chadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chadj

**edit**

I pulled these videos down recently and I posted this message further down into this thread .....

You are correct, they are not on the subscriber panel and thats initially what compelled me to do this in the first place. But the content still isn't mine and I didn't receive permission. Looking back on it I feel bad for doing this in the first place. My desire to see this content in a mobile accessible format overwhelmed my good sense. And quite honestly, I didn't think anyone would notice the pull down (how wrong was I?).

And then a little later ...

Clarifying a few points... I originally paid very close attention to not upload anything to Youtube that was already available on Giantbomb. And I had ads disabled. In the end, though, I felt it best to respect the original owners rights to publish these videos where and how they pleased.
Perhaps I am wrong or jumped the gun, but there you go. Now you know why.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm going to have to go watch some that I remember fondly.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JayDee

cool, thanks.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Slurpelve

Awesome, Just when am getting my new phone.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By joshthebear

Holy shit, awesome work duder. I misse a lot of these and it'll be a joy to get caught up.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

haha. That StarCraft II Grudge Match is hilarious. All of the StarCraft II stuff is fantastic.

Everyone owes it to themselves to watch those videos.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Akyho

I at first didnt have much of a clue on the use....then i realized I had said this to myself befor. I am a premium Member and Id like to sit back and watch the archives on my xbox.

Took me a minute. Thanks for that. I can catch up on the 2010 BBLL Show.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

That After Hours video is a fever dream on demand.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TepidShark

Looks great. Lot of great stuff on there. Both Kinect live streams would be cool to have on there as well.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zeforgotten

Dang, would've been cool to see all TNTs in one playlist and in order but this will have to do. 
Still though, thanks for the awesome work! now I have a reason to just sit down and watch a few of them since TV is boring :P

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jothel

Holy shit, you hero

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Animasta

YOUR MOMMA SO BIG, SHE NEEDS A 9 POOL

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By matti00

@Akyho said:

I at first didnt have much of a clue on the use....then i realized I had said this to myself befor. I am a premium Member and Id like to sit back and watch the archives on my xbox.

Took me a minute. Thanks for that. I can catch up on the 2010 BBLL Show.

Same here, I watch a fair bit of GB on my Xbox, to be able to watch stuff on there while I work on my laptop is spectacular. Great work duder!

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By DjCmeP

These are still on Justintv so I don't get why you had to upload them to youtube...

EDIT: But thanks anyway...I haven't seen the After Hours video.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ervonymous

Kudos man, never saw the Xboxalypse and Bad Company 2 ones.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten
@chadj said:

@ZeForgottensaid:

Dang, would've been cool to see all TNTs in one playlist and in order but this will have to do. Still though, thanks for the awesome work! now I have a reason to just sit down and watch a few of them since TV is boring :P

That can probably be arranged! I have no ETA on that though.

Would be awesome if it happened one day but no reason to rush into anything if you don't feel like it's needed :P 
As I said, I like what you've done already and I'm currently watching TNTs of old, so I'll return to doing just that while I finish up the rest of my work. 
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Neat.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mnzy

Aren't they all on twitch anyway? 
I don't know how happy they are to have somebody else hosting them on youtube.
twitch.tv/giantbomb/videos

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Isn't this premium content? So you're taking their paid content and putting it on YouTube for free?

Unless I'm mistaken, which I may well be, that's a bit ehhh.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@chadj said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

Isn't this premium content? So you're taking their paid content and putting it on YouTube for free?

Unless I'm mistaken, which I may well be, that's a bit ehhh.

No, I did not bring anything over to YouTube that was already on giantbomb.com as premium content. The old TNT's (the bulk of what I put up on YouTube) were never posted to the site.

Oh right. In that case, I <3 you.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By BlackLagoon

Lots of great stuff here, thanks for making it more accessible!

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Akyho

@mnzy: Twitch and Justin.tv are the same thing. Of witch the apps arnt very good.

I do wonder about if GB is ok with it. Which case its upto them. However I think he has set himself up to only put up stuff from a year ago or even stuff before the Gamespot switch over.

Nothing up so far is up to date. Hell I was sitting watching GB after hours I never knew excisted, seeing Ryan and Rori absolutely drunk, while its confusing as to weather Jeff is drunk or just being Jeff.

@chadj said:

No, I did not bring anything over to YouTube that was already on giantbomb.com as premium content. The old TNT's (the bulk of what I put up on YouTube) were never posted to the site.

Actually never mind Chad answered perfectly. I am fine with that. If it isnt up then the only way GB can happily take it down is to post it up in the premium section properly. Still the Big big live live show should stay anyways.

Etaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Etaber

You've done the Lord's work here. I can't believe how many of these I had forgotten.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By TepidShark

@chadj said:

Thanks guys!

@TepidShark: I'm pretty sure most of first Kinect live stream (the one that fell into the time range I was working with) ended up on the site as Quick Looks.

That is true, but there is hijinks that they get up to in the breaks that I think people would like to see again.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By laserbolts

Looks like all this stuff has been taken down. That's a shame since I was just starting to go through the TNTs that I have missed.

