Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

elcome!

Welcome to the NHL 2018-2019 Season Thread. In this thread we can discuss the upcoming season of all of our favourite teams and their journey through the 2018-2019 season.

I know Hockey is serious business, but let's keep it civil despite NHL rivalries. I'll be posting the current standings every week on Sunday to keep track of how teams are doing.

Standings - October 8th - 14th

Eastern Conference

No Caption Provided

Western Conference

No Caption Provided

Resources

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

*Sigh* Pity me, the poor Wild fan. A team built entirely around the tail end of Ryan Suter's career, the mummified corpse of Zach Parise and delusional belief among ownership that only small tweaks are needed and that this is going to be our year.

The worst part? We'll be just good enough to sneak into the playoffs and promptly get blown off the ice by a much better team. And we have just enough talent in the pipeline to prevent us from completely bottoming out and convincing the higher-ups that we need a re-build. I think the 1st round is the fanbase's hellish version of Groundhog Day.

giantmidget999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GO LEAFS GO

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

LET'S GO CAPS! I HAVE HOPE AGAIN!

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toronto/Tampa in ECF

San Jose/Winnipeg in WCF

Toronto/Winnipeg in the (All-Canadian) Cup

Toronto Wins!

My prediction anyways

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As a Caps fan, I finally got to taste the sweet taste of victory. We broke curses and raised the Cup! I like the squad again this year (we are putting up some goals! 14 in 2 games) but Toronto and Tampa are just so loaded. Tavares looks revitalized. That Leafs/Blackhawks game was nuts! The West seems wide open, until Seattle joins the league and they get an All-Star team like Vegas did. I do think a Vegas comes down to reality this year though. San Jose, Winnipeg, & Anaheim look good

Side note: Makes you wonder why Anaheim ever got rid of the Mighty Ducks logo and unis cause they were sharp looking last night. Those throwbacks were so nice.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By asmo917

Happy to see another Leafs fan around. The real question: How many heart attacks do you plan on having this season thanks to the "defense" they play?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asmo917: Our defense sucks so much. We’re lucky our offence is pretty good and so is Anderson.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a pretty good recap of the Leafs vs Dallas game last night -

Loading Video...

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's go Red Wings! Prepared for sadness!

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

go Knights go!!!! after last year i would be happy to make the playoffs again :)

slow start for us this year but lets change it tonight! Rematch tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamb1t said:

go Knights go!!!! after last year i would be happy to make the playoffs again :)

slow start for us this year but lets change it tonight! Rematch tonight

They were the biggest surprise for me last year, but just goes to show the depth of the NHL and it's talent. I was happy either way with VGK or the Caps winning, but it would have been absolutely crazy if the VGK won.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By confusedowl

Canadian Pittsburgh fan signing on. Newish to Hockey so this is my 2nd full season where I'll be tuning into every game. I would have chosen a Canadian team but my family are long time pens fans so I'm sticking with the family favourite.

Hoping Kessel becomes a 3x Stanley cup champion this season!

CherryBerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz: As a Stars fan I feel like you are targeting me with that video. I don't need to relive that performance.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Sigh* Pity me, the poor Wild fan. A team built entirely around the tail end of Ryan Suter's career, the mummified corpse of Zach Parise and delusional belief among ownership that only small tweaks are needed and that this is going to be our year.

The worst part? We'll be just good enough to sneak into the playoffs and promptly get blown off the ice by a much better team. And we have just enough talent in the pipeline to prevent us from completely bottoming out and convincing the higher-ups that we need a re-build. I think the 1st round is the fanbase's hellish version of Groundhog Day.

I was so sad when Parise left the Devils but that contract was never worth it. Just by the way he plays the game it was always clear he was going to start breaking down earlier than most. Not to mention he was a step slower ever since injuring his knee back in 2010.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've updated the standings - Leafs did really well last week. I like that we're off to a strong start! Auston Matthews is doing incredibly well so far.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilzrule27 said:

@therealturk said:

I was so sad when Parise left the Devils but that contract was never worth it. Just by the way he plays the game it was always clear he was going to start breaking down earlier than most. Not to mention he was a step slower ever since injuring his knee back in 2010.

You can't question the guy's heart, that's for sure. But he isn't getting any younger. Last weekend you had both the good in-his-prime Parise and the bad 34-year-old-with-too-many-injuries Parise on full-display.

First he set up Suter's late tying goal against the Hawks that was 100% about battling hard and wanting it more than the other guy. Then we lost to Carolina after he turned the puck over in OT at the end of a 67-second(!) shift. I suppose I can't complain too much seeing as we somehow made it overtime and got our loser point despite getting outshot 57-23.

Avatar image for mustachioeugene
mustachioeugene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wings/Leafs fan here (grew up in Ontario near the border with Michigan), when they were in seperate conferences I could always cheer for both teams, and since the Wings moved back to the East, they've been a playoff bubble team with aging stars and the Leafs have been an exciting rebuild to watch, and hopefully it pays off soon. With the way the Wings are looking on paper and on the ice, I guess I won't have to see my favorite teams face each other in the playoffs for a few years now.