#1  Edited By Jayross
ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ErrorOperator

From what I have seen of the Pacific so far, I would have to say band of brothers. I genuinely prefer the characters in bob compared to pac, and the battles are a whole lot better!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

The Pacific is still running.  I'll wait until the series is over to make a judgment call.  If I only saw 5 episodes of Band or Brothers and was then able to compare them to 5 episodes of The Pacific, then that might be feasible, but until all of The Pacific has aired, I'll wait and see which I like better.  Right now I am digging The Pacific on HBO but honestly, I know I probably in the minority on this one, but I prefer From the Earth to the Moon to both of them.  An earlier Spielberg/Hanks production which I found more thrilling and exciting than the beaches of Omaha or the sands of Gaudalcanal. 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By damnboyadvance

I've only seen part of Band of Brothers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I have only seen the Pacific. I'll try to catch Band of Brothers sometime on blu-ray or DVD.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Pacific is great, but Band is superior in every possible way. The European theatre is also far more interesting.

The battles are alot more interesting since the Germans actually use tactics, whereas the Japanese are constantly doing suicide rushes into heavy machine gun fire.

VinLieger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VinLieger

Comparing the first 5 episode from BoB and The Pacific BoB is sooo much better so far. Im not gonna judge the entire series till ive seen it all but atm it isnt shaping up to be as good as BoB

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SammydesinasNL

They are both good but the chances of The pacific ending up as good as BoB is a slim one. I'll have to watch it a few times.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Osaladin

Band of Brothers was done better imo, and it follows the characters better as well. The Pacific looks to be darker, but I just don't get the same depth or care for the characters as I did with Easy Company.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aetos

I haven't seen any of The Pacific, but it looks interesting.  
Band of Brothers was fantastic and I have seen it many times. 

So choice C it is.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Korone

Band of Brothers by far. 

The Pacific seems to be a flaming piece of shit so far.

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Azrail

BOB but the pacific is quite good too 
people who rip on it have no taste and just watched they show to watch shit blow up, which is missing 75% of the point... 

and the pacific has more character depth because there arent 500 characters to follow...

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Philantrophy

The character development in BoB is much better. I don't even remember the names of the people in The Pacific.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Korone

^^
agreed

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Korone

who are you people why do i care this battle is boring what is happening why are you naked i dont understand wait the episode is over why is it over nothing happened

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By haethos

The Pacific is definitely more painful to watch than BoB. While there were definitely some "whoa, wtf" moments in BoB, the first episode of the Pacific had some parts that made me turn away from the monitor, and have kept me from watching more.

I understand that part of the aim of these miniseries is to paint a picture of the war that isn't all rosy and pink, but the casual callousness and brutality in the Pacific have really turned me off.

Avatar image for buttonsmcboomboom
ButtonsMcBoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Pacifier

No Caption Provided

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Korone said:
" Band of Brothers by far.   The Pacific seems to be a flaming piece of shit so far. "
the first episode was pretty lame if you ask me. its the only one i saw though. 
mr_korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mr_korean

The pacific's characters aren't as good and it seems like all their battles involve them digging in and shooting down japanese soldier as they run at them. Plus BoB had the sense that they were going places, eventually getting to hitlers refuge in the mountains. In the Pacific they're just island hopping to places I have no sense of direction

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By gearhead

As someone who finds the Pacific theater really interesting, I'm enjoying The Pacific. That being said; I think the characters in Band of Brothers are better; while The Pacific likes to move on from different sets of characters right after I begin to know who they're, and begin to like them. *sigh* I want to like The Pacific a lot, but they're many things that could have been done better.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By RTSlord

ive only seen the first episode of the pacific (ive seen all of BoB), so im not entirely qualified to judge the pacific; but i like BoB alot more.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Jadeskye

i can't say yet but i'm liking BoB a lil more so far.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By breadfan

I really like both series, but since I have seen Band of Brothers so many times I have more of a connection with those characters.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rockanomics

Pacific's first episode really hit me like a sack of shit, but it's just kind of been drifting along, I've still got hope. 

BoB was just crazy good almost the whole way.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By JoelTGM

The Pacific is alright.  Band of Brothers was so much more engrossing though, it was amazing.  The Pacific is just really depressing, so while it's well made and everything, it's not like I eagerly await the next episode.  Also, I've watched BoB many times, but I don't think I'll watch The Pacific a second time over.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mikeeegeee

I don't know guys. After tonight's episode, I see where the story is probably going to go. In the first five episodes, we were introduced to a host of characters including Sledge. 

Spoilers about why I feel the series is about to live up to my expectations:

Anyway, after watching Part 6 tonight, I am legitimately afraid of having nightmares.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ryax

i like band of brothers more. from what ive seen of the pacific it just seems to try to hard to be band of brothers on an island

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I like The Pacific, but I think Band of Brothers is probably the superior show.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Only seen Band of Brothers.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mikeeegeee
@Ryax said:
" i like band of brothers more. from what ive seen of the pacific it just seems to try to hard to be band of brothers on an island "
In what way? War is war, and if it's the same war, I imagine the explosions and violence will look similar. My problem with the show came from the dialogue, which I felt was weaker than BoB until this most recent episode. The characters were also kinda lacking, but I feel like that is going to change as well.

To those who doubt the show, bear in mind that the worst part of the war (Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Tokyo, and Peleliu [seen tonight]) is yet to come.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ryax
@mikeeegeee said:
" @Ryax said:
" i like band of brothers more. from what ive seen of the pacific it just seems to try to hard to be band of brothers on an island "
In what way? War is war, and if it's the same war, I imagine the explosions and violence will look similar. My problem with the show came from the dialogue, which I felt was weaker than BoB until this most recent episode. The characters were also kinda lacking, but I feel like that is going to change as well.  To those who doubt the show, bear in mind that the worst part of the war (Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Tokyo, and Peleliu [seen tonight]) is yet to come. "
im not denying that what happened there wasnt traumatic at all. its hard to explain but the way i see it is they have big foot steps that bob left them to fill and im just not enjoying it as much. just my opinion and im not trying to piss anyone off
mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mikeeegeee
@Ryax: I know, I was just wondering your reasoning. Totally doubted the show myself up until tonight; now I'm optimistic.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ryax
@mikeeegeee:  well if it is getting good like you say it might be worth watching again. last one i saw was the one where that guy stole some cigars and there was that fire fight in the forest with the pile of bodies. typing that just now i kinda made myself want to watch it.
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By carlthenimrod

The Pacific really picks up episodes 5 and 6. It started really slow but it may finish really strong. As of now I would pick Band of Brothers.