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kuz101

So, why where these taken down? I was just beginning to watch all these forgotten streams.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a shame. Hopefully GB themselves is going to put these back up in some capacity. It'd suck for them to ask someone to take them off of YouTube so they can sit in the awful Justin.tv or *shudder* Ustream archives for eternity.

chadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By chadj

My apologies for being brief. To clarify, neither Giantbomb nor CBSi asked me to take those down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chadj said:

My apologies for being brief. To clarify, neither Giantbomb nor CBSi asked me to take those down.

Then why did you do it?

chadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By chadj

My conscience got the best of me. Thats not my content to do with as I please.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Animasta

they are literally not on the subscriber panel, I don't see how conscious has anything to do with it (considering they themselves didn't take it down)

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Funkydupe

Yay turned to Nay.

chadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chadj

You are correct, they are not on the subscriber panel and thats initially what compelled me to do this in the first place. But the content still isn't mine and I didn't receive permission. Looking back on it I feel bad for doing this in the first place. My desire to see this content in a mobile accessible format overwhelmed my good sense. And quite honestly, I didn't think anyone would notice the pull down (how wrong was I?).

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Akyho

@chadj said:

You made enough noise that everyone knew what you were doing, mods and GB crew must have noticed and never said anything.

You were open about it and it was stuff not readily available to premium members or not. So it was taken as free content that was not locally hosted.

Yes the ideal world would be GB host them...however it hasn't happened and probably wont ever happen.

While the GB crew and mods couldn't say "yes do it!" they didn't say "no don't do it." as I assume it would cause problems if they did say yes.

Did you monetize the videos? That would be you profiting from content not yours. Which is wrong. I assume you were not and thus forth you were not doing something directly bad.

Even the other week there, a person made a thread saying "Guy on youtube is stealing GB content!" everyone looks and goes "Oh that. Its the GB Archive, a nice user put up. It was all stuff that isn't on the website and not easily available. So it was nice of that guy to archive."

The mods surely saw that. No one said anything. You never got a warning on these boards or on youtube to take it down. Until such a thing happened it was to be presumed no problems. Once you are warned or asked to take them down, then yeah comply.

So it seems all a little over sensitive. I understand your position however if the fiery hand was to strike the GB Youtube Archive you had put up. Then it would have done so sooner and quickly.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Hizang

I agree it shouldn't be up there, if you want it pay up if you don't tough.

TOUGH LOVE.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Funkydupe

@Hizang: But some of the stuff isn't even premium content nor is it hosted otherwise.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Akyho

@Hizang said:

I agree it shouldn't be up there, if you want it pay up if you don't tough.

TOUGH LOVE.

You missed the point. You haven't read anything. Its not the stuff that is subscriber content. Its not available at all on this website. That was the point of putting it on Youtube. It was recordings from the past that wasnt put up ont he sight. Meaning the only way to watch it was Live. Or trawl through Twitch.tv/ Justin.tv archives. To find these recordings.

They are not behind the pay barrier nor are they easily accessible for free members and on some cases not accessible to anyone!

Ok If you are failing to understand. Find me right now. The Giantbomb After hours with Matt Rorie, Ryan Davis and Jeff Gerstmann drunk off their asses sitting in the dark talking nonsense.

Also point me were I can see the EA Sport MMA TNT on this site that isnt a link Twitch.tv found here. http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/331303435

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jkz

I just finished watching everything that was in that channel. Bummer it's down now, but I at least understand where you''re coming from, friend

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bocam

People are pretty fucking stupid.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By fattony12000

Yo, maybe just drop the BombGuys a message and see if it's cool? Maybe kick their asses into gear to get round to archiving it themselves?

No one has told me to stop doing the stupid shit I do with their video content.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Hizang

@Akyho: Sorry, I jumped the gun a little, still I really don't think we have any right to complain. There is an insane amount of Giant Bomb content out there, I'm not going to miss anything. We should never expect everything to be archived.

chadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By chadj

Clarifying a few points... I originally paid very close attention to not upload anything to Youtube that was already available on Giantbomb. And I had ads disabled. In the end, though, I felt it best to respect the original owners rights to publish these videos where and how they pleased.

Perhaps I am wrong or jumped the gun, but there you go. Now you know why.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By Cincaid

@chadj: Don't worry about it man. If you don't want to keep it up, don't.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FengShuiGod

NO PUT EM UP WHETHER YOU WORRY ABOUT IT OR NOT GODDAMMIT

"Oh no, I'm such a tortured soul because I put up old videos of people playing video games on youtube and I couldn't sleep at night."

Take some ambien and get over it. And put those videos back up.

chadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By chadj
Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Akyho

@Hizang said:

@Akyho: Sorry, I jumped the gun a little, still I really don't think we have any right to complain. There is an insane amount of Giant Bomb content out there, I'm not going to miss anything. We should never expect everything to be archived.

While you are right. There was gold in it, Matt Rorie super drunk? Locked in a darkened room with Ryan and Jeff also drunk? Do the math.

@chadj

You took so much time to upload them and effort. It just seems a shame. Oh well whats done is done.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By laserbolts

So you aren't putting them back up or you are? Please tell me you are.

chadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By chadj

@laserbolts said:

So you aren't putting them back up or you are? Please tell me you are.

I am not putting them back up.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By laserbolts

Lame ok thanks I guess.