The Politics of Clerks.

xen0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xen0

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the parallels between the US' current deficit relation to China, and the scene where Dante talks about the owner not paying his electrician because he owes money to another guy that owes the owner money, and so the bathroom light never gets fixed? 

Basically, the reason we make the deficit such a big deal is, if we don't pay it, this nation's kids are all going to be shitting in the dark. ;D 

DISCUSS!

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mrfizzy

I have never seen the scene you are talking of but by the sound of it i guess that works as a really really REALLY simplified version of the whole situation. The entire owing money to other countries thing is a joke, more or less no country has the ability to pay off their foreign debt and even if they did there is really no incentive to do so anyway. eg, if you're America and you owe money to China, and you don't pay them back, there not going to come and take Texas from you as collateral are they? They cant really do anything other than get cranky and yell a lot.