion to get drunk and have parties , as normal people, being able to say the fucking f word or c word, like normal people without being bleeped out or cut away like so much else in american entertainment ( fuck PG 13). That said I gotta give these guys the benefit of the doubt for now but i guess changes are inevitable in the end, as part of growth. Again to go back to my graduating analogy , you stick around with you buddies for the first year or two but then its when the real changes of life is gonna happen and I just hope that the changes will be for the better and that they wont loose too much of their voice by being part of CBS corp.

At a time i kinda hope d GB would change the face of game journalism and go from being dependent on publishers and have more Independence and not have the constant threat of content lockout or add cash removal that might or might not affect the way its done.

Again I have to stress that i believe in the duders and hope for the best but i cant avoid to fell that this is the end of an era of somewhat independent GB content and that changes are a coming. Just hoping they are more for the better than worse.

But how do you guys think about this?

bombastius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bombastius

So today news has kinda left me in a weird place and kinda felt like the world shifted and inch or so for me today. I hope for the best of course but i still feel kinda like this is reminiscent of graduating from school.

There´s the feeling that you always knew that it was coming and that everybody has to grow out of that time but when you are there you know that things aren't gonna be quite the same again. People will grow apart and it will be things that over time will loose contact and fade away (Rorie , Tested ) and through the process of growing you advance to new heights or lows. I have really enjoyed the independent spirit of GB over the years with them speaking out whats really on their mind like normal people , once in a while having occasion to get drunk and have parties , as normal people, being able to say the fucking f word or c word, like normal people without being bleeped out or cut away like so much else in american entertainment ( fuck PG 13). That said I gotta give these guys the benefit of the doubt for now but i guess changes are inevitable in the end, as part of growth. Again to go back to my graduating analogy , you stick around with you buddies for the first year or two but then its when the real changes of life is gonna happen and I just hope that the changes will be for the better and that they wont loose too much of their voice by being part of CBS corp.

At a time i kinda hope d GB would change the face of game journalism and go from being dependent on publishers and have more Independence and not have the constant threat of content lockout or add cash removal that might or might not affect the way its done.

Again I have to stress that i believe in the duders and hope for the best but i cant avoid to fell that this is the end of an era of somewhat independent GB content and that changes are a coming. Just hoping they are more for the better than worse.

But how do you guys think about this?

gizmo88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gizmo88

There's no question Giantbomb will change for the worse. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But be assured, it will be eroded. Those who think otherwise are a bit myopic.

However, those who think Jeff and Ryan had anything to do with this would be incorrect. Shelby was the one who wanted out, not them. Let the 1 star Itunes ratings commence.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By trace

We're way overloaded on topics discussing this, so please direct any further thoughts to this thread. Thanks